HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Regular Season Lineups

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 09:20 PM
  #501
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Lots of Comeau hate but I would put him in the top 9 so Glencross and Stempniak can play together to even out the scoring lines:

Comeau-Tanguay-Iginla
Hudler-Stajan-Cervenka
Glencross-Jones-Stempniak
Begin-Street-Jackman

The way I see it is no way anyone on the above 4th line should see top 9 minutes, Street because it's his first game and Jackman and Begin only being 4th liners.

So that leaves Comeau. At least he can take the puck deep into the zone and get it moving out of his own end with his speed.
No way we put Comeau on the first line, he hasn't done anything remotely close to be getting those kind of minutes. Glencross deserves the spot if Cammalleri is not in. I agree that Street should get the 4th line and Jones move up but Comeau's gota stay on the 3rd line at best. I don't understand why they didn't call up Horak, I understand Street been doing great but I think Horak fits into the top9 better then Street would.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
  #502
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Lots of Comeau hate but I would put him in the top 9 so Glencross and Stempniak can play together to even out the scoring lines:

Comeau-Tanguay-Iginla
Hudler-Stajan-Cervenka
Glencross-Jones-Stempniak
Begin-Street-Jackman

The way I see it is no way anyone on the above 4th line should see top 9 minutes, Street because it's his first game and Jackman and Begin only being 4th liners.

So that leaves Comeau. At least he can take the puck deep into the zone and get it moving out of his own end with his speed.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:40 AM
  #503
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 50
Interesting to see Stajan moved off the Czech line in favour of Street. If Cammalleri's back by Monday and Baertschi's back by the end of next week, the injuries factor might be mitigated a bit.

Quote:
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg

#Flames lines today: Glencross-Tanguay- Iginla; Hudler-Street-Cervenka; Comeau-Stajan-Stempniak; Begin-Jones-Jackman via Peter Maher
Quote:
Vicki Hall ‏@vickihallch

Michael Cammalleri could be back as early as monday. #Flames
Quote:
Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson

Need some good news #Flames fans? LW Sven Baertschi (hip flexor) was scheduled to skate today in Calgary.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
  #504
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,157
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Interesting to see Stajan moved off the Czech line in favour of Street. If Cammalleri's back by Monday and Baertschi's back by the end of next week, the injuries factor might be mitigated a bit.
Stajan with Stempniak gives the opportunity for 3 lines that can score, that's what I think that Hartley is thinking.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
  #505
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Cammy will be back tomorrow, I would like to see us try

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Hudler - Cervenka - Cammy
Glencross - Jones - Stempniak
Byron - Begin - Jackman

But Hartley is running with
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan - Iginla
Sven/Byron - Cammy - Stempniak

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
  #506
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Cammy will be back tomorrow, I would like to see us try

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Hudler - Cervenka - Cammy
Glencross - Jones - Stempniak
Byron - Begin - Jackman

But Hartley is running with
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan - Iginla
Sven/Byron - Cammy - Stempniak
Tanguay with Hudler and Cervenka...for some reason I think that line is going to be really good.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  #507
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Tanguay with Hudler and Cervenka...for some reason I think that line is going to be really good.
All 3 are crafty players and, Glencross and Iginla are big bodies with hard shots playing with Stajan who likes to pass the puck could be a good line as well.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:52 PM
  #508
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Cammy will be back tomorrow, I would like to see us try

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Hudler - Cervenka - Cammy
Glencross - Jones - Stempniak
Byron - Begin - Jackman

But Hartley is running with
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan - Iginla
Sven/Byron - Cammy - Stempniak
I really like these lines! All three lines have scoring ability!

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:23 PM
  #509
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,787
vCash: 291
I want to see

Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Jones - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Bärtschi - Backlund - Horak

No idea what I was supposed to do with Jones. But look at that depth.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:26 PM
  #510
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
I want to see

Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Jones - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Bärtschi - Backlund - Horak

No idea what I was supposed to do with Jones. But look at that depth.
Gross

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
  #511
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,787
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Gross
I had no idea what to do with him! I remember him having some time with Glenny and Iggy last game, so why not?

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:31 PM
  #512
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
I had no idea what to do with him! I remember him having some time with Glenny and Iggy last game, so why not?
I know just sounds terrible to say that last year our top 2 centers were a winger and a 4th line center.

Honeslty I would like to see what Horak can do with Iggy, I still think putting Cammy and Stajan with Iggy would work well but clearly Hartley likes having the 2 big bodies of Iggy and Glencross together.

But I have to admit spreading Tanguay,Iginla,Cammy over 3 lines means that ever game 1 of them gets a really weak defensive line to play against.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:50 PM
  #513
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,787
vCash: 291
Yeah, well, I rather have Lance Bouma. But again I have no idea what to do with him.


Also that fourth line (which is probably a second or third line in terms of talent/ability in my opinion) deserves waaaaay more than the 5 minutes of ice time our fourth liners see.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
  #514
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Yeah, well, I rather have Lance Bouma. But again I have no idea what to do with him.


Also that fourth line (which is probably a second or third line in terms of talent/ability in my opinion) deserves waaaaay more than the 5 minutes of ice time our fourth liners see.
I don't think it would work in a Hartley system but it is an interesting idea.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:32 PM
  #515
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
I want to see

Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Jones - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Bärtschi - Backlund - Horak

No idea what I was supposed to do with Jones. But look at that depth.
I actually like that a lot. Its too bad Hartely only plays 3 lines.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.