HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (1/13-1/18)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 08:56 AM
  #226
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,311
vCash: 500
Based on the forward lines from the first day, it looks as if Joey is going to at least go back to Springy for awhile. Can't say I argue with that.

But does this burn a year off his contract..?

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
  #227
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,507
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/Aportzline

#CBJ lines: 18-16-13 17-42-15 71-19-22 11-24-40 38-10-9. Johansen up w No. 3 line. Jenner drops w extra group. #readintoit #dontreadintoit

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:21 AM
  #228
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 12,722
vCash: 500
cbj added a TOUT account

http://www.tout.com/m/i0bgvq?ref=twew4rb5

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
  #229
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Based on the forward lines from the first day, it looks as if Joey is going to at least go back to Springy for awhile. Can't say I argue with that.

But does this burn a year off his contract..?
Whenever he plays, NHL or AHL it is year of his contract gone. As soon as he was sent to Springfield the contract year started. The best thing for him is to understand he needs to earn playing in the NHL. IMO, his play here in Springfield has not shown that for me. Needs to be much more consistent and learn to use his size.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
  #230
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Whenever he plays, NHL or AHL it is year of his contract gone. As soon as he was sent to Springfield the contract year started. The best thing for him is to understand he needs to earn playing in the NHL. IMO, his play here in Springfield has not shown that for me. Needs to be much more consistent and learn to use his size.
This is not a good sign H-girl but reading between the lines (pun intended) at camp it looks like you are right on.Hopefully he will live up to his draft status. In fairness to him, the Jackets did him no favor last season by having him stumble around Columbus.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:02 PM
  #231
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,063
vCash: 500
Puck rakers re: Day One:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...amp-day-1.html

I liked this quote:

"Coming from a place like New York, where the practices are closed ... this was really different," winger Brandon Dubinsky said. "I was walking (from the dressing room to the practice rink) and the crowd kept getting louder. I was like, 'really?' It was pretty cool to hear."


There's some pretty good stuff in there! I'm delighted that we have some substance for our arguments, now, rather than the crap we have been reduced to *****ing about.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:12 PM
  #232
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Still wondering if privately

Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon are pissed that they were traded from the Rags. I know we will give them a ton of responsibility & playing time but the Rags are legitimate contenders.

We shall see.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
  #233
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon are pissed that they were traded from the Rags. I know we will give them a ton of responsibility & playing time but the Rags are legitimate contenders.

We shall see.
They could always ask JJ. He has played it off pretty well. Could be pissed deep down, but that won't do any good going forward.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:23 PM
  #234
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 12,722
vCash: 500
because i'm tired of seeing the question asked on twitter...camp is open in ice haus at 11:15 tomorrow...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:42 PM
  #235
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon are pissed that they were traded from the Rags. I know we will give them a ton of responsibility & playing time but the Rags are legitimate contenders.

We shall see.
No doubt I bet they were when is started, but I bet it's been behind them for a long time.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
  #236
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I'm not a fan of Dorsett or Umberger on the first line. That said, I'm even more convinced that we have THREE second lines. You can switch them all you want. When it comes for forwards, nobody in the top nine really stands out as better than everybody else. Not yet, anyway.
That second sentence is the most important one, and why you shall be spared.

Folks are making the mistake of seeing some name that they fear high up in the rotation and thinking "omfg doom". You learn a lot more by paying attention to the whole thing. I don't quite get the whole "DD with Dubi and Anisimov" thing myself, but from what I hear from camp reports it seems to actually work, and I will not begrudge that which works even if it does challenge my assumptions. (Would that the same could be said of others here...)

Also, "Coach Umberger" is still our current best goal-scorer. He'll be on the top line.




* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
http://www.ska.ru/news/ru/7073.html

In the interview he said that there's no any particular reason, he just likes the number.
Hm. Interesting. I normally think of that number in the context of "quadruple-chai".

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon are pissed that they were traded from the Rags. I know we will give them a ton of responsibility & playing time but the Rags are legitimate contenders.
Generally when my paranoid inferiority complex starts suggesting such things, I tell it to sit down and shut up.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:37 AM
  #237
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Also, "Coach Umberger" is still our current best goal-scorer. He'll be on the top line.
Yeah, Crosby, RJ and Ovi will lead the league in goals this season.... oh, they will land on Mars together too.... lol

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:27 AM
  #238
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Yeah, Crosby, RJ and Ovi will lead the league in goals this season.... oh, they will land on Mars together too.... lol
RJ, no but if it's goals were talking Atkinson could be thrown there, kind of a dream more than realistic hopes.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:10 AM
  #239
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
RJ, no but if it's goals were talking Atkinson could be thrown there, kind of a dream more than realistic hopes.
Atkinson was picked by Yahoo sports to win the Calder. Maybe they see a lot of goals coming from him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8612--nhl.html


Last edited by Paisano*: 01-15-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM
  #240
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Atkinson was picked by Yahoo sports to win the Calder. Maybe they see a lot of goals coming from him
Too bad he is not eligible. He played in 27 games last year for the CBJ - if he had played in less than 25 he would have still been eligible.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:27 AM
  #241
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Too bad he is not eligible. He played in 27 games last year for the CBJ - if he had played in less than 25 he would have still been eligible.
Ahh, didn't realize that. Ok lets go for Boone To get it!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:47 AM
  #242
ernmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Question for anyone who has seen practice. Does Boone make the team?

I realize that it's hard to tell much of anything after just 2 days of practice, but the coaches have to make these evaluations in a short timeframe as well.

I think Boone is going to be a great one, but I don't want him here if he's not ready. With that said, I think he should be here if he is ready.

ernmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:49 AM
  #243
GF
Registered User
 
GF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Sad that they didn't invite JAM at the camp. The little guy showed real skills with the Falcons. I hope he gets a chance later this season.

GF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:15 AM
  #244
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernmorris View Post
Question for anyone who has seen practice. Does Boone make the team?

I realize that it's hard to tell much of anything after just 2 days of practice, but the coaches have to make these evaluations in a short timeframe as well.

I think Boone is going to be a great one, but I don't want him here if he's not ready. With that said, I think he should be here if he is ready.
Haven't been to a practice, but the way Porty is seeing it is that Jenner stays, and Johan goes back to the A. His thinking is that Jenner is better built for this team, and that Johan anywhere other than a top two line is a bad fit for him and the team.

Let him develop top line skills in the A, rather than letting him languish on a bottom line in the NHL.

That is what I got from the article, anyway.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
  #245
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
RJ, no but if it's goals were talking Atkinson could be thrown there, kind of a dream more than realistic hopes.
Yeah I'm not sure under what criteria RJ is our "best goal scorer", but I would not be shocked to see Atkinson lead the team in goals. This is going to be a great year for someone to break out.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:44 AM
  #246
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernmorris View Post
Question for anyone who has seen practice. Does Boone make the team?

I realize that it's hard to tell much of anything after just 2 days of practice, but the coaches have to make these evaluations in a short timeframe as well.

I think Boone is going to be a great one, but I don't want him here if he's not ready. With that said, I think he should be here if he is ready.
Things can change over the next couple of days, but it's looking like there is a good chance he sticks for his 5 game tryout. I'm guessing it's about 50/50 right now whether he makes it past 5 games.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
  #247
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Atkinson was picked by Yahoo sports to win the Calder. Maybe they see a lot of goals coming from him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8612--nhl.html
Yahoo sports also had Igor Grigorenko as a kid who could potentially score 50 goals as a rookie with the Red Wings since he could play with Dats and Z...

I love Cam and hope he does great, but anything Yahoo Sports says after that has been meaningless to me

I'm really pulling for Jenner to make his way onto the team. And Bob and Mason are kids I love. I am really pulling for your franchise. Good luck this year guys!

Blue Dot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:19 AM
  #248
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Yeah, Crosby, RJ and Ovi will lead the league in goals this season.... oh, they will land on Mars together too.... lol
Hon? You need new reading glasses. I didn't say he'd lead the NHL, I said "he's our best goal scorer", as in he's the one who's pretty much guaranteed to go over 20 goals in a given full-length season, which is not something any of our other forwards have done consistently.

also, where's Stamkos?

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Yeah I'm not sure under what criteria RJ is our "best goal scorer", but I would not be shocked to see Atkinson lead the team in goals. This is going to be a great year for someone to break out.
The criteria of "he's the only member of the team who's consistently scored 20 or more goals for the last four years in a row".

Could Atkinson - or one of Dubinsky, or Anisimov, or even Foligno - overtake him this year? Certainly. That's not aiming high. His status as the best isn't exactly by some kind of impossible margin; it's based on consistent results rather than existing talent. But that does mean he has the most PROVEN ability to consistently score goals of anyone on the team. Whether y'all like it or not.

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Atkinson was picked by Yahoo sports to win the Calder. Maybe they see a lot of goals coming from him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8612--nhl.html
I'm still not entirely sure if that was meant to be sarcastic on Lambert's part or not.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:54 AM
  #249
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
Yahoo sports also had Igor Grigorenko as a kid who could potentially score 50 goals as a rookie with the Red Wings since he could play with Dats and Z...
Yes, damn him for getting in a car accident that ended his career.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:57 AM
  #250
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
The criteria of "he's the only member of the team who's consistently scored 20 or more goals for the last four years in a row".

Could Atkinson - or one of Dubinsky, or Anisimov, or even Foligno - overtake him this year? Certainly. That's not aiming high. His status as the best isn't exactly by some kind of impossible margin; it's based on consistent results rather than existing talent. But that does mean he has the most PROVEN ability to consistently score goals of anyone on the team. Whether y'all like it or not.

* * *
If you're using 4 years running as your criteria, you're omitting alot of forwards..including Anisimov, Atkinson, and Brassard (only played 30 games in 08-09), and others who haven't seen consistent top 6 minutes (Dubinsky, Foligno).

Scoring by committee will likely be the M.O. for this team. I won't argue that RJ isn't a consistent B level scorer, but I wouldn't call him our best scorer.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.