HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is your starting line up opening night?

Old
01-06-2013, 03:11 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
Is there a CHANCE that Hamilton gets left in Junior so we don't burn a year of his contract and his term on a half season or does he get the 8-9 game deal (don't know the exact length) and if he fits in he stays regardless.

DAMN IS IT NICE TO BE TALKING ABOUT LINES AND COMBOS AGAIN!!!

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:12 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Here's some food for thought-

How about Wade Redden? In all likelihood, he's getting a buyout. His best years came while he was playing with Chara, and I take a veteran NHL defenseman who was, once upon a time, chosen over Chara over Krug/Johnson.
I'd take a gamble @ <800k

finchster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm Scream View Post
Yeah, true. Crazy how much he's grown. I LOVE THAT I AM NOW DISCUSSING LINE COMBOS FOR A TEAM THAT WILL BE PLAYING GAMES WITHIN TWO WEEKS!
Me too!

That's why you put the rookies w/ Z. It allows you to give them a chance without compromising the line. Plus Z makes everyone better

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Is there a CHANCE that Hamilton gets left in Junior so we don't burn a year of his contract and his term on a half season or does he get the 8-9 game deal (don't know the exact length) and if he fits in he stays regardless.

DAMN IS IT NICE TO BE TALKING ABOUT LINES AND COMBOS AGAIN!!!
Both Bob Mackenzie and Kirk agree that Hamilton will start the season with the Bruins. There will be a deadline where the Bruins have to return him to juniors but I don't think anyone knows how many games that will be yet.. or if Hamilton will be returned. That probably depends entirely on his acclimation.

But could also see him stay up a la Seguin since Hamilton can't exactly learn much else in Junior at this stage.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Here's some food for thought-

How about Wade Redden? In all likelihood, he's getting a buyout. His best years came while he was playing with Chara, and I take a veteran NHL defenseman who was, once upon a time, chosen over Chara over Krug/Johnson.
I don't know if Redden gets the buyout this year. I think the two "free buy outs" are in this upcoming offseason. I think the Rangers bury him in the minors again and buy him out in the offseason.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I'm going to preorder my championship tshirt.
At least you'll match with the children of Uganda

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:42 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Lucic. DK. Horton
Marchand. Bergeron. Seguin
Bourque. Kelly. Pervs
paille. Campbell. Thornton

Chara. Boychuk
seidenberg. Johnson
ference. Hamilton

Rask. Thomas.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:42 PM
MVP36

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Bourque-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference-Johnson

Rask
Khudobin

BTW, when McQuaid does come back...does he go with Seidenberg on the 2nd pair, or with Ference on the 3rd?
Can't help but think it's best for Hamilton to get 2nd pair minutes and have the benefit of playing with Seidenberg...thoughts?

MVP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:20 PM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I don't know if Redden gets the buyout this year. I think the two "free buy outs" are in this upcoming offseason. I think the Rangers bury him in the minors again and buy him out in the offseason.
Chiarelli was in Ottawa when all the Redden crap was going on, he won't go anywhere near him, trust me. For those people advocating Redden, check out some recent film on the guy, he is terrible, very slow, physically weak, low compete level, weak shot, etc. We have a number of prospects who I would take ahead of Redden, at least most of them can skate and compete hard.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMVP77 View Post
BTW, when McQuaid does come back...does he go with Seidenberg on the 2nd pair, or with Ference on the 3rd?
Can't help but think it's best for Hamilton to get 2nd pair minutes and have the benefit of playing with Seidenberg...thoughts?
I think most people would agree that Hamilton should be paired with one of the top guys to start. If he really struggles, Ference should move up. McQuaid is a viable option on the third pairing but nothing more. Ference can actually legitimately fill in in a top 4 role; I don't think McQuaid can be relied on much for that.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
maahchand10

This is probably a little ot, but the one silver lining to the lockout was I got to watch a decent amount of Jr hockey on NHL network. I saw quite a bit of Seth Griffith was pretty surprised and liked what I saw. I know he was a 5th round pick. Anyone think he will get a shot here probably a 3rd liner in the next few years? I think he's like 20?

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
jmeehan1985

Don't you guys think with a possible 50 game season that it will actually help out Hamilton more because it isn't as many games. I think they keep him up all year and the Bruins will use him a lot more then people think. I bet he shines in Boston this year with rookie of the year votes.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Don't you guys think with a possible 50 game season that it will actually help out Hamilton more because it isn't as many games. I think they keep him up all year and the Bruins will use him a lot more then people think. I bet he shines in Boston this year with rookie of the year votes.
I think he has a good chance because the rookies this year will have 30 less games to make thier point totals seem really good ie 60 points in 82 games looks better than 31 points, and if Dougie adds 10-15 points he could be a lock.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Less games means each game is more important. I think they'll be much less likely to give him good opportunities than in a longer season.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
I think a compressed schedule hurts his ice time and growth.
I think he would be better off with more practice time and adjustment to pro game.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Spooner st

aaronward_nhl: Told NHLPA plan is to get CBA deal in summary form into the hands of the membership in the next 24 hrs. #TSN

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
I would think Aaron Johnson has a role somewhere. Maybe not as a starting top-6 defenseman, but he's probably a more likely candidate for the 7th spot than Krug.

Many posters seem to have forgotten that the Bruins brought Aaron Johnson in as a veteran defenseman. I imagine he will be in the top 6 with McQuaid not ready to play.

Here is Johnson's roster profile: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8469534

Chara - Boychuk
Johnson - Seidenberg
Ference - Hamilton

Candidates for the #7 spot (or top 6 if Hamilton isn't ready) include:

Exelby
Bartkowski/Miller
Krug/Warsofsky

Last edited by Alan Ryan: 01-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

What is McQuaid's timeline again?

Also I hope this opens a bigger door for Dougie. If he can take on some of McQuaid's defensive responsibilities (PK and such) I think that this will go a long way to moulding Dougie into the all-around d-man that we all want him to become.

Also, anyone else thinking that Khudobin might impress out of the gate allowing CJ to go with more of a 50/50 split between him and Rask ala St. Louis last year.

Last edited by 774EVER: 01-06-2013 at 09:20 PM.
774EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:01 PM
DoubleAAAA

Only Q's really are that ever elusive 3LW and 6/7 D. With Hamilton likely to stick, Johnson will be the other guy around ... can't see Krug sticking unless McQuaid is out for longer than expected. If they do need another body on the back end Krug/Bartkowski seem the most likely candidates but I'd wager when all healthy neither are on the big team.

Bourque and Tardif probably both have legit shots at that 3LW spot with Sauve being a bit of a darkhorse. I assume Caron is a roster lock when he's healthy whether he gets the spot or is a 13th forward. I doubt any of the other kids (Knight, Spooner, etc) make the cut.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
northeastern

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Looch-Krejci-Horton
Kelly-Peverley-Bourque
Paille-Campbell- Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenburg- Hamilton
Ference- McQuaid
Krug

or this

Chara- Hamilton
Seidenburg - Krug
Ference- Boychuk

Last I read was Horton would be good to go. Does anyone have an official word on quaider?

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
BruinsFanMike82

With McQuaid injured, Hamilton still a question-mark and taking into account Chiarelli's history of acquiring defensive depth - does anyone think the Bruins might sign a veteran UFA like Kent Huskins or Kurtis Foster? I assume that either one of them would sign a one-year low $ contract.

I haven't seen much of Johnson, do you think he will fulfill the #7 D spot adequately?

Forgive me if this is way off-base, I haven't used the NHL hockey part of my brain in quite some time.

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:40 PM
brom7
FIRE IT UP!!

Lucic Krejci Horton
Seguin Bergeron Marchand
Peverly Kelley Bourque
Thorton Campbell Paille

Chara Hamilton
Seidenberg Boychuk
Ference Johnson

Aaron Johnson makes the opening night roster over Torey Krug and until Darth Quaider is ready for his return. Hamilton gets thrown right into the mix and paired with Chara. If that doesn't work out, put Seidenberg up with Chara and Hamilton with Boychuk. Growing pains are expected and I think Chara can help with that the most.

Chris Bourque one of our leading scorers in Providence so I don't see why he shouldn't atleast get another shot, regardless of his past.

Great lineup, hopefully we can make it work with the new second year cap. Feedback always accepted. GO BRUINS!!

brom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

Hamilton-Boychuk would be similar to Wideman-Hunwick at the moment.

I love Boychuk...but hes not a good decision maker...and Hamilton is obviously so raw.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Montecristo

When the B's had kaberle and corvo, during the regular season it was seidenberg burdened with the responsibility of baby sitting their limited defensive abilities. I would expect Hamilton to follow the same road and be paired with seids

Montecristo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
deliciouspie
the best post

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
if the bruins are dressing on the third line, the following applies:

1) the bruins are in for a rough season, because that's a black hole line, and the whole reason the bruins offense works is because they effectively roll two mediocre first lines and a second line, not two mediocre firsts and a crap third
2) i am going to post nothing but swedish chef memes for the remainder of gdts

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote