HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
01-11-2013, 03:54 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
I like Gardner but he's not the type of defenseman the Avs need, especially if O'Reilly is going the other way. We need a top four guy who is responsible defensively and can play with EJ.

Also, a player who suffered a concussion and is still dealing with symptoms definitely isn't what we need. Been through that with Mueller and still going through that with Hishon.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
CraniumCram
Beasts of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I like Gardner but he's not the type of defenseman the Avs need, especially if O'Reilly is going the other way. We need a top four guy who is responsible defensively and can play with EJ.

Also, a player who suffered a concussion and is still dealing with symptoms definitely isn't what we need. Been through that with Mueller and still going through that with Hishon.
As I said, Sekera. He's an all around package. Probably not going to draw a ton of interest on here, but he'd be a good partner for EJ.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
As I said, Sekera. He's an all around package. Probably not going to draw a ton of interest on here, but he'd be a good partner for EJ.
He'd be fine, but as you said. Hes not going to draw a young top 6 center in a trade. As I've seen people talk about tiers of top pairing/ top 4 defenders, guys like Sekera & Paul Martin would be in the 3rd tier for sure. Guys that can play that role but are not exactly young or clear cut No. 1s.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Freudian
Ready for some hokey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Jake Gardiner
Tyler Bozak
2nd Round Pick

For

Ryan O'Reilly
I don't think Vancouver is going to trade away guys they just acquired.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Only way leafs will get O'reilly is if they give us kessel. Actually not too sure if kessel would even get it done.
I would consider a deal revolving around Kessel for O'Rielly (i wont get into the nit picky debates of who would have to add what).

O'Rielly is kinda like a young Datsyk-lite, and personally I love well rounded players. O'Rielly will likely be a Selke winner or at least a nominee at some point.

Here's a great article that breaks down his first three seasons.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:09 AM
CanadienKid25

Eller + #2(Colorado's choice...MTL/NSH/CAL) for Ryan O'Reilly? Eller is on a nice bridge contract and will still be RFA.

CanadienKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:10 AM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
He'd be fine, but as you said. Hes not going to draw a young top 6 center in a trade. As I've seen people talk about tiers of top pairing/ top 4 defenders, guys like Sekera & Paul Martin would be in the 3rd tier for sure. Guys that can play that role but are not exactly young or clear cut No. 1s.
You don't know much about Sekera then. If he's on your bottom pairing you have the deepest defense in the league bar none. Obviously O'Reilly is worth more, but to compare a guy like Sekera whose contract is an absolute steal to a guy like Martin is ridiculous.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:37 AM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Edler + wing prospect for ROR + (preferably NHL ready)defensive prospect.

Just spitballing, though.
O'Reilly isn't even worth Edler's skates.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:45 AM
melly451

ROR for Shattenkirk I highly doubt this would ever happen since he was just kinda traded from Colorado a few years ago, but I'd love to get him back

melly451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:46 AM
hockeyviking

isnt one tread enough

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:57 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

You might want to watch Gardiner a little more. Seriously. It would help open your eyes.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
EL Bandito

Send a message via MSN to EL Bandito
Blues fan here and the one thing offensively that I can see that we could use an upgrade on is at Center and specifically faceoffs. Steen has been doing a good job at C, but he is better suited to be a LW and his FO% so far has been really bad. RoR would be a great fit here and fit Hitchcock's style perfectly.

Ryan O'Reilly
Duncan Siemens

for

Jaden Schwartz
Ian Cole
2014 1st Rounder

Schwartz went to Colorado College and likes the area and has the upside to be a very good offensive player. #8 current prospect on HF. Ian Cole is a good LH dman who is great friends with EJ and I think Colorado would be a good place for him to develop. Definitely still has top 4 upside, likely 2nd pairing 2-way dman, like our own Polak but with better offensive ability. Can step in right now.

If Siemens is a sticking point, maybe if Cole still had to be included because you need dmen now, maybe it could be Schwartz/Cole for O'Reilly and 2013 2nd.

EL Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Only way leafs will get O'reilly is if they give us kessel. Actually not too sure if kessel would even get it done.
Kessel for RoR

Then

Bozak for Duchene

Deal

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:02 PM
beleaf1967

Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak

for

Ryan O Reilly and a 1st

beleaf1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Bandito View Post
Blues fan here and the one thing offensively that I can see that we could use an upgrade on is at Center and specifically faceoffs. Steen has been doing a good job at C, but he is better suited to be a LW and his FO% so far has been really bad. RoR would be a great fit here and fit Hitchcock's style perfectly.

Ryan O'Reilly
Duncan Siemens

for

Jaden Schwartz
Ian Cole
2014 1st Rounder

Schwartz went to Colorado College and likes the area and has the upside to be a very good offensive player. #8 current prospect on HF. Ian Cole is a good LH dman who is great friends with EJ and I think Colorado would be a good place for him to develop. Definitely still has top 4 upside, likely 2nd pairing 2-way dman, like our own Polak but with better offensive ability. Can step in right now.

If Siemens is a sticking point, maybe if Cole still had to be included because you need dmen now, maybe it could be Schwartz/Cole for O'Reilly and 2013 2nd.
Yeah I think Schwartz and Cole for O'Reilly is a legit value trade, close enough that it can be balanced by non-1st round picks if necessary. Don't see the need for Siemens and the 1st to be involved.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienKid25 View Post
Eller + #2(Colorado's choice...MTL/NSH/CAL) for Ryan O'Reilly? Eller is on a nice bridge contract and will still be RFA.
Eller has a below average hockey IQ. He does not know what to do when he has the puck.

O'Reilly would be 1C in Montreal and the habs captain in a near future.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
You don't know much about Sekera then. If he's on your bottom pairing you have the deepest defense in the league bar none. Obviously O'Reilly is worth more, but to compare a guy like Sekera whose contract is an absolute steal to a guy like Martin is ridiculous.
He didn't say that Sekera was a third pairing defenseman, just that he isn't a clear cut top-pairing guy. From my understanding of what he said, he puts Sekera on the third tier below obvious #1, all-situation defensemen in the Chara/Weber/Suter mold and borderline #1 defensemen like a Tobias Enstrom. This would make Sekera a borderline first-pairing defenseman and a very good #3, which I think is fair.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Perry and our first for ROR

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Wtf?

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
If the Avs management were confident they could resign Perry, I think they would do this. Otherwise no.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
What. Where do I sign???????

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Freudian
Ready for some hokey

I would think Perry would be more attracted to Avs as an organization if they keep O'Reilly.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
And you wanted Kessel + 1st for Perry ?

So you think RoR = Kessel + 2 1sts ?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
And you wanted Kessel + 1st for Perry ?

So you think RoR = Kessel + 2 1sts ?
You should pay attention to this guy

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Bandito View Post

Ryan O'Reilly
Duncan Siemens

for

Jaden Schwartz
Ian Cole
2014 1st Rounder

Colorado wouldn't do the fist one. They need a player like Siemens. The second one could possibly work though.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote