HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
YoungGun

vCash: 500
LA Prospects

Hey guys,

Lauri Tukkanen
Denis Grebeshkov
Dustin Brown
Konstantin Pushkarev

How good are your prospects? Who would they compare to style wise in the NHL and how many points do you see them racking up once they make the NHL?

Thanx in advance.

Old
02-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun
Hey guys,

Lauri Tukkanen
Denis Grebeshkov
Dustin Brown
Konstantin Pushkarev

How good are your prospects? Who would they compare to style wise in the NHL and how many points do you see them racking up once they make the NHL?

Thanx in advance.
Here's some words from The Kings head amateur scout on Push and Tukonen
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Pushkarev
Quote:
I would expect he would be in Manchester next year. He signed with our team with an NHL contract. He is playing this year as a 19-year-old and each Major Junior team is only allowed to carry three overagers and generally if you have a player that is continuing to develop you want him moving on to the next level as opposed to playing as an overager. I would think that Konstantin would have a really good chance of playing on our American League team next year. He needs to get stronger, thatís his biggest weakness right now. He is still very thin, still immature physically. He has very good skills and he has adapted well to North America. Going to Calgary has been a very good move for him, seeing how the North American style is played on a decent team and get a lot of ice time. Iíd be surprised if he didnít make Manchester. But since he has only been in the CHL for one year, if he is not ready for Manchester it wonít hurt him to play a second year back in Calgary. But if I were to guess I would expect him to be in Manchester next year. I have had scouts from other teams, Phoenix and Detroit in particular, tell me that Konstantin will be the best player we selected in 2003.
Tukonen
Quote:
Yes, he is on a bad team that has struggled, so quite often the young guys suffer. The team will go with older players hoping the older guys will pull them out of the doldrums. Lauri is moving forward. He is getting more ice time than he was last year. We just look for guys to get a little bit better and sometimes they get a lot better. Heís getting more ice time in a really good league. Heís scoring more points and heís becoming more confident all the time. Their World Junior team played well below expectations. I donít know if there was a player on that team you could say played really well. Lauri was in fits and spurts a good player and an average player. To say weíre really happy with his progress would not be true. But when we look at all of the guys drafted around him I donít know that anyone has taken huge steps this year. We still view him as a really top prospect. We are very glad to have him in our organization. He is progressing at a normal pace.
The quotes we have on Grebs and Brown are old, so here are my thoughts
Grebeshkov-
It would be a shock if he didn't play in the NHL. He needs to work on his consistency. He starts games strong but doesn't finish strong. He could be a little more physical. His upside is a top 2 defenseman.

Brown-
Brown will be an NHL player. could be anywhere from fourth to first liner but worst case scenario will play in the NHL. He's a Poor man's Deadmarsh. Upside is first line winger

EDIT: add link

Last edited by Holly Gunning: 02-23-2005 at 11:29 PM.

Old
02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun
Hey guys,

Lauri Tukkanen
Denis Grebeshkov
Dustin Brown
Konstantin Pushkarev

Thanx in advance.
Grebs = Zubov
Brown = Deadmarsh
Lauri = Solid second liner two way foward with some offense so i'll say Draper or Lehtinen
Pushkarev = Dont know to much yet he should have high offense yet nothing amazing most likelly 2nd line foward meaning someone like Amonte if lucky and otherwise more like Cassels

Old
02-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Grebs = Zubov
Brown = Deadmarsh
Lauri = Solid second liner two way foward with some offense so i'll say Draper or Lehtinen
Pushkarev = Dont know to much yet he should have high offense yet nothing amazing most likelly 2nd line foward meaning someone like Amonte if lucky and otherwise more like Cassels
Pushkarev is going to be a lot of closer to Zherdev or Kovalchuk than Amonte of Cassells

Last edited by Old Hickory: 02-22-2005 at 07:58 PM.

Old
02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Grebeshkov - Zubov
Pushkarev - Nagy
Brown - Deadmarsh
Tukonen - Tomas Holmstrom, maybe?

Old
02-22-2005, 06:20 PM
KINGLEWOOD

If our prospects continue to grow and plan out here's what their upside will be like.

Grebeshkov=Gonchar or Visnovsky >Offensive minded defenseman with great vision and an excellent skater. Not very physical but isn't to afraid to lay a hit if needed.

Brown= Deadmarsh or Guerin >Top 6 foward who is dangerous around the net and can take care of himself when things get rough.

Pushkarev= Datsyuk or Zetterberg >From what I've read and heard he's much like the players mentioned, Pushkarev is a highly skilled foward who can stick handle in a phone booth and strong along the boards.

Tukonen= Lehtonen or Holik >He's got the potential to become a power foward who can also help the team defensively.

Old
02-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally posted by KINGLEWOOD
If our prospects continue to grow and plan out here's what their upside will be like.

Brown= Deadmarsh or Guerin >Top 6 foward who is dangerous around the net and can take care of himself when things get rough.

Brown is not Deadmarsh yet. Deader was mean and can throw down if needed. Brown seems too nice. However, I have seen Brownie lay some mean hits on NHL players and take punishment in front of the net that reminded me a lot of Deader. He lacks one thing, a mean streak. Then his skills will be complete.

Dave

Old
02-22-2005, 08:07 PM
McSorley 33

Just to throw this in here, what about Scott Barney. Is he a power forward thats going to make it after his 12th-13th injury recovery. just wondering?

Old
02-23-2005, 08:44 PM
KINGLEWOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Brown is not Deadmarsh yet. Deader was mean and can throw down if needed. Brown seems too nice. However, I have seen Brownie lay some mean hits on NHL players and take punishment in front of the net that reminded me a lot of Deader. He lacks one thing, a mean streak. Then his skills will be complete.

Dave
I agree! I think his mean streak will come with a bit more time he's still very young. for now it's best Dustin works on his scoring potential.

Old
02-23-2005, 11:10 PM
maximil

Just my opinion:

Brown: I see him as a less aggressive Adam Deadmarsh and a higher scoring, smarter, Eric Cole.

Grebeshkov: Might not have the same impact as Zubov. From the scouting reports I've read he sounds like he has a great feel for the game in both ends, with and without the puck. He might make a while to find his game in the NHL like Sydor did. Haven't seen him in enough games.

Pushkarev: Similar game as Val Bure. Haven't seen him in enough games.

Tukonen: Big finn. Never seen him play.

Barney: Hope he doesn't give up and people don't give up on him.

Old
02-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA

Dave

I agree as well. The day I see Dustin yell into the other teams penalty box "you're next", then I will call him the next Adam Deadmarsh.

Old
02-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Another thing regarding Brown. Remove the visor and develop a mean streak. Then he will be a deader clone.

D

Old
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Game Misconduct

I just finished watching the AHL All-Star game (finally), and Brown looks like he's getting stronger on his skates. Also showed some stickhandling and skating ability I had not seen before.

I think the point about mean streak is a very good one. He definitely goes to the net and works hard in the corners, but he never seems to get mad and rarely shows real aggression. I think Deadmarsh is otherwise a good comparison for his style of play.

Old
02-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

He's more like the next John Tonelli or Dave Taylor to me... which really is a very good thing. Both guys worked their buts off, grinded out the puck in the corners, went into the "red zone" and got their noses dirty and were quite productive on the score sheet as well.
Just like Taylor, he will compliment his linemates very well if ya put him with the right mix, a talented center in the middle (like Taylor had with Dionne, Brown has with Cammalleri). And a sniper on the other wing, and I think you have the combination of a lethal threat.

Old
02-26-2005, 07:23 AM
BINGO

The only complaint in Mnachester that I have heard is that Brownie needs to stand up for himself. He gets mugged behind the play a bit and is the target of most teams they play.

Other than that, he is a real grinder down low, who has shown some flash every now and then.

Old
02-26-2005, 03:30 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Im all for these threads it makes me feel good about our picks..... but you do have to remeber that they are young.... and alot of devlopment to go

Closed Thread