HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Sitwell Enterprises II is live, join now

Old
01-11-2013, 12:27 AM
ThePsychicSaw

vCash: 500
What a pathetic product. Honestly, everything about this game just screams half-assed.

suggestion: kick everyone out and try

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Yeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuppppppp.... trying again now but if it doesn't work what do you wanna do boys?
Only two things come to mind:

1) Toggle the settings from two weeks back to one week, or whatever. Turn it back. Hope that that will somehow trick the code into resetting.

2) Kick everyone out (except the commissioner) and try an advance that way.

Beyond that, I dunno. Like I said, there are stories of GMCs becoming corrupted all over the EA forums. No official comment, and no known fix.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:32 AM
slightlystewpid420

I'll try that. If not I'd be willing to start a new one and sim a entire season and we can start from the off season of season 1...we can all repick teams or whatever at that point if anyone wanted to..

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I'll try that. If not I'd be willing to start a new one and sim a entire season and we can start from the off season of season 1...we can all repick teams or whatever at that point if anyone wanted to..
I'd hold off restarting until Jan 19. Just in case EA finally updates the GMC rosters. (I have no knowledge that they will, just a vein hope.)

So, what have we learned here?

1) Don't switch GMs resign period (though I know other leagues have done it). It possibly creates a situation in which a player has offers from both the CPU and a human GM. All activity checks, booting, etc. should be done before the start of the resign period, and no changes should happen until July 1. To the extent this wasn't just a freak occurrence, I think that has to be the cause.

2) EA has failed us as consumers. If there is silver lining, it is that we "only" lost one season. If resigning worked properly, it wouldn't be focused in this weird 5 day window. In either case, there's really no excuse for data being corrupted over something this forseable--there's always the possibilty that human GMs will need to be kicked during the resign period.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-11-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old
01-11-2013, 01:06 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
this game is such a piece. but if we have to, what are the chances we can make all the same trades and the forward a whole year?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:09 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
this game is such a pathetic piece. but if we have to, what are the chances we can make all the same trades and the forward a whole year?
Eh doubtful, I was thinking more like just simming a season and letting people repick (if they want) from and giving teams an extra trade for the season, going through all the trades would just be a hassle IMO.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:32 AM
ThePsychicSaw

really? its only two trades lol

Old
01-11-2013, 01:43 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

and draftpicks?

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
What a pathetic product. Honestly, everything about this game just screams half-assed.

suggestion: kick everyone out and try
I screamed as loud as I could on these boards, aka the EA fanboy echo chamber, several years back that people needed to support the 2K hockey (still the best hockey sim in my opinion) series but nooooo, lets all circle jerk over EA. Well big surprise, now that they're the only game in town this is the quality we're going to get. No point *****ing now, unless a competitor steps up it's going to be glorified roster updates just like Madden. </end rant>

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 02:23 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
really? its only two trades lol
It's definitely a lot more than 2 trades.. It's going to a long time get everyone back into the league, get all the trades accepted, and then an entire season simmed.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:31 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
It's definitely a lot more than 2 trades.. It's going to a long time get everyone back into the league, get all the trades accepted, and then an entire season simmed.
well being that the league rule was 2 trades total, I don't see how that can possible be true. That can be all done within a day or two, if these gms are as active as they should be and everyone claims to be.

if this league is glitched, thats the best possible solution for all the time we all spent. i set up my team in the hopes of seeing what it will be like in 5 seasons. come on now

Old
01-11-2013, 02:32 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

All the trades that have been should be done as well...but what would be the situation with the draft? I know I got Klimchuk this time, will it be the same in the new league u will be create?

Old
01-11-2013, 03:24 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
well being that the league rule was 2 trades total, I don't see how that can possible be true. That can be all done within a day or two, if these gms are as active as they should be and everyone claims to be.

if this league is glitched, thats the best possible solution for all the time we all spent. i set up my team in the hopes of seeing what it will be like in 5 seasons. come on now
I mean I'm not against it but I'm kinda with Jack, let's wait to see what happens when the season starts, this is going to really test everyone's gm capabilities, this is going to be a full season of sim, that means a full season of cpu controlled rosters... what if we gave everyone the next 8 days or so to make trades and re-shape their teams for a full season sim. We could stop around the trade deadline, make trades based on how we're doing and then sim to the offseason and go from there? Idk just suggestions, I'm curious. to see what everyone wants to do

Old
01-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I mean I'm not against it but I'm kinda with Jack, let's wait to see what happens when the season starts, this is going to really test everyone's gm capabilities, this is going to be a full season of sim, that means a full season of cpu controlled rosters...
So is it confirmed the current setup is dead? Are we just blowing everything up? If so can we have different teams, I want the Coyotes badly!

Quote:
what if we gave everyone the next 8 days or so to make trades and re-shape their teams for a full season sim. We could stop around the trade deadline, make trades based on how we're doing and then sim to the offseason and go from there? Idk just suggestions, I'm curious. to see what everyone wants to do
Another 8 days? Man I'm not sure this league can take to many more delays.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:42 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
So is it confirmed the current setup is dead? Are we just blowing everything up? If so can we have different teams, I want the Coyotes badly!

Another 8 days? Man I'm not sure this league can take to many more delays.
Well it froze at the exact same spot for both Jack and I. Right when it transitions from processing free agents to the next phase, the entire system freezes. I'll try again tomorrow though.

But that was my thought, we can either keep our teams or repick teams however we decide to do that fairly, do whatever trading needs to be done, and we can either start over, or sim to season 2?

Old
01-11-2013, 03:45 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

try and let one in and give him commis. and then exit yourself, then the new commis. advance

Old
01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
try and let one in and give him commis. and then exit yourself, then the new commis. advance
I highly doubt that it will do anything, it froze in the same spot for jack and I, it's most likely the file is corrupt and is going to happen no matter what.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:15 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
I highly doubt that it will do anything, it froze in the same spot for jack and I, it's most likely the file is corrupt and is going to happen no matter what.
i think its worth trying, i mean were going to be waiting regardless lol... we should be trying every possible thing while we wait and figure the best course of action.

Ideally: We restart the league and adhere to everything thats transpired the way it has now, wouldn't be difficult. We've all spent many of hours playing and molding rosters. I was very content with my team. The only thing we can't duplicate (I don't care that it won't recognize I won the cup. off subject, but we should have a awards section on the first page in small text just to track anyways, from calder to stanley) practically are draft choices, but we can meet it halfway.

So same teams.
All trades process (again was a 2 trade limit on a team, that will take me individually 5 minutes to accomplish in game).
Sim through the entire first season and playoffs.
All teams Set draft priority, however, the top10 players drafted already in this league go to those exact teams once trades can be done again. the teams that have to trade said top10 players get 'compensated' with the other teams same first round prospect. It's a very small pill to swallow boys.

this league is worth saving. With this activity check, this can all be organized within 2-3 days tops, if people care enough, meanwhile we continue to alleviate this glitch.

What do yuh say guys

Last edited by ThePsychicSaw: 01-11-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old
01-11-2013, 04:47 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Try this Fix

I remember reading about it in October...just thought they had managed to fix it, but this should be the solution

Last edited by noexult: 01-11-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old
01-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Well it froze at the exact same spot for both Jack and I. Right when it transitions from processing free agents to the next phase, the entire system freezes. I'll try again tomorrow though.

But that was my thought, we can either keep our teams or repick teams however we decide to do that fairly, do whatever trading needs to be done, and we can either start over, or sim to season 2?
Well if we repick teams I'd like the Coyotes, if not I'm fine sticking with the Panthers.

btw...if we start over and sim the league does this mean I'm going to lose the 2nd overall pick?! I spent a good part of season 1 getting my ass handed to me, I'd hate to have endured that for nothing!

Old
01-11-2013, 07:26 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
This is not what I wanted to see when I woke up this morning! Damn you EA! Hopefully with noexult's suggestion, we can somehow get through the glitch.

Also, as much as I like the Leafs, if we start over I wouldn't mind switching teams with someone as well... just to make it a bit different.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
Try this Fix

I remember reading about it in October...just thought they had managed to fix it, but this should be the solution
Yeah, this was what I was suggesting last night, and I realized after I shut the computer down that I forgot to note that the commissioner himself would have to be kicked and readmitted (necessatating someone else acting in the interim).

EDIT: just realized noexult's fix is a bit different.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-11-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old
01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Yeah, this was what I was suggesting last night, and I realized after I shut the computer down that I forgot to note that the commissioner himself would have to be kicked and readmitted (necessatating someone else acting in the interim).
I'm sure there will be enough people online tonight that would be willing to give this a try, myself included.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Jack de la Hoya

In the event we have to restart (assuming new rosters are not an option), then I would be in favor of skipping to year 2 (or even 3), but I'd defer to others. The best thing about the 2014--> years is that the draft is 1) far better than 2013, guys tend to make an immediate impact, and 2) far less predictable than 2013, which makes for better draft trading.

I'd also be wiling to switch teams. I'm not sure if everyone should switch, or if we should simply make a list of who wants to switch.

Eh. This sucks.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

If this does end up being a restart project, I would like to switch to Chicago, especially since Stockey is without an NHL 13 disc, so they're basically unoccupied now.

Also, just saw that the league isn't on my list of current leagues. Am I supposed to send an invite back in, or are we waiting on something else?

Last edited by dbridge: 01-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.
dbridge is online now   Reply With Quote