HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Sitwell Enterprises II is live, join now

Old
01-11-2013, 12:29 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I haven't been accepted back in at least...are you going to do the fix or not? it will fix the problem if we do it right.
And Firefoxx, if anything all the trades that have been done has to be done over again before moving on with the sim.

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
I haven't been accepted back in at least...are you going to do the fix or not? it will fix the problem if we do it right.
And Firefoxx, if anything all the trades that have been done has to be done over again before moving on with the sim.
I think they were more thinking of picking new teams (maybe give current teams first choice if they want to keep theirs) and simming a few years ahead. So no one would be held to trades since many wouldn't be the same team.

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Jack de la Hoya

A few additional thoughts:

1. If we choose to skip to the second season, I think we need to turn trades off (as long as we can get them back on--) and let the CPU do it until the first resign window. Otherwise, it will take too long. If we opt to go to season 3, then I think it would make sense to pause at the resign / free agency window of season 1, then skip to season 3).

2. One idea...which may or may not be appealing, would be to do a reverse draft of teams. Take the Sitwell standings, and allow the GMs who finished at the bottom first choice on teams, and so on. Theoretically, this would provide the poorer players with the better teams and the better players with poorer teams, and perhaps improve the competitiveness of the league.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
xVx Santillo

I think the main suggestions are:

1. Restart with new teams (first come first serve basis) and skip to season 3 (each re-sign period we re-sign our players)

2. Restart with same teams/trades and go to season 2

3. Restart with new team (first come first serve basis) and skip to season 2 re-sign phase

what you say Commish?

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Guys.

I think we need to wait.

Quote:
A roster update for gm connected would be ideal. Please input the rosters everyone else plays with online, and offline into your new flagship game mode. Its very odd we are still forced to use default rosters in GM connected.
Quote:
That's not a patch, it's much easier quicker to do and deploy. We don't need to do Q/A on it and we don't need to submit it for approval to Sony and Microsoft.

There is a roster update in progress currently.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/9229706.page

That is from a moderator / community manager on the EA Forums. The closest thing to an official comment we have seen.

Old
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I did do it, I had myself kicked and we retried Santillo has now.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Beardfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxx View Post
I think they were more thinking of picking new teams (maybe give current teams first choice if they want to keep theirs) and simming a few years ahead. So no one would be held to trades since many wouldn't be the same team.
If we're simming ahead a few years ahead to season 3 or 4, that actually sounds pretty awesome. Depressing it got corrupted, but I'll wait to see the plan before deciding anything.

Edit - and if there's a roster update coming and we are waiting for that to restart, then I'm in for sure.

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:41 PM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
A few additional thoughts:

1. If we choose to skip to the second season, I think we need to turn trades off (as long as we can get them back on--) and let the CPU do it until the first resign window. Otherwise, it will take too long. If we opt to go to season 3, then I think it would make sense to pause at the resign / free agency window of season 1, then skip to season 3).

2. One idea...which may or may not be appealing, would be to do a reverse draft of teams. Take the Sitwell standings, and allow the GMs who finished at the bottom first choice on teams, and so on. Theoretically, this would provide the poorer players with the better teams and the better players with poorer teams, and perhaps improve the competitiveness of the league.
I kind of like the idea of skipping to the first off-season after a simmed season with no trades. For people wanting prospect development, it would put us where we're supposed to be right now in this league. We can still change teams as we want, and teams who actually finished at the bottom of the standings can get the pick they were supposed to have if we decide to go that route.

I think your second point is interesting, and I wouldn't be totally against it, but I think it would be tough to make sure the league is active with that. There are probably at least a couple people who would only want to play with one of a couple teams, and if they wound up with Florida or Columbus or some other unappealing team, it might make them lose interest.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:42 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Guys.

I think we need to wait.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/9229706.page

That is from a moderator / community manager on the EA Forums. The closest thing to an official comment we have seen.
Yeah I wanted to to wait until the 19th at least so we can see if there's going to be a update and to see whose going to stay active when the NHL resumes.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Yeah I wanted to to wait until the 19th at least so we can see if there's going to be a update and to see whose going to stay active when the NHL resumes.
He didn't provide a timetable, but I would guess it will either be:

1) as soon as the NHLPA signs off on the new CBA

or

2) as soon as the season begins.

In either case, that's a compelling reason to reboot the league anyway. It will be (one of) the first to use the new rosters.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
If there's an update then I'm all for waiting and starting fresh. It would be interesting to have new prospects and different potentials, so maybe not every player will have the same development path we all know by now.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
I kind of like the idea of skipping to the first off-season after a simmed season with no trades. For people wanting prospect development, it would put us where we're supposed to be right now in this league. We can still change teams as we want, and teams who actually finished at the bottom of the standings can get the pick they were supposed to have if we decide to go that route.

I think your second point is interesting, and I wouldn't be totally against it, but I think it would be tough to make sure the league is active with that. There are probably at least a couple people who would only want to play with one of a couple teams, and if they wound up with Florida or Columbus or some other unappealing team, it might make them lose interest.
Well if we are repicking I would gladly take Columbus. Especially if new rosters are around the corner for GMC

Old
01-11-2013, 12:53 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

I would get 1st pick then?

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Of teams?

I'm not sure people will go for that idea. I like it, in the abstract, but too many people really don't want to play as too many teams.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I was thinking more like everyone who wants to keep their teams can and those who want to swap are free to do so. *HINT HINT* boots!

Old
01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I was thinking more like everyone who wants to keep their teams can and those who want to swap are free to do so. *HINT HINT* boots!
People's answers to that might change based on whether or not we are using the new rosters.

are open to switching.

I guess the question then is are people just trading teams, or are we putting all of those teams into a pot and figuring out who gets to pick who?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
People's answers to that might change based on whether or not we are using the new rosters.

are open to switching.

I guess the question then is are people just trading teams, or are we putting all of those teams into a pot and figuring out who gets to pick who?
Well see that's the beauty of this league, it's a democracy and we'll do what majority wants to do, unlike that dictator over in Bluth...

Also with a EA dev definitely saying a patch is coming out I feel we most definitely should wait for it. There are way to many high profile players who don't develop what so ever.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
xVx Santillo

Same thing happened to be I got booted from EA servers and than xbox froze

Old
01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Jack de la Hoya

At this point, then, I think we should just assume the old version of Sitwell is dead.

There are a bunch of people who were always interested in restarting in the event that new rosters came out, and now it looks like that should be the case. Fate intervened, the video game gods smited the original Sitwell Enterprises.

I suggest we use this thread to figure out how to launch the new one, when the time comes (assuming it is in the next week or so).

If people agree, then I guess the first thing to do is figure out who wants to be a part of Sitwell Enterprises - Redux.

From there, we can figure out how many people want to swap teams, and how to do it.

EDIT:

So, based on the initial responses, it seems like the following people are interested?

1. slightlystewpid420
2. xVx Santillo
3. noexult
4. dbridge92
5. Beardfish
6. Firefox
7. dimes
8. TheLund
9. ArGarBarGar
10. ThePsychicSaw [maybe]
11. Sinurgy
12. HaroldDruken (Toronto Maple Leafs)
13. TheFadedLine
14. ChuckWoods* [Has mentioned in the past an interest in restarting with fresh roster updates]
15. Wilco.... * [Has mentioned in the past an interest in restarting with fresh roster updates]
16. SnS* [Has mentioned in the past an interest in restarting with fresh roster updates]
17. Cosmonaut
18. xx Hot Fuss [assumed]
19. SUBdrewgANS
20. matt1396
21. dunner (Montreal)
22. HaliMooseheads

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-11-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
xVx Santillo

Damn another week

Old
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
At this point, then, I think we should just assume the old version of Sitwell is dead.

There are a bunch of people who were always interested in restarting in the event that new rosters came out, and now it looks like that should be the case. Fate intervened, the video game gods smited the original Sitwell Enterprises.

I suggest we use this thread to figure out how to launch the new one, when the time comes (assuming it is in the next week or so).
Agreed, as long as the rules are based off the same as Bluth there will be a high demand for the the league, its a good base that's for sure.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Agreed, as long as the rules are based off the same as Bluth there will be a high demand for the the league, its a good base that's for sure.
Yeah, I think the rules / advance schedule we used here are fine.

The only change I might suggest from Bluth is dropping the "franchise players" idea. It proved controversial there, and I'm not sure some of the non-Bluth guys are as warm to it. Otherwise, everything should stay the same.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:17 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Yeah, I think the rules / advance schedule we used here are fine.

The only change I might suggest from Bluth is dropping the "franchise players" idea. It proved controversial there, and I'm not sure some of the non-Bluth guys are as warm to it. Otherwise, everything should stay the same.
Well I know that I was going to implement all the new rules this season in Sitwell as well. And I personally like the franchise rule. With new updated rosters it will really help teams maintain their current identities.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Well I know that I was going to implement all the new rules this season in Sitwell as well. And I personally like the franchise rule. With new updated rosters it will really help teams maintain their current identities.
If it's done from the beginning it shouldn't be an issue. There has to be 3 guys on everyones team they wouldn't trade, it's not that hard to do.

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Yeah, it is probably fine if we give GMs the ability to name their own and allow them to trade them under certain circumstances.

People just need to know before they pick their teams, I think.