HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

el Nino vs Chris Krieder

View Poll Results: who would you rather have on your team
nino 68 42.77%
krieder 91 57.23%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-06-2013, 04:01 PM
startainfection

vCash: 500
el Nino vs Chris Krieder

who would you rather have on your team?

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Dr Quincy

Both will be a joy to watch, but I go with the kid from the next town over... Kreider for me.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:09 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Krieder, right now.

He is a much better skater than Nino. While, I think Nino has a more well rounded offensive skill set, he won't be able to use it and will be nothing more than a third line player if he doesn't improve his skating and play away from the puck.

If Nino can improve skating and play away from the puck I'll take him over Krieder any day of the week.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Krieder, right now.

He is a much better skater than Nino. While, I think Nino has a more well rounded offensive skill set, he won't be able to use it and will be nothing more than a third line player if he doesn't improve his skating and play away from the puck.

If Nino can improve skating and play away from the puck I'll take him over Krieder any day of the week.
you are under rating nino's play away from the puck and his skating, he might not be really fast but he is built like a horse and has awesome balance

Old
01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
tony d
The franchise

Chris Kreider

01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Every time Kreider shows up people get mad for no reason

Still voted for him though.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM

el Nino

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Eskimo44

The guy who's over a year younger and is producing much more so far in the AHL.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
this is how i thought people would be thinking but i guess not

Old
01-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
The AHL hasn't changed any opinions. People who hold Kreider in high regard still do. People who don't like his game never liked it. Generally speaking of course.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
good choice. good choice.

would this be the guy with 1 point in 55 NHL games?

I'd rather have an NHLer than an AHLer

01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Kreider but close. Both should be good 2nd liners.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post

This.. IMO Nino was brought up WAY too early though so now he's a little messed up. I pick Kreider because his speed and size. Once he gets that all up to par, look out

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
SnowblindNYR

Why is it that people get on Kreider for his AHL stint but don't give him credit for his NHL playoff stint? Against the Devils he was the best Ranger forward bar none.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The AHL hasn't changed any opinions. People who hold Kreider in high regard still do. People who don't like his game never liked it. Generally speaking of course.
It has nothing to do with Kreider or not "liking his game". Niederrieter is a lottery pick and is producing at a tremendous clip. As an unbiased observer it would be awfully hard to pick Kreider when a younger Niderreiter has a similar skillset to go with superior pedigree and production. Niederreiter also has a full NHL season under his belt which should help in the short run in terms of growing pains. I have no idea when Kreider became a prospect of lottery value, but i think it's malarky and he's being dramatically overrated. Don't get me wrong he's a very good prospect but he's also not likely to be a 1st liner any time soon, if ever. Niedderreiter on the other hand is expected to become a 1st liner, and unlike Kreider he's producing like one.

Even Kreider's College stats don't scream 1st liner. His playoff results were solid, not spectacular, but the sample size was short and his role was offensive. I don't know if he's going to get that kind of role again with the addition if Nash. Kreider is 8th out of all forwards on the Connecticut Whale in scoring and i really don't see how Niederreiter has superior players to work with. It's not like their AHL team records are all that different and the Whale's top 3 scorers actually have more points than Sound Tigers top 3 scorers excluding Niederreiter. Kreider could end up the better player but based on the evidence it would be going against the grain and then some to project that.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post

You do know at the same age Kreider put up 24 points in 32 college games. Sorry to inform you but:

1 point in 55 NHL games >> 24 in 32 college games

Niederreiter we all know was not getting offensive minutes (like the one's Kreider got in the playoffs), in fact iirc he was getting very limited minutes. Joe Thornton and Steve Stamkos didn't exactly light the world on fire in their first 50 games either and guess what, they turned out just fine. Seguin is another guy who got off to a slow start. Kreider's 19 year old production in college hockey is good but nothing special. Being 19 and playing over 50 games in the NHL, now that's a lot closer to special. Niederreiter has been one of the top forwards in what has been the 2nd best league in the world this season, that's impressive. I don't get why Kreider's AHL stats don't count...

Old
01-06-2013, 08:09 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

I think a lot depends on who they are paired up with. They both need a playmaking center to effectively utilize their abilities. Neither is able to create offense on their own so they'll need someone to get them the puck in good offensive situations.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
Nobody thinks the way you think. People are allowed to think that Kreider is the better player.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
19NYSports91

Isles fan saying Krieder.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
MastuhNinks

Nino.

On this website Nino is underrated and Kreider is overrated.

Nino played terrible minutes where no under 20 player would succeed, and statistics (PDO) suggest he had literally the worst luck in the entire league, along with among the lowest Corsi Rel QoT in the league. He was just put in a terrible position, but he's still a great prospect.

Last edited by MastuhNinks: 01-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.
MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Kershaw

Was very impressed with Nino in the Bridgeport games I saw. Reminds me a lot of Dustin Penner. He had many dominant shifts in the games I saw that I thought he wasn't capable of. I still prefer Kreider, but I can see why people like Nino.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
gatosauce12345

I'll take the guy from New York.

gatosauce12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
It has nothing to do with Kreider or not "liking his game". Niederrieter is a lottery pick and is producing at a tremendous clip. As an unbiased observer it would be awfully hard to pick Kreider when a younger Niderreiter has a similar skillset to go with superior pedigree and production. Niederreiter also has a full NHL season under his belt which should help in the short run in terms of growing pains. I have no idea when Kreider became a prospect of lottery value, but i think it's malarky and he's being dramatically overrated. Don't get me wrong he's a very good prospect but he's also not likely to be a 1st liner any time soon, if ever. Niedderreiter on the other hand is expected to become a 1st liner, and unlike Kreider he's producing like one.

Even Kreider's College stats don't scream 1st liner. His playoff results were solid, not spectacular, but the sample size was short and his role was offensive. I don't know if he's going to get that kind of role again with the addition if Nash. Kreider is 8th out of all forwards on the Connecticut Whale in scoring and i really don't see how Niederreiter has superior players to work with. It's not like their AHL team records are all that different and the Whale's top 3 scorers actually have more points than Sound Tigers top 3 scorers excluding Niederreiter. Kreider could end up the better player but based on the evidence it would be going against the grain and then some to project that.
All I'm saying is OP is implying that people would pick Nino based on AHL production and I don't feel AHL production has changed many opinions here from they were before the AHL season started.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

El Nino quite easily

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
PhillyBluesFan

Quote:

Kreider is a star and has played like it at every level: NHL Playoffs, College, Juniors. Only a hater would weigh meaningless AHL season that's nothing more than a time killer for guys who are already in the league.

PhillyBluesFan is offline   Reply With Quote