HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 05:07 PM
  #601
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,718
vCash: 500
My reaction


Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:17 PM
  #602
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Haha I love that gif. But their top end scoring looks good. Their depth, not so much.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
  #603
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Hemsky's only good for half a season

WAIT

I laughed way too hard at this.

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:21 PM
  #604
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I laughed way too hard at this.
Same

I'm dying from it and I don't know why.

hlaverty06 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:35 PM
  #605
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 500
And Edmonton fans would rather their D over ours...


And they don't get why they are perennial bottom feeders

hlaverty06 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
  #606
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 32,886
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
And Edmonton fans would rather their D over ours...


And they don't get why they are perennial bottom feeders
Devils defensemen are incredibly underrated, even after the Cup run.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
  #607
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Devils defensemen are incredibly underrated, even after the Cup run.
One guy stated we don't have a single quality defenseman.

Still wonder how we made the SCF with a goalie that is obviously going to fall apart any day now and a defense that belongs in the AHL.

Our offense must have been superb.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
  #608
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 32,886
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
One guy stated we don't have a single quality defenseman.

Still wonder how we made the SCF with a goalie that is obviously going to fall apart any day now and a defense that belongs in the AHL.

Our offense must have been superb.
We don't have a single all-star defenseman, perhaps, but from top to bottom our whole defense is high-quality.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:07 PM
  #609
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
We don't have a single all-star defenseman, perhaps, but from top to bottom our whole defense is high-quality.
Yep, that's fine by me.

Less heralded these guys are, less stupid trade proposals pop up.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
  #610
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
And Edmonton fans would rather their D over ours...


And they don't get why they are perennial bottom feeders
A trade proposal involving Edmonton ? The mind boggles at the thought.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
  #611
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
I'd rather have 6 quality D-men instead of 3 all stars and 3 scrubs.

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
  #612
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User
 
jkrdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 30,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
We don't have a single all-star defenseman, perhaps, but from top to bottom our whole defense is high-quality.
Yep. They don't have a minute eater, but they have the depth where they don't need one

jkrdevil is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:29 PM
  #613
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,937
vCash: 500
Edmonton fans make me want to bash my skull into a brick wall repeatedly...wheres that damn smiley...

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
  #614
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,941
vCash: 500
Careful guys, The Great One might catch you talking **** about Edmonton on here. Then he may have to have a talk with you like he did Schultz!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
  #615
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
Yep. They don't have a minute eater, but they have the depth where they don't need one
Very underrated point. Minute eaters are needed by teams like the Rangers who have clowns like Bickel and Stralman suiting up. You need studs like McD, Staal and Girardi to cover them up. When you have 3 quality pairings like we do, you don't need one player to save the day. It's defense by committee, and that's a great thing to have because it prevents top players from burning out.

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
  #616
Bleedred
BEAT LA!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,941
vCash: 500
Stralman's the real deal guys! The Devils dropped the ball for not signing him after that tryout!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
  #617
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
I'd wave the white flag. It's not fans who determine real world trades, anyway.

I'm not using this to judge all Edmonton fans, obviously, but I stopped talking trades with my Edmonton acquaintances when things like this were being said to me just before the playoff run last year:



I will cherish that last line forever and ever.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
  #618
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Edmonton fans make me want to bash my skull into a brick wall repeatedly...wheres that damn smiley...
It's : banghead : without the spaces.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:45 PM
  #619
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,457
vCash: 500
When did edmonton get so big for their britches? They looking for another lottery pick this year or is that reason to celebrate again?

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
  #620
Devil X
Next man up!
 
Devil X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
When did edmonton get so big for their britches? They looking for another lottery pick this year or is that reason to celebrate again?
Yes for them, see they judge championships buy who gets the number 1 pick.

Devil X is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
  #621
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Very underrated point. Minute eaters are needed by teams like the Rangers who have clowns like Bickel and Stralman suiting up. You need studs like McD, Staal and Girardi to cover them up. When you have 3 quality pairings like we do, you don't need one player to save the day. It's defense by committee, and that's a great thing to have because it prevents top players from burning out.
Stralman was actually very good for the Rangers last year. He's more than capable of handling 3rd pairing minutes. Bickel sucks though, I agree with that.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
  #622
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Stralman was actually very good for the Rangers last year. He's more than capable of handling 3rd pairing minutes. Bickel sucks though, I agree with that.
Stralman was terrible when he was here in training camp. I think his success last year had more to do with his linemate and his goalie.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:16 PM
  #623
BrodeursCups
Almost showtime...
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Remember the rangers fans who were trying to say Stralman was better than Fayne? Yikes..

BrodeursCups is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:16 PM
  #624
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Remember the rangers fans who were trying to say Stralman was better than Fayne? Yikes..
I doubt that has changed.

kiwidevil is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
  #625
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Please please tell me that some people have the Hemsky thread I made bookmarked already. I can't wait to read back through it in like a month or two and just laugh my ****ing ass off.

Zippy316 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.