HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Old
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Sabres fan here in peace.

Sabres need a guy that can play 3rd/4th line minutes and play the PK.

Got anyone spare that can do that? I would think that if you did, they'd be the first on Regier's radar.
We have several guys who can fill that role for you. Character/grit/grinders we got plenty of but you guys should be able to fill your needs via waiver this year. My guess is that DR will look there first.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:

Got anyone spare that can do that? I would think that if you did, they'd be the first on Regier's radar.
Brad Richardson would be a good fit there. Certainly doesn't help the Sabres get any bigger though, and I think that is something they are trying to do (not overly familiar with Sabres' roster).

Don't see why the Kings would target Leopold though, unless Mitchell's injury is alot more severe than is being let on...

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
We have several guys who can fill that role for you. Character/grit/grinders we got plenty of but you guys should be able to fill your needs via waiver this year. My guess is that DR will look there first.
I think he'll only look there if we can't unload one of our Dmen.

We're LOADED with NHL-caliber guys, and a number we can't send back to the AHL unless we waive them (Brennan, Weber, Pardy are the most likely ones).

So my guess is that Darcy will look to deal one to a team that is looking for one. And if you guys have grit/PK to spare.....that's gonna pique his interest. Big.

But in reading some of your board threads, you guys seem more interested in a stay-at-home type. Leo isn't that. Weber would be our "spare" NHL guy that would be more stay-at-home, and he'd come cheap.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
KingLB

Quote:

Outside of the Eklund words (Kings don't need another player of Leo's mold).

The Kings have Fraser and Lewis who play on the 3rd/4th line and each PK as well as play center/wing. That said I doubt either is moved unless Clifford/King/Nolan all assert themselves real well at the beginning of the year. (And/Or Richardson)

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM
damacles1156

Richardson would be a candidate for trade. Or waiver or buyout.

Richardson is rather expensive for a depth player that has not scored over 30 points in a NHL season .

He is also on the small side, and a defensive liability.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:

How about Stewart?

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
How about Stewart?
That's just mean.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:04 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

I will be at the practice tomorrow. I hope we "sell out" the arena just like we did the rally and make St. Louis' ovation look like a mouse lost in a church. These guys deserve it.

Only the lower bowl is open I believe, so should be around same amount of people. Winnipeg had about 5k as well.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Only the lower bowl is open I believe, so should be around same amount of people. Winnipeg had about 5k as well.
Nah, I downloaded tickets for my STH seats, up in section 318.

But I also got some for the lower bowl as well tonight.

01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Honestly I wouldn't do it, but I could see Clifford for Leopold +.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Leo W

vCash: 50
Kings fan from Buffalo who knows both teams well.. I'm not sure how valuable the Kings fans see Jordan Nolan (he's a 4th liner, how valuable can he be?) and I can't really put a tag on him myself because we've only had limited samples.. But he grew up close to the Buffalo area and his Dad coached there.. I'm can't imagine what the Kings would want back but he has size and knows his role.

Leo W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Kings fan from Buffalo who knows both teams well.. I'm not sure how valuable the Kings fans see Jordan Nolan (he's a 4th liner, how valuable can he be?) and I can't really put a tag on him myself because we've only had limited samples.. But he grew up close to the Buffalo area and his Dad coached there.. I'm can't imagine what the Kings would want back but he has size and knows his role.
No. **** that. Nolan goes nowhere. He's so god damn perfect for our 4th line it's not even funny.

As others have said, take Richie. I wouldn't even be too opposed to trading Lewis although he's not a guy I'd shop around.

cnshockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
I think he'll only look there if we can't unload one of our Dmen.

We're LOADED with NHL-caliber guys, and a number we can't send back to the AHL unless we waive them (Brennan, Weber, Pardy are the most likely ones).

So my guess is that Darcy will look to deal one to a team that is looking for one. And if you guys have grit/PK to spare.....that's gonna pique his interest. Big.

But in reading some of your board threads, you guys seem more interested in a stay-at-home type. Leo isn't that. Weber would be our "spare" NHL guy that would be more stay-at-home, and he'd come cheap.
Question is would Weber be an upgrade over either Bodnarchuk, Muzzin, Drewiske which appear to be the three that are fighting to fill in for Mitchell? Keep in mind I know next to nothing about the Sabres' prospects outside of Enroth, so forgive me if it's a dumb question.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Not sure Nolan would pique the Sabres interest. He has grit sure, but right now he's far from being a PK guy. I'd say better chance of offering Lewis or Richardson and see where that gets you. Also Nolan is the perfect replacement for Clifford should something happen so I think the Kings would hang onto him and offer Clifford first.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
The Judge

Tyler Toffoli, Muzzion...

Are Toffoli and Muzzin in training camp? Because I looked at the current Monarch Rosters and they are X'd in red.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:49 PM
The Big Giant Head

Just saw on LAkings.com (forgive me if its already been mentioned) but tonight's open practice will be televised on FOX sports west at 7pm....i dont think this has ever been done before...awesome!

Quote:
OS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Kings, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions, will host an Open Practice at STAPLES Center on Monday night as part of the club’s training camp. The practice is slated to begin at 7 p.m.

Entry into STAPLES Center will be free. The general public will be able to download complimentary tickets at www.ticketmaster.com/lakings starting on Sunday at 6 p.m. Kings Season Ticket Members will have a special ‘pre-sale’ – this information will be communicated to them directly in advance.

Additionally, the event, “Kings Live: Open Practice,” will be televised live on FOX Sports West with Bob Miller, Jim Fox and Patrick O’Neal describing the action. FOX Sports West will re-air the event on Tuesday at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., then again on Wednesday at 1 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Media intending to cover this event should RSVP to the Kings Communications Department by 2 p.m. on Monday.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Are Toffoli and Muzzin in training camp? Because I looked at the current Monarch Rosters and they are X'd in red.
Yes. Andrew Bodnarchuk is as well.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:08 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Yes. Andrew Bodnarchuk is as well.
That is awesome! Thanks a bunch

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Not sure Nolan would pique the Sabres interest. He has grit sure, but right now he's far from being a PK guy. I'd say better chance of offering Lewis or Richardson and see where that gets you. Also Nolan is the perfect replacement for Clifford should something happen so I think the Kings would hang onto him and offer Clifford first.
Not sure I would even contemplate trading Lewis at this point. That guy has more bang for the buck than anyone during the Playoffs. I think Richardson will be the odd man out if a smallish trade is made.

It's uncanny how the Kings have appropriate and close to ideal players for every position and role right now. Never thought I would see the day.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:48 PM
The Big Giant Head

Update: Kings open practice tonight "sold" out! I got 3 tickets earlier today for my family and I, really pumped to see the turn out and see our boys back on the ice!

Old
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Update: Kings open practice tonight "sold" out! I got 3 tickets earlier today for my family and I, really pumped to see the turn out and see our boys back on the ice!
They sold the lower bowl only as they moved my nose-bleeds closer to the ice. Of course its at the end-rink...but I got other seats much closer to the red line.

I am not that familiar with how many seats that would actually be...does anyone know what this "sell out" constitutes? Maybe 10,000?

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:53 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
They sold the lower bowl only as they moved my nose-bleeds closer to the ice. Of course its at the end-rink...but I got other seats much closer to the red line.

I am not that familiar with how many seats that would actually be...does anyone know what this "sell out" constitutes? Maybe 10,000?
8k-10k.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:05 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:

i figured it would be lower bowl only but what do you mean end rink?

Old
01-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Theo Peckham can be had for cheap from Edmonton now that they got Fistric. Would be a solid #6-7 DMan until Mitchell gets back, oh, he hits and fights a lot too...

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Theo Peckham can be had for cheap from Edmonton now that they got Fistric. Would be a solid #6-7 DMan until Mitchell gets back, oh, he hits and fights a lot too...
Nah. If we needed a hard hitting/fighting bonehead, we'd keep Bodnarchuk up.

cnshockey is online now   Reply With Quote