HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thomas is d.o.n.e.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
  #301
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 35,946
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
No.
The compliance buyouts are before the start of the next 2 years, not this year. Thomas will be off the books this year. They also don't need to pay him. If he doesn't show, they don't have to pay him, but he does, however, still count against the cap.
Everyone that comes to this site should have to write that 100 times.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
  #302
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
No.
The compliance buyouts are before the start of the next 2 years, not this year. Thomas will be off the books this year. They also don't need to pay him. If he doesn't show, they don't have to pay him, but he does, however, still count against the cap.
It's just freakin amazing how many times this has had to have been repeated.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
  #303
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
He breaks his side of the contract, and the Bruins are not obligated to hold up their end, ie paying him. I would never do it, if I sign a contract of my own free will, I live up to it, but I'm sure he has his reasons, so meh, no big deal here.

Indentured servitude though? Wow. The guy signed a contract of his own free will to make multi millions playing a game. This is a far cry from indentured servitude. A far, far cry.
You do know indentured servants also signed contracts of their own free will too, right?

Anyway. I sign an employment contract every year. I commit to do my job for that year. If my family needed me to be home for some reason? Of course I'd quit and there would be zero repercussions. If you wouldn't quit because you hold a piece of paper to a higher importance than your loved ones, then that is your decision. I wouldn't criticize you for your decision, and I wouldn't expect you to criticize mine.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
  #304
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
Are you trying to get nominated for most ridiculous post of 2013? If so, you have my vote.

Ted Williams hit a home run in his final at bat before missing the final three game stand of the 1960 season against the Yankees -- a season in which the Red Sox finished 32 GAMES OUT OF FIRST PLACE!
He had a contract. He broke it. Traitor.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
  #305
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
He had a contract. He broke it. Traitor.
Ted Williams traitor to the not yet formed "nation"

Off with his head!!




SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
  #306
Number8
Registered User
 
Number8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
He had a contract. He broke it. Traitor.
Just think, if that selfish POS had played his heart out and helped them win all three games Boston would have cracked the 30 game out of first barrier!

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
  #307
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
You do know indentured servants also signed contracts of their own free will too, right?

Anyway. I sign an employment contract every year. I commit to do my job for that year. If my family needed me to be home for some reason? Of course I'd quit and there would be zero repercussions. If you wouldn't quit because you hold a piece of paper to a higher importance than your loved ones, then that is your decision. I wouldn't criticize you for your decision, and I wouldn't expect you to criticize mine.
There are very few issues that would cause me to take a full year off from work.
Regardless, I've never once criticized his decision anyway, so I'm left wondering what your point is.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.