HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting article

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2005, 05:08 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Interesting article

http://www.nypost.com/sports/41410.htm

I dont know how many of you read the post but L.Brooks article was pretty interesting. I know many of you are not to high on Brooks and his articles but this one is a good read, and the whole comment about Steve Moore not being a useful player or what ever is interesting.

Though some of you might say this dont belong on the NYR page, why njot it came from the NY POST, and maybe just good for discussion.

Old
02-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Fletch

Yeah...

take off the helmets...that's what people need to see...stitches, scars, missing teeth...that'll get people to the door.

Interesting on Brooks' perspective. He's right. Role players are good enough to play in the NHL. They assume a role. The game's 60 minutes and everybody has his own role. Maybe you need a change of pace, a fight, a big hit, whatever. It can't all be offense, offense, offense...

Old
02-27-2005, 05:23 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

What Im curious to see is how Vancouver players that play on 3rd and 4th lines will react to his comment about not being good enough to get ice time. In my opinion that is a insult to all role players in the entire NHL, let alone any level of play.

And I also i dont think Moore is being greedy as Naslund says. The guys hockey career may be over I could imagine how devistated he must be he has every right to sue and I hope he wins big time, its disgusting for Bertuzzi to be so malicious and go to hurt someone intentinally. I hope he loses every penny he has.

Also Naslund is saying Moore is being greedy he is just upset that he got laid out . You could see his maturity level and what kind of captain he is. I completly lose respect for Naslund as i already have for Bertuzzi but thats on a whole other level.What bertuzzi did was wrong and it seems Naslund is still mad about the hit that in all honesty he is being a complete ****** to as what Bertuzzi did was 100% wrong.

Old
02-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Fletch

Agree 100%...

I think Naslund's just one of those immature guys who's afraid to be put on the stand. Perhaps there was something said to the extent of let's get Moore back in this game, and he's pooping in his pants as now he's going to possibly have to lie...but he may not really be able to since one person may crack to bring 'em all down.

And Moore is looking for a payday. His career may be over. He's 26 years old, going on 27. He probably made about $500K last season. He played in 57 NHL games with a good club (as Brooks pointed out) and he seemed to be fitting in pretty well. Perhaps he could improve too whereby he could have a 10-year career. That could be over. The kid wants to be compensated for that loss of income, as well as for the discomfort he's been experiencing since then.

Good point in regards to his own teammates...I'm sure they'll understand though, as I'm sure they know him well. I wouldn't be too happy, though.

The kid looks a lot like his brother, doesn't he?

Old
02-27-2005, 07:03 PM
DARKSIDE

Foolish comment, looked very petty and classless making it. Maybe the next time Naslund feels he gets a cheap-shot, he should handle it himself.

Old
02-28-2005, 01:12 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I think Naslund's just one of those immature guys who's afraid to be put on the stand. Perhaps there was something said to the extent of let's get Moore back in this game, and he's pooping in his pants as now he's going to possibly have to lie...but he may not really be able to since one person may crack to bring 'em all down.

And Moore is looking for a payday. His career may be over. He's 26 years old, going on 27. He probably made about $500K last season. He played in 57 NHL games with a good club (as Brooks pointed out) and he seemed to be fitting in pretty well. Perhaps he could improve too whereby he could have a 10-year career. That could be over. The kid wants to be compensated for that loss of income, as well as for the discomfort he's been experiencing since then.

Good point in regards to his own teammates...I'm sure they'll understand though, as I'm sure they know him well. I wouldn't be too happy, though.

The kid looks a lot like his brother, doesn't he?
I am seriousley hoping one does try to lie and some one does blow there spot up that would be classic. And about Moore what you said in the second paragraph I absolutley agree with if he is unable to play should be compensated for a careers worth cha-ching $$$$. the funny thing is that some one on the Vancouver board stated that If Moore was a real man and if this had happened to naslund he should train and play not sue anyone and prove his man hood by playing. But if the guy has permanant spinal injury the sport of hockey ios not the place to come back and take a chance on.

yes he is a spitting image i was watching the interview on sat with dominc Moore and they look like twins, but you could stilll tell D.Moore is the baby bro.

Also Fletch if you remember the discussion about this years contract weather these guys will be UFA's or not imparticular poti, weekes and Dunham. Well you were right contracts go by the year like you said. I thought it was by seasons played , well i guess i was wrong.

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 02-28-2005 at 02:19 AM.
Closed Thread