HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks - Season Starting Roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 02:50 PM
  #376
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Stalberg will never make Sharp expendable. Ever.
This. I've got high hopes for Stalberg but he'll never even touch Sharp.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
  #377
grolt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Carcillio-Kane-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Kruger-Mayers-Bickell
Where's Frolik? For one, you don't waste a talent like Saad on the third line - he is a top six and deserves those minutes either here or Rockford. Since he has played well in Rockford in his first season so far but has failed to consistently put up points, another year of seasoning there would do him good. No use wasting a year on his ELC with a shortened season on the third line. Plus, Frolik was one of our best players in the playoffs last year (and the playoffs before that, too) so I really think we still owe him this shortened season to see if he can perform with some consistency now in the regular season. He has had some scoring troubles, but he has ALWAYS been a solid defensive forward and has complimented Bolland well on the third line. I consider him an asset in that role, unlike guys like Olesz or Montador who are just dead weight on this team.

With Bolland our secure #3C and centers like Danault, McNeill and Pirri in the pipeline (maybe TT if that's what he settles on) I really think Krueger is in a tough spot on this team. Hawks really do have to look at trading some of our solid young forwards in hopes of a short term fix for either a #2C or an older grittier forward that can score (Doan type).

grolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
  #378
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grolt View Post
Where's Frolik? For one, you don't waste a talent like Saad on the third line - he is a top six and deserves those minutes either here or Rockford. Since he has played well in Rockford in his first season so far but has failed to consistently put up points, another year of seasoning there would do him good. No use wasting a year on his ELC with a shortened season on the third line. Plus, Frolik was one of our best players in the playoffs last year (and the playoffs before that, too) so I really think we still owe him this shortened season to see if he can perform with some consistency now in the regular season. He has had some scoring troubles, but he has ALWAYS been a solid defensive forward and has complimented Bolland well on the third line. I consider him an asset in that role, unlike guys like Olesz or Montador who are just dead weight on this team.

With Bolland our secure #3C and centers like Danault, McNeill and Pirri in the pipeline (maybe TT if that's what he settles on) I really think Krueger is in a tough spot on this team. Hawks really do have to look at trading some of our solid young forwards in hopes of a short term fix for either a #2C or an older grittier forward that can score (Doan type).
Saad has yet to do anything, if he's up he will play anywhere with Q.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
  #379
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
sometimes, some players need the big spotlight. Beach may be a player that can't shine in the AHL but would play better in the NHL. Just look at Buff. This guy was always at his best when the spotlight was on him/this game
Buff was an all-star in the AHL.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
  #380
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 134,365
vCash: 302
If no moves are made I think Q rolls with this

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Carcillo-Mayers-Shaw
(Bollig)

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
Leddy-Roszival
(Brookbank)

Crawford
Emery

Olesz ,,, Do we know what plans are for Olesz this coming season? With increased cap if he is on roster then Bollig or Shaw likely isn't

Hayes back to AHL for start of year (No point in keeping him up to be extra or 4th liner)

Monty ? (Not sure if he is ready yet)


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 01-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:07 PM
  #381
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 500
My guess is waive Olesz and put him in AHL.

If he is in AHL then the first 900k of his contract is off the books. So we will only have a $2,225,000 cap hit against us.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
  #382
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 134,365
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
My guess is waive Olesz and put him in AHL.

If he is in AHL then the first 900k of his contract is off the books. So we will only have a $2,225,000 cap hit against us.
We have no reason to stick him in AHL with cap room we have

He is NHL bottom 6 talent no matter if people like him or not ,, If he comes to camp there is good chance he is on team

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:16 PM
  #383
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,469
vCash: 50
I hope he plays well and gets some games in. He did very well after he was sent down.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
  #384
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,046
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Olesz never got a fair shot in Chicago. He played halfway decent here too even being buried on the fourth line. If we're paying him, we should at least let him play.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:28 PM
  #385
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
The Hawks offered a 1st and a prospect for Grabovski last year and got rejected, according to Dave Pagnotta.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:33 PM
  #386
Any Colour You Like
Communiqué
 
Any Colour You Like's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 2293
Stalberg - Toews - Sharp
Toews and Sharp know how to work with each other and Stalberg has proven himself to be solid in this role in the past.
Carcillo - Kane - Hossa
Hossa's at full health, but I wouldn't start him on the first line just to avoid over-fatiguing him. But my main point is this line was dynamite last season, and a new, healthier, more fit but still aggravating as hell Carcillo should help that cause.
Bickell - Bolland - Shaw
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This line proved to be key in shut-down situations in 11-12 and let's hope they can deliver again like they did in the previous season. Bolland continues to be the best 3C in the NHL.
Bollig - Kruger - Mayers
Unfortunately I think Kruger will make the roster, however he will be down on the fourth line with Mayers who could teach him something about grit. Bollig will continue to be an absolute monster down there with his fighting ability and sandpaper.

Keith - Leddy
The two of them played their arguable best last season together on the first pairing, now we have to wait and see if Leddy has matured enough to be able to deliver in and handle the role.
Seabrook - Hjalmarsson
Hammer is a solid defenseman and Seabrook looked as if he had an easier time on the second pairing last season. Hopefully Seabrook will help sort of "replace" Campbell as Hammer's partner.
Oduya - Rozsival
Montador won't be able to play until late this season if at all in my opinion, and as such Rozsival will be on the third pairing. I'd much rather distribute the wealth to the top two pairings than be one of the top-heaviest team in terms of defense in the league. Olsen is not ready to play in the NHL and again, Montador isn't going to be healthy enough.

Crawford
Emery

What choice do we have?

Any Colour You Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
  #387
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 134,365
vCash: 302
And what becomes of Frolik and Olesz?

Both have NHL contracts and wont be buried especially when Hawks have open cap room

Carcillo can fill in top 6 role at times ,, But putting him there fulltime is major depth problem for Hawks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:25 PM
  #388
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 31,640
vCash: 2660
Is this season running on the cap that it was supposed to run on the last CBA?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:27 PM
  #389
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 31,640
vCash: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
And what becomes of Frolik and Olesz?

Both have NHL contracts and wont be buried especially when Hawks have open cap room

Carcillo can fill in top 6 role at times ,, But putting him there fulltime is major depth problem for Hawks
It's Q. He won't be there full time unless he's Toews, Kane, Sharp or Hossa.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:29 PM
  #390
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 134,365
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
It's Q. He won't be there full time unless he's Toews, Kane, Sharp or Hossa.
Good point

Tend to forget about Q and his line juggling

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
  #391
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
Why the hell is Saad given a first line winger spot again? I don't buy it. If he wants to make the team he can contribute defensively and move up from the third to 2nd or first line.

What is so wrong about having a guy with a scoring touch on the third line? Saad can essentially become our Ladd. Ladd-Bolland-Versteeg was an amazing line, Saad-Bolland-Shaw could really help.

Balanced attack

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
  #392
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
just fast forward a few years;

Saad/Toews/Kane
Sharp/TT/Hossa
McNeil/Bolland/Danault

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
  #393
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,672
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Buff was an all-star in the AHL.
and in the NHL, he was at his best in national TV games and the POs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
We have no reason to stick him in AHL with cap room we have

He is NHL bottom 6 talent no matter if people like him or not ,, If he comes to camp there is good chance he is on team
The reason is that Olesz takes away a roster spot we better us on a young guy. Olesz is next to nothing.

you like to say most what I will say now: WASTE OF ROSTER SPOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
The Hawks offered a 1st and a prospect for Grabovski last year and got rejected, according to Dave Pagnotta.
wow, if that is true I want nothing more negativ to hear about Bowman when it comes to trades. He tries but when there is no deal, you can't fault him for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
And what becomes of Frolik and Olesz?

Both have NHL contracts and wont be buried especially when Hawks have open cap room

Carcillo can fill in top 6 role at times ,, But putting him there fulltime is major depth problem for Hawks
hopefully Frolik will be traded for a pick - happy to get a 3rd or 4th
and Olesz would be only a waste of roster spot

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 09:59 PM
  #394
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
sometimes, some players need the big spotlight. Beach may be a player that can't shine in the AHL but would play better in the NHL. Just look at Buff. This guy was always at his best when the spotlight was on him/this game
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Buff was an all-star in the AHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
and in the NHL, he was at his best in national TV games and the POs...



Actually that show something other than a guy needing the spotlight, it show a guy he gets it. Elevated his game from Jr. to AHL All Star; to the NHL, big game player to NHL All Star.

That comes from within.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:25 PM
  #395
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 134,365
vCash: 302
Well Monty's latest concussion pretty much sets our D likely

The signings of Rozsival/Brookbank look huge now

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:11 AM
  #396
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
Bobby Mac says Bolly may start between Sharp and Kane on a line. We are reported to want him in a more offensive role.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:20 AM
  #397
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 134,365
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Bobby Mac says Bolly may start between Sharp and Kane on a line. We are reported to want him in a more offensive role.
So 3rd line C = Kruger

God I hate having no real #2 C

Moving Bolly to top 6 hurts bottom 6

So wonderful that our #2 C and #3 C are amongst the worst in NHL at faceoffs

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:23 AM
  #398
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 31,640
vCash: 2660
So then...

Stalberg - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Carcillo - Kruger - Shaw
Bickell - Mayers - Frolik

That's pretty damn good

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
  #399
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
So then...

Stalberg - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Carcillo - Kruger - Shaw
Bickell - Mayers - Frolik

That's pretty damn good
Great top six. Bottom six is almost surely the worst in the NHL.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:29 AM
  #400
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 4,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Bobby Mac says Bolly may start between Sharp and Kane on a line. We are reported to want him in a more offensive role.
Where did Bobby Mac say that? Do you have a link?

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.