HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Sitwell Enterprises II is live, join now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 01:25 PM
  #276
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Yeah, it is probably fine if we give GMs the ability to name their own and allow them to trade them under certain circumstances.

People just need to know before they pick their teams, I think.
It's tricky with teams like Columbus where there is no franchise players besides possibly Johnson. And of course obvious players have to be franchise players. The Crosby ovie's stamkos Giroux sedins.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
  #277
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
maybe add in the changed title that the original crashed?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
  #278
xVx Santillo
Registered User
 
xVx Santillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
If we're restarting with the new rosters (hopefully they update them soon) I say everyone switches team...Or a first come first basis type of thing to pick the new team u want..giving the most active GM's the teams they want with the new rosters

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
  #279
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
If we're restarting with the new rosters (hopefully they update them soon) I say everyone switches team...Or a first come first basis type of thing to pick the new team u want..giving the most active GM's the teams they want with the new rosters
I'm not sure how we would do first-come, first served. It isn't fair to the guys who posted here in the activity check to put the 10 or so people who have posted most recently ahead of them.

It seems to me that the logical thing to do is to give everyone the option to keep their team if they want. Many won't. We can then figure out how to divide up those teams.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
  #280
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
If we're restarting with the new rosters (hopefully they update them soon) I say everyone switches team...Or a first come first basis type of thing to pick the new team u want..giving the most active GM's the teams they want with the new rosters
Once get 20-25 guys confirming that they'll play in the new league ill start a new thread. But I think we need to figure a way to fairly repick teams.. I'm all ears at this point as I don't want to lose any of the current members!

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:34 PM
  #281
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Once get 20-25 guys confirming that they'll play in the new league ill start a new thread. But I think we need to figure a way to fairly repick teams.. I'm all ears at this point as I don't want to lose any of the current members!
Here is what I have so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

1. slightlystewpid420
2. xVx Santillo
3. noexult
4. dbridge92
5. Beardfish
6. Firefox
7. dimes
8. TheLund
9. ArGarBarGar
10. ThePsychicSaw
11. Sinurgy
12. HaroldDruken
13. TheFadedLine
14. ChuckWoods* [Has mentioned in the past an interest in restarting with fresh roster updates]
15. Wilco.... * [Has mentioned in the past an interest in restarting with fresh roster updates]
16. SnS* [Has mentioned in the past an interest in restarting with fresh roster updates]
17. Cosmonaut
18. xx Hot Fuss [assumed]
(Plus myself)--so 19.

I feel very comfortable saying Chuck, wilco, and SnS would be in. We Chuck and I discussed waiting to launch our league for the roster update, but decided to go ahead when there was no news about it. The other guys seemed very interested in the idea in the past, and are currently members of Sitwell.

I'm not sure whether they would want to switch teams, though. I suspect SnS would be pretty happy with the updated Oilers.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
  #282
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
I wouldn't say I'm interested, i seem to be with the mindset of beardfish.

I have absolutely no interest in starting on year 1. none.

Do you guys really think ea would drastically change rosters and/or progression to make starting over again worth it? That would be attention to detail, something ea has nothing of.

1)Its either restart the league exactly the same re do trades and sim 1 year to where were at (which is not hard and can be accomplished now)

2)Or start a whole new league and start at season 4, to make it unique and interesting.

These are both dependant on if you can toggle trades on and off. Which knowing ea isn't an option, then i don't know what would keep my interest.

Another thing is don't disband the current league while we are figuring all this out. We can keep trying in the meantime. Please don't disband before another league is completely up and running.

ThePsychicSaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
  #283
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
im in or the new league

I'd like to keep the Kings but would prefer to switch to the Rangers.


Last edited by matt1396: 01-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.
matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
  #284
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble
 
SUBdrewgANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,631
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Id be in on the new league.. but I would like to keep the Penguins..

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:57 PM
  #285
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
I wouldn't say I'm interested, i seem to be with the mindset of beardfish.

I have absolutely no interest in starting on year 1. none.

Do you guys really think ea would drastically change rosters and/or progression to make starting over again worth it? That would be attention to detail, something ea has nothing of.

1)Its either restart the league exactly the same re do trades and sim 1 year to where were at (which is not hard and can be accomplished now)

2)Or start a whole new league and start at season 4, to make it unique and interesting.

These are both dependant on if you can toggle trades on and off. Which knowing ea isn't an option, then i don't know what would keep my interest.

Another thing is don't disband the current league while we are figuring all this out. We can keep trying in the meantime. Please don't disband before another league is completely up and running.
Always the contrarian.

You can check out the roster changes in offline be a GM, but they are significant enough to make it interesting, in my opinion. Guys like Galchenyuk (yellow ==> green), Grigorenko (3.0-4.5), Strome, Nino, and a bunch of others got their potentials fixed. New players include Justin Schultz and Brock Nelson, among others.

More importantly, there are many, many more real-life prospects in the 2013-2014 drafts with high potentials. Guys like Seth Jones, Jonathan Drouin, Sam Reinhart, Connor McDavid, etc.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-11-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:01 PM
  #286
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Always the contrarian.

You can check out the roster changes in offline be a GM, but they are significant enough to make it interesting, in my opinion. Guys like Galchenyuk (yellow ==> green), Grigorenko (3.0-4.5), Strome, Nino, and a bunch of others got their potentials fixed. New players include Justin Schultz and Brock Nelson, among others.

More importantly, there are many, many more real-life prospects in the 2013-2014 drafts with high potentials. Guys like Seth Jones, etc.
Yeah there's definitely enough of a reason to restart with new rosters IMO. Now whether they fix the developing of players is another story...

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
  #287
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
I don't really care either way but if I get stripped of the Hab's I probably won't participate it's really the only reason i'm in a second league.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
  #288
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
if anything, sim at least 1 season ahead, preferably even 2.

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
  #289
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I don't really care either way but if I get stripped of the Hab's I probably won't participate it's really the only reason i'm in a second league.
I can't imagine that anyone who wants to keep their old team would be prevented from doing so. It just doesn't make any sense.

The new Galchenyuk would be pretty sweet, I'd think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
if anything, sim at least 1 season ahead, preferably even 2.
With new rosters, I'm a bit less enthused about skipping more than the first season.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:07 PM
  #290
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I don't really care either way but if I get stripped of the Hab's I probably won't participate it's really the only reason i'm in a second league.
No one will be stripped of their teams, the only way people will be allowed to change teams are to other teams that players didn't want. So first thing we really need to do is figure out whose staying and who wants to keep their teams? We should have a time table as to when the update is coming out pretty soon.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:09 PM
  #291
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"
 
Swift Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
I'm good with a new league. I'd rather be the Devils in the new one though.

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:09 PM
  #292
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
No one will be stripped of their teams, the only way people will be allowed to change teams are to other teams that players didn't want. So first thing we really need to do is figure out whose staying and who wants to keep their teams? We should have a time table as to when the update is coming out pretty soon.
I've got a running list on the previous page of who's interested, no, and who might be. I can add teams to that.

I'm spamming the EA forums again trying to get a timetable, but that might be too much to ask for. It took me like a month to find out there would be a roster update.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
  #293
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
No one will be stripped of their teams, the only way people will be allowed to change teams are to other teams that players didn't want. So first thing we really need to do is figure out whose staying and who wants to keep their teams? We should have a time table as to when the update is coming out pretty soon.
Ok with that being clarified i'm in still as the Habs Gm and feel like year 1 should be simmed however I understand that takes considerable time to do.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
  #294
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
No one will be stripped of their teams, the only way people will be allowed to change teams are to other teams that players didn't want. So first thing we really need to do is figure out whose staying and who wants to keep their teams? We should have a time table as to when the update is coming out pretty soon.
I would venture a guess that there may be new rosters on January 20th, or soon after. Really the only thing to wait on would be players playing in their first game so they can officially be on their NHL teams, so once every team has played a game, there wouldn't be much of a reason for EA to wait, aside from them being EA and lazy.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
  #295
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 250
Ok so let's do this, everyone who wants to stay post their current team, and top 3 teams they would choose in a new league, unless of course you want to keep your team.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
  #296
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
I would venture a guess that there may be new rosters on January 20th, or soon after. Really the only thing to wait on would be players playing in their first game so they can officially be on their NHL teams, so once every team has played a game, there wouldn't be much of a reason for EA to wait, aside from them being EA and lazy.
That's sort of my guess, but is it possible that training camp would serve the same end?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:13 PM
  #297
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,080
vCash: 500
I vote we sim through season 1, and just re-do the offseason. Whether we keep the trades intact does not matter to me. Also, I will be keeping the Leafs unless the Kings open up.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
  #298
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
I vote we sim through season 1, and just re-do the offseason. Whether we keep the trades intact does not matter to me. Also, I will be keeping the Leafs unless the Kings open up.
I don't think we can redo the trades with updated rosters. There are too many variables--organizational needs change with the improved potentials / overalls and added players, draft picks might be more highly valued, etc.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
  #299
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Always the contrarian.

You can check out the roster changes in offline be a GM, but they are significant enough to make it interesting, in my opinion. Guys like Galchenyuk (yellow ==> green), Grigorenko (3.0-4.5), Strome, Nino, and a bunch of others got their potentials fixed. New players include Justin Schultz and Brock Nelson, among others.

More importantly, there are many, many more real-life prospects in the 2013-2014 drafts with high potentials. Guys like Seth Jones, Jonathan Drouin, Sam Reinhart, Connor McDavid, etc.
If that's the case i stand corrected, that would be significant enough for me too.

But again starting at season 1 would be a bummer.

What if we simmed the first half of the season and kept the regular pace for the rest . and do the same for season 2. Then we should be back up to pace.

And I'd probably want my caps, but ideally my same sharks with same trades. Just a bummer.

ThePsychicSaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:16 PM
  #300
BoonesJenner
Registered User
 
BoonesJenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I don't think we can redo the trades with updated rosters. There are too many variables--organizational needs change with the improved potentials / overalls and added players, draft picks might be more highly valued, etc.
If we're switching teams than all trades are voided.

BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.