HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Training Camp: Day 2 Over

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM
RobertKron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Weise has the potential to be a very solid third liner in the future who can drop the gloves. However, Weise is never going to deter players from taking liberties on our players.
I can't really think of anyone in the system other than Kassian and Mallet that would.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:32 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Weise has the potential to be a very solid third liner in the future who can drop the gloves. However, Weise is never going to deter players from taking liberties on our players.
So sign more players that can deter players on their own.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:39 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
So sign more players that can deter players on their own.
Whats easier? Finding multiple top 9 talent who can play the game and deter players on their own? Or 1 good 4th liner who can help deter while not sucking?

Old
01-07-2013, 02:42 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Whats easier? Finding multiple top 9 talent who can play the game and deter players on their own? Or 1 good 4th liner who can help deter while not sucking?
I just don't agree that those players deter anything.

Need it throughout the lineup.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 50
AV also spoke highly of Schroeder after last year's camp; I think he may get a longer/more fair look for the spot than some here are anticipating. IMO, the second line center spot is his to lose at this stage. Huge opportunity for him.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Crows*

I think we're gonna see Higgins at centre.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:00 AM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
If both Kassasin and Schroeder that would be nice! I still think Schroeder will be better as a winger than center due to size and Kassasin would be better as a center because of size to match against opponent center

Schroeder is probably the top contender follow by Higgins, maybe MG and AV will have Kassasin convert to center as it is possible since Linden has done it too

Old
01-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
If both Kassasin and Schroeder that would be nice! I still think Schroeder will be better as a winger than center due to size and Kassasin would be better as a center because of size to match against opponent center

Schroeder is probably the top contender follow by Higgins, maybe MG and AV will have Kassasin convert to center as it is possible since Linden has done it too
Doesn't work that way.

If forwards can switch positions this easily, Hodgson would've stuck around and play on Kesler's wing.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:09 AM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
I think we're gonna see Higgins at centre.
Would make sense, but I still think they'll give Schroeder a chance before they move Higgins to center.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Old
01-07-2013, 03:16 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post

Kassian is just better off on the wing. Powerforwards usually have troubles with being consistent, which Kassian does struggle with, and yet you want him to learn a new position in the NHL of all places? Being a center has more responsibilities than just taking faceoffs.

Last edited by PG Canuck: 01-07-2013 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old
01-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Spectrefire

I don't understand why everyone is giving Schroeder so much ****. He's been having a great season on the Wolves so far after a slow start.

He's got 16pts in his last 21gp.

Not bad at all considering he's playing on a low-scoring team with awful linemates.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:20 AM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Kassian is just better off on the wing. Powerforwards usually have troubles with being consistent, which Kassian does struggle with, and yet you ant him to learn a new position in the NHL of all places? Being a center has more responsibilities than just taking faceoffs.
You are probably right........worse case scenario mostly likely..........only Higgins/Schroeder are the only choices for number 2 center

Old
01-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
I don't understand why everyone is giving Schroeder so much ****. He's been having a great season on the Wolves so far after a slow start.

Not bad at all considering he's playing on a low-scoring team with awful linemates.
Yeah, his recent play has really given me back a bit of faith in him that this could work out.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post

That's because most of the posters trashing him are the posters who has not actually watched him play. Where were these posters during the lockout? Sure as hell not actually watching him play before making a judgement or even on the Wolves thread to read the impressions of those who did.

Those that has seen him play at worst believes he deserves a shot, he has shown flashes of great vision and a great shot. He seems to be the type that will elevate his production with better line mates, I for one am excited to see how he looks with good line mates.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:07 AM
Pseudonymous*

Saying Schroeder can't be a number 2-3 C on a cup contender, reigning presidents champs isn't saying hes trash. Jesus

He'll get some looks to see if he can stick for a while but the likeliness isn't that high. Guy hasn't even played an nhl game, who sticks in the league that quickly anyway?

If youre going to be the one pumping a prospects tires, go ahead but when people say they dont want some undersized rookie who has yet to step foot in the nhl be our #2-3 center for an extended period of time, dont be patronizing

Ive watched him a ton and i dont think he is who i'd want in that spot, i'd like him to be called up and given opportunities to play when players go down. So it appears your theory about not having watched him is false

Last edited by Pseudonymous*: 01-07-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Verviticus

Quote:
is never going to deter players from taking liberties on our players.
this is a fantasy. no players exist that do this to nhl calibre players

Old
01-07-2013, 04:24 AM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Saying Schroeder can't be a number 2-3 C on a cup contender, reigning presidents champs isn't saying hes trash. Jesus

He'll get some looks to see if he can stick for a while but the likeliness isn't that high. Guy hasn't even played an nhl game, who sticks in the league that quickly anyway?

If youre going to be the one pumping a prospects tires, go ahead but when people say they dont want some undersized rookie who has yet to step foot in the nhl be our #2-3 center for an extended period of time, dont be patronizing

Ive watched him a ton and i dont think he is who i'd want in that spot, i'd like him to be called up and given opportunities to play when players go down. So it appears your theory about not having watched him is false
I'm not saying to hand him the keys, and just leave him there. I'm just calling out the people who won't even give him a sniff because of his stats on paper and his size. He has paid his dues and deserves a look at the very least; a training camp where he actually sees some play with second line players, and maybe one or two games if he shows well in camp is all I'm asking for. I'm just sick and tired of people dismissing him before he's even had a chance, I'm not particularly a JS fan either, just thought he was getting too much s*** for no reason.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:28 AM
Pseudonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callhee View Post
I'm not saying to hand him the keys, and just leave him there. I'm just calling out the people who won't even give him a sniff because of his stats on paper and his size. He has paid his dues and deserves a look at the very least; a training camp where he actually sees some play with second line players, and maybe one or two games if he shows well in camp is all I'm asking for. I'm just sick and tired of people dismissing him before he's even had a chance, I'm not particularly a JS fan either, just thought he was getting too much s*** for no reason.
Ah kk

But if we do go with him out of camp, that may make us miss the boat on somebody who is more likely to stick. Later in the season allows us to not miss the boat on those early season players looking to get in on camps and trying to earn a contract

Guys like Hecht, Arnott, not saying those are the players, but im mentioning players that could possibly be attainable for cheap and more than likely to stick in the nhl

Do you really want to say no to these players, watch them all go somewhere else just so you can see schroeder get a chance earlier in the season, rather than later?

I think he'd need to REALLY outshine these players to even get a chance.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Tiranis

Did you see Hodgson play in the AHL? I'm going to assume not because otherwise you wouldn't be saying what you are. Schroeder is quite far ahead of where Hodgson was when he first made the NHL. Should we have left Hodgson to rot in the AHL? Calling for players like Hecht and Arnott ahead of Schroeder is just laughable. Signing either of those two would trump the disaster that was the Sturm signing last season.

Last edited by Tiranis: 01-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 05:09 AM
Bougieman

vCash: 200
Quote:
People do this EVERY SINGLE off season. They assume whomever our best prospect is will make the team right out of training camp, and stick with the team all year on a line that gets lots of minutes.

People, get real. Unless you're talking about Bure or Linden, it's not happening. When does it ever play out like that? And yet every year everyone is predicting the lines in the same manner.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Pseudonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Did you see Hodgson play in the AHL? I'm going to assume not because otherwise you wouldn't be saying what you are. Schroeder is quite far ahead of where Hodgson was when he first made the NHL. Calling for players like Hecht and Arnott ahead of Schroeder is just laughable.
I dont even know why hodgson is being brought up. You do realize they felt more comfortable going into the playoffs with an experienced player before hodgson, hence why they were able to do the trade at the time they did.

Same way they would probably prefer to go in with a veteran over a first year rookie this year in schroeder

Yes Schroeder is the best, the idea of arnott who is a vet in the nhl and a recent 17 goal scorer in limited minutes (14 a game) is laughable

Youre such a schroeder homer. lol

I can't wait until the coach brings in a third line C and doesn't end up rolling with schroeder for an extended period of time, and instead, gets the odd call up for experience. because thats that will most likely happen. Im glad the GM wont agree with you

Last edited by Pseudonymous*: 01-07-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 View Post
No chance at this point, but this season has definitely opened some doors for him in the future. Nice to see us developing some solid bottom-6 forwards, it always seems like so few of ours are homegrown. Archibald and Mallet could be 2/3rds of a pretty scary 4th line one day.
When I said I was hoping archibald got a spot i should have clarified as 4th liner, but maybe it is to early to try him on the 4th. I would just prefer we give younger players with higher upside a chance on the 4th or as depth player rather then steady players like ebett who will likely be ahl players for life but with limited upside. But i know theirs difference of opinion regarding this.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-07-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Pseudonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougieman View Post
People do this EVERY SINGLE off season. They assume whomever our best prospect is will make the team right out of training camp, and stick with the team all year on a line that gets lots of minutes.

People, get real. Unless you're talking about Bure or Linden, it's not happening. When does it ever play out like that? And yet every year everyone is predicting the lines in the same manner.
Its entertaining, the same guys talk about our prospects like y2k talks about luongo.

While they are right alot of the time because they are indeed good players, they take it way too far.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
I dont even know why hodgson is being brought up. You do realize they felt more comfortable going into the playoffs with an experienced player before hodgson, hence why they were able to do the trade at the time they did.

Same way they would probably prefer to go in with a veteran over a first year rookie this year in schroeder

Yes Schroeder is the best, the idea of arnott who is a vet in the nhl and a recent 17 goal scorer in limited minutes (14 a game) is laughable

Youre such a schroeder homer. lol

I can't wait until the coach brings in a third line C and doesn't end up rolling with schroeder for an extended period of time, and instead, gets the odd call up for experience. because thats that will most likely happen. Im glad the GM wont agree with you
Does that mean we can call you a schroeder hater?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Pseudonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Does that mean we can call you a schroeder hater?
That wouldn't make sense because i believe hes a good player. A player capable of making the nhl.

The guy called it laughable when I suggested an nhl vet who recently had a 17 goal season is a better bet than a small rookie who has yet to step foot in the nhl. LAUGHABLE

yes calling him a homer makes me a hater.

Though i guess I can understand why it may look like it, because im constantly tempering absurd expectations/evaluations.

Closed Thread