HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN Future Watch

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he was close to signing with the Rangers this past year. Further, who's to say he can't be in Hartford next season? He's going to be 21, I could see him jumping ship.
I don't see him in Hartford in Lundqvist is gonna be there. As good of a kid as he is, I don't think he'd be happy splitting duties with ANYONE. While that's a good motivating factor, it isn't something the Rangers need right now in Hartford. Now, for the 2006-07 season, if they're competing for a starting job on the big club... that's a different story

Old
03-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Fletch

I do somewhat agree...

but considering they were trying to sign him this past year, I just get the feeling this will be his last in College. The Rangers aren't going to sit around and wait for Lundqvist to come to America. They'll move forward with Montoya, getting him to Hartford as soon as possible, and still try to bring over Lundqvist. Whether Montoya bites is the question, which you believe he won't, and for good reason, but we'll see if he wants to be in Ann Arbor one more year.

Old
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Montoya is fairly unique in one way: a big part of the reason he stayed in school was because he places a lot of importance on his education. Something I think we've all read about.

Who knows what the future will bring though... certainly I think he'll want to remain in Michigan if Lundqvist is gonna be here. If Lundqvist isn't? Well, I have no idea what he'll do. Is he like Jessiman, who had a great freshman season, but not as great of a sophomore season and will want to stay in college to prove something?

Old
03-07-2005, 03:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Montoya is fairly unique in one way: a big part of the reason he stayed in school was because he places a lot of importance on his education. Something I think we've all read about.

Who knows what the future will bring though... certainly I think he'll want to remain in Michigan if Lundqvist is gonna be here. If Lundqvist isn't? Well, I have no idea what he'll do. Is he like Jessiman, who had a great freshman season, but not as great of a sophomore season and will want to stay in college to prove something?
If the Rangers had offered Montoya the max cap for 2004 draft picks like the Rangers gave Dan Blackburn in 2001,Montoya would have bolted Michigan for the Rangers/Hartford.His mother values the education more than Al does.He can always finish his education during the summertime in summer school at Michigan

Old
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Fletch

Tawnos...

there is a question as to whether or not Lundqvist would come over to play in the AHL. I think the kid's NHL or SEL. I'm not sure there's another option he's really considering at this poing. I could be wrong, but he would've been in the AHL this season if that weren't the case, I presume.

Old
03-07-2005, 04:09 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
there is a question as to whether or not Lundqvist would come over to play in the AHL. I think the kid's NHL or SEL. I'm not sure there's another option he's really considering at this poing. I could be wrong, but he would've been in the AHL this season if that weren't the case, I presume.
After the end of last season Lundqvist stated that he would indeed play a season in the AHL if he needed to. I don't see it being a problem from his end.

Old
03-07-2005, 04:09 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I thought I read in an article that Lundqvist was ready to come over to NA next year..and if it meant the AHL first then he was up, ready and excited for it.

Maybe im confusing the name with someone else but I believe it was Lundqvist who said that or something along those lines.

Old
03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Fletch

I think you're both right...

FLY and JC....although I wonder then why he wasn't here this year. I don't know. Would he come over expecting to get called up pretty quickly, but go home if that didn't materialize? I dunno.

Old
03-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
A couple of reasons for Lundqvist staying over, Fletch. First, he had a year left on his contract and did not want to bail on his team in the middle of a contract. Second, with the influx of NHL veterans to the SEL, Lundqvist thought the level of play would be higher in the SEL than the AHL.

Old
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM
aonez

Heres some selected %-stats from the SEL for the regular season:
Henrik Lundqvist 93,55%
Fredrik Norrena 93,45%
Marty Turco 93,18%
Martin Gerber 92,93%
Jose Theodore 91,68%
Miikka Kiprusoff 91,59%
Tommy Salo 90,94%
Pasi Nurminen 89,99%
Manny Fernandez 89,52%
Brian Boucher 88,39%

Old
03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
A couple of reasons for Lundqvist staying over, Fletch. First, he had a year left on his contract and did not want to bail on his team in the middle of a contract. Second, with the influx of NHL veterans to the SEL, Lundqvist thought the level of play would be higher in the SEL than the AHL.

Yep, although I think the Rangers had as much to do in keeping him over there as his personal choice. Remember they would have had to pay Frolunda in order to take away their goaltender. Plus at the time there might have been still thoughts on Blackburn making his way back to the Wolfpack and Montoya taking the money and leaving the Wolverines.

Closed Thread