HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks - Season Starting Roster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
  #726
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'm not going to continue to argue, because you are a fan boy of TT and won't change your opinion either way. But I completely disagree that he would be a top 10 pick this year. Like I said, TT is talented, but talent only get's you so far. Just because TT is MAYBE more talented than someone we can get in 2013, doesn't mean he will be the better hockey player.
Ah, yes.. I'm a "fanboy" because you have no arguement outside of "The 2013 draft is deep, someone we get in the mid-late round this year has to be better than TT". Next time you try to make an arguement, perhaps you should have something to back it up with.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
  #727
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Ah, yes.. I'm a "fanboy" because you have no arguement outside of "The 2013 draft is deep, someone we get in the mid-late round this year has to be better than TT". Next time you try to make an arguement, perhaps you should have something to back it up with.
I agree.

The idea that we should trade Teuvo because we think we might get someone better mid-round this year (doubtful!) is ridiculous.

We're very lucky we got him. I was afraid we were going to be stuck with Gaunce or somenoe like that

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
  #728
BobbyJet
Casual fan - Free Q
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I hear this every year about every draft...


those posters just know those players better because they actually see them more than once a year...


Why would it be better for TT to come over? Playing for Jokerit now in the Top 6 is the best that could happen to him. AHL can't compete with this leauge.
Yes, or so you keep saying. The AHL game is as close to NHL style that you're going to find. I didn't see our great prospects burn it up in their stint this season. And you don't see the advantage of playing on the smaller ice either, I suppose?

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
  #729
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 24,654
vCash: 50
Only on HF can someone try to get you believe that the SM-liiga is better than the AHL

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:53 PM
  #730
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Only on HF can someone try to get you believe that the SM-liiga is better than the AHL
This isn't the first time I've posted this, and I'm sure it won't be the last, but some older numbers (2004, IIRC) do at least give some evidence that SM-Liiga PPG rates translate better to the NHL than AHL PPG rates.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/projecting_to_nhl.php

League ------------ Difficulty
Finland SM-Liiga--- 0.54
AHL ---------------- 0.44

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
  #731
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No it's not.
No it's not.
No it's not.

Some of you are acting like TT was the 3rd best player picked in the draft.

My opinion is based on the fact that almost every single scout said that this years draft will be the best since 2003, while they said last years draft was one of the weakest ones. So in one of the weakest drafts, TT wouldn't have been a top 10 pick, but now in one of the strongest drafts in a decade, he suddendly would be just because he has had an OK season in Finland and an OK WJC?

TT has talent, but has proven nothing just like all the picks this year. When I say it's possible that the guy we draft is better than TT, it's closer to being possible than anything you just wrote above.
Your reasoning has no real evidence. And when you fall back on the excuse "all I said was it's possible", that's exactly what you're admitting.

Some scouts say this is the deepest draft therefore every player in the first round of this draft is likely to be better than first round draft picks from previous drafts. That doesn't fly with me.

Then you loosely connect it with TT's draft position and pretend that matters when pretty much the entire history of major league sports drafting can tell you that relying on draft position to judge a player's overall career success has had dozens of huge blunders.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
  #732
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,606
vCash: 500
Shouldn't this prospect talk be in a different thread?

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:12 PM
  #733
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,107
vCash: 500
I don't care what any of these prospects do until they play at the NHL level. Saad, TT, ect are nothing until they prove it in the NHL.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:16 PM
  #734
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,909
vCash: 500
Getting this thread back on track...

Jimmy Hayes just popped a wrister past Crawford in the 1st period of tonight's scrimmage

Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger
@The1Tab It went off his goal stick, too. Not a good one.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
  #735
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,909
vCash: 500
And now Kruger scores too, on the PP. 2-0 White.

Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger
Clendening now feeds Kruger for a one-time goal past Crawford from bottom of left circle w/Kane in the box. #Blackhawks

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:19 PM
  #736
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Getting this thread back on track...

Jimmy Hayes just popped a wrister past Crawford in the 1st period of tonight's scrimmage

Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger
@The1Tab It went off his goal stick, too. Not a good one.
Crawford is in mid season form.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
  #737
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Your reasoning has no real evidence. And when you fall back on the excuse "all I said was it's possible", that's exactly what you're admitting.

Some scouts say this is the deepest draft therefore every player in the first round of this draft is likely to be better than first round draft picks from previous drafts. That doesn't fly with me.

Then you loosely connect it with TT's draft position and pretend that matters when pretty much the entire history of major league sports drafting can tell you that relying on draft position to judge a player's overall career success has had dozens of huge blunders.
So what's your reasoning that TT would be drafted in the top 10 this year, all I have heard is..If TT was born a couple weeks later he would be a top10 pick this year. The reasoning I have provided is far better than any counter argument I have heard. You guys just keep telling me that the fact that its a deep draft means nothing. So why would TT suddenly be a top 10 pick this coming year?


Last edited by Hawkaholic: 01-16-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
  #738
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Crawford is in post season form.
Fixed it for ya!

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
  #739
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Ah, yes.. I'm a "fanboy" because you have no arguement outside of "The 2013 draft is deep, someone we get in the mid-late round this year has to be better than TT". Next time you try to make an arguement, perhaps you should have something to back it up with.
You are a fan boy, just like with Saad who is also over rated on here, which causes you to bias.

The draft is deep with lots of talented players that could easily be just as good or better than Teuvo, what more needs to be said? You can get TT type of players in the late 1st, like a Lazar.

I'd like to here a real argument from you about why you think teams would suddenly be interested in TT so much more now than last year?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
  #740
BobbyJet
Casual fan - Free Q
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 500
Speaking of prospects. Good fast hockey going tonight in prospects game Team Cherry vs Team Orr. There certainly is plenty of talent among the top 40 prospects that are competing in this game.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
  #741
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,046
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Agreed this is an entertaining game. I am so ****ing excited for the Hawks to be back.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:12 PM
  #742
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,046
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
On a semi related note, why does Don Cherry dress like a color blind MC Hammer?

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM
  #743
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
On a semi related note, why does Don Cherry dress like a color blind MC Hammer?
He and Craig Sager have a long standing bet as to you can go down in history as the worst dressed broadcaster in the history of sports.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
  #744
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
Nothing is worse than a zoot suit.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
  #745
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Only on HF can someone try to get you believe that the SM-liiga is better than the AHL
Well, it is.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:42 AM
  #746
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Right it's not our Ds fault at all that the Hawks were bottom 5 in GA, that's the forwards fault. It's not the DEFENSEmens fault that the DEFENSE was bad at all.
That defensemen are called "defensemen" is nothing but tradition; a historical accident.

You remind me of one of the people who thinks that french fries have something to do with France.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:49 AM
  #747
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
That defensemen are called "defensemen" is nothing but tradition; a historical accident.

You remind me of one of the people who thinks that french fries have something to do with France.
No, their called defensemen because their main job is to play defense. Not because it was read in some history book way back when.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:19 AM
  #748
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yes, or so you keep saying. The AHL game is as close to NHL style that you're going to find. I didn't see our great prospects burn it up in their stint this season. And you don't see the advantage of playing on the smaller ice either, I suppose?
I see that you haven't seen alot of those games. SM-Liiga is closer to the NHL than you think. The only real league in europe you can really compare to the NHL. Size of the rinks is small and not the usual bigger ice you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Only on HF can someone try to get you believe that the SM-liiga is better than the AHL
AHL isn't as good as you say here. I've seen enough games of all those leagues to say that the difference isn't that big and that the level of competition is higher in the SEL, KHL and SM-Liiga than in the AHL.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:38 AM
  #749
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
You are a fan boy, just like with Saad who is also over rated on here, which causes you to bias.

The draft is deep with lots of talented players that could easily be just as good or better than Teuvo, what more needs to be said? You can get TT type of players in the late 1st, like a Lazar.

I'd like to here a real argument from you about why you think teams would suddenly be interested in TT so much more now than last year?
Curits Lazar and Teuvo Teravainen are in no way simular players and the fact that you're comparing them shows how little you know of either player, sir.

As to the bolded: If TT were born a couple weeks later, he'd be heading into the 2013 draft with a PpG or near-PpG season in the SM-Liiga and a good performance as one of the youngest players on team Finland at the WJC under his belt. He was considered a top-10 pick by every scouting service for last years draft with far less accolades. He was ranked more on talent last year, now he's put some very good numbers behind that talent.

I'd like to hear a real arguement from you as to why the players ranked in the 15-30 range in 2013 are better than TT. Maybe some scouting reports. Maybe something other than "The 2013 draft is deep, scouts say" or "You're a fanboy".

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:50 AM
  #750
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
You are a fan boy, just like with Saad who is also over rated on here, which causes you to bias.

The draft is deep with lots of talented players that could easily be just as good or better than Teuvo, what more needs to be said? You can get TT type of players in the late 1st, like a Lazar.

I'd like to here a real argument from you about why you think teams would suddenly be interested in TT so much more now than last year?
The part that all those players could be taken by the time the Hawks pick. Just because the draft is deep doesn't mean the Hawks get a good player. It's like saying, don't sign anyone because nexts years FA is better, doesn't mean you sign those players.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.