HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Alex Tanguay to SJ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM
  #1
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch
 
CommanderShepard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,489
vCash: 500
Alex Tanguay to SJ

Whats the price? I think hed fit in nicely.

would Dylan DeMelo + 2nd be a good start?

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM
  #2
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 763
Not really available. If Iginla leaves/is traded, he becomes the team's best offensive player and leader. And if Iginla stays, Tanguay is the only player who can help him produce. It doesn't matter if the scenario is rebuild or compete, Tanguay is part of it.

And a player with his cap hit and production isn't available for a mid-late second and an 'okay' prospect.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
  #3
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Not really available. If Iginla leaves/is traded, he becomes the team's best offensive player and leader. And if Iginla stays, Tanguay is the only player who can help him produce. It doesn't matter if the scenario is rebuild or compete, Tanguay is part of it.

And a player with his cap hit and production isn't available for a mid-late second and an 'okay' prospect.
This pretty much sums it up. I think if Calgary collapses towards the deadline, he could be available, but it won't be for a package like the one you proposed.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
  #4
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,514
vCash: 50
Why would a team with arguably the best passing centre in the league want to pay a huge price for a winger who doesn't shoot?

He's a first line player on the Flames and value will be a such

I can't seem him on the SJ top line though

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
  #5
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,464
vCash: 50
Personally I'd want to see someone like Demers coming to Calgary if Tanguay was being traded.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
  #6
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,872
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Why would a team with arguably the best passing centre in the league want to pay a huge price for a winger who doesn't shoot?

He's a first line player on the Flames and value will be a such

I can't seem him on the SJ top line though
I'd play him with Marleau and Couture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Personally I'd want to see someone like Demers coming to Calgary if Tanguay was being traded.
Understandable, and we must decline.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.