HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season subscriber renewal offer

Old
04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Chardo

vCash: 500
Season subscriber renewal offer

Just got letter from Isles about renewal options.

Platinum Plan (2-season renewal):
Price lock for next 2 seasons
First round of playoffs free for this season and next two seasons
"Pay As We Play" for other playoff rounds (only charged for each guaranteed home game)
Free VIP parking for next 2 seasons
2 free events at Barclays from a forthcoming list
10 monthly payments
Playoff tix at discounted rates
Playoff bonus strips can be pre-purchased at subscriber playoff rates, based on availability
Player meet and greet, and much more....

Silver Plan (1-season renewal):
Discounted rates
5 monthly payments
1 free event at Barclays
"Pay As We Play" playoff option
Playoff tix at discounted rates
Playoff bonus strips can be pre-purchased at subscriber playoff rates, based on availability
Player meet and greet, and much more....

Thoughts?

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:01 AM
E_Godard

not too bad, just dont like the payment plan... You should get a good 14-18 months to pay off a 2 year plan.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
19 in a row

I think it works for me and am going to take the platinum (there is a gold option too)..I plan to keep them for two years, if i was buying next year i would be paying in next few months anyway, so it is just the second year. in return i get potentially 3 years of 1st round playoff tickets free, locked in prices, free 2 years of parking and free barclays events.. to me this is a win, since i know i will continue buying anyway.. PLUS they gave us 6% interest on the balance of what I paid for this years full season.

I spoke to my rep other day. They are having a terrible time retaining ticket holders for the last two years.. attendance is down this year despite better record and potential playoffs because they are now a lame duck and cant attract any new season ticket holders since it will only be for 1 or 2 years. so this is a bit of desperation on their part if they are going to be here for two more years.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I think it works for me and am going to take the platinum (there is a gold option too)..I plan to keep them for two years, if i was buying next year i would be paying in next few months anyway, so it is just the second year. in return i get potentially 3 years of 1st round playoff tickets free, locked in prices, free 2 years of parking and free barclays events.. to me this is a win, since i know i will continue buying anyway.. PLUS they gave us 6% interest on the balance of what I paid for this years full season.

I spoke to my rep other day. They are having a terrible time retaining ticket holders for the last two years.. attendance is down this year despite better record and potential playoffs because they are now a lame duck and cant attract any new season ticket holders since it will only be for 1 or 2 years. so this is a bit of desperation on their part if they are going to be here for two more years.
Yea that what a figured.
Its not a bad deal. But they should also lower there prices.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Yea that what a figured.
Its not a bad deal. But they should also lower there prices.
I can't complain about price, they are already the lowest prices of any of the local teams that i buy for and have deep discounts off of face.. they are locking in the price for two years (they lowered prices big time last year and upped them slightly this year)... i pay $40 discounted price per seat per game and sit between the blue lines in the low 300s.. I can't complain.. i also have seats behind the goal row 1 of 224 at $56 per game but this was the first time i have had them and prefer the 300s so will just stay there.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
nyscene

As an FYI: the playoff push plan requires a $500 deposit per ticket towards a partial plan next year. Was disappointed when they dropped that little tidbit on me...

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM
dspbathroom

I was contemplating buying a set of season tix. Around how much does it cost after all of the fees and stuff?

dspbathroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:

Hence why the Isles want to move sooner rather than later. Have a one season swan song that will permit them to promote the move to Brooklyn while at the coliseum - something they can't do now.

Also, they need time to market the team in the NYC market. The isles have been lull on the "move" because it would most likely violate their lease. Howvever, once Nassau publicly says the isles are goners, I predict isles will make a massive push to market the team in NYC area. Whatever fans roll over to Brooklyn will be a benefit but the future core of the team (suites/STH) will not be Nassau and Suffolk residents. That's a given.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspbathroom View Post
I was contemplating buying a set of season tix. Around how much does it cost after all of the fees and stuff?
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=88197

Not sure how much fees are involved but there's a link there allowing you to contact a rep and you could just ask I'm sure it's based one what price you're looking to purchase.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:02 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
not too bad, just dont like the payment plan... You should get a good 14-18 months to pay off a 2 year plan.
OMG..He is alive!!!! Miss you brother, hope all is well!

AKA ChrisCampoli
AKA CosmoKramer

04-09-2013, 08:15 PM
dspbathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=88197

Not sure how much fees are involved but there's a link there allowing you to contact a rep and you could just ask I'm sure it's based one what price you're looking to purchase.
Thanks man! Wire fans always hook each other up haha

dspbathroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
im sure its 10 months for 13-14, then another 10 months for 14-15 starting next may

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:19 AM
ktrio730

Send a message via AIM to ktrio730
One of the bonuses for signing up says this:

Playoff Bonus Strips can be purchased at Subscriber Playoff rates rates (based on availability)

If I am reading that correctly, does that mean that I will have the oppurtunity to buy additional ticket sfor the playoffs beyond the seats I buy for some friends and family?

ktrio730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:42 AM
ktrio730

I'm giving in, buying seasons tomorrow. Any help or suggestions?

I bought in to this team. So much fun to watch, they're working hard, and I'm finally ready to return the favor, so to speak.

I know different people get different things, but I would like to know what I should ask for when purchasing. I'm planning on 4 somewhere in the 300's in their playoff push plans. I have a few questions that if any season ticket holder could answer for me before I talk to my rep, I would be grateful.

Do they do things like bring a friend to some games for free?

Can I buy additional tickets to games during the regular season and/or playoffs for friends and family?

What are some of the perks of being the platinum holders? I know of the the meet and greet and little things like the special area at the draft party, but what else have they had in the past? I know they mentioned two barclays events for free (I think) is that something like nets games, or concerts? Do we get a choice?

Can I negotiate the price of the tickets, or only other throw in items like parking? What about free jerseys? lol

What about parking? Can I get that free, or only discounted?

Last but not least, anything else I should know or anything pieces of advice on how I can get the best deal? Much appreciated

Old
04-10-2013, 07:06 AM
StrongIslanders90

Play hard ball and negotiate the best deal possible...THEY WANT YOUR MONEY dont forget that....you hold the cards....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Fantom

Quote:
I can't complain about price, they are already the lowest prices of any of the local teams that i buy for and have deep discounts off of face.. they are locking in the price for two years (they lowered prices big time last year and upped them slightly this year)... i pay $40 discounted price per seat per game and sit between the blue lines in the low 300s.. I can't complain.. i also have seats behind the goal row 1 of 224 at $56 per game but this was the first time i have had them and prefer the 300s so will just stay there.
While that price is not bad. I wonder how you feel about the deals they offer to so many non season ticket holders currently.
They give away a ton of seats Via promos etc. I get tickets all the time for less than 40 per seat. Now i know u get playoffs etc at a discount and non season ticket holders usually have to pay more for those seats. But when a fan go to every game at home and pay half of what you pay how does that make u feel.
That has been what stops me from getting seasons.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
As an FYI: the playoff push plan requires a $500 deposit per ticket towards a partial plan next year. Was disappointed when they dropped that little tidbit on me...
That seems like a large deposit. Is that the plan with free found one ?

Old
04-10-2013, 09:04 AM
nyscene

Quote:
That seems like a large deposit. Is that the plan with free found one ?
No. Had to pay for round one.

I would've ended up droppping $1500+ just for:
The Flyers game
The Rangers game
The Florida game
& the first round (three games).
and reservations for two 8 packs next year.

What really pissed me off is he first told me that they were doing like, $200-250 a person. The minimum we had to buy for next year was an 8 pack each, which he told me starts at like $320 a pop ($40 a seat x 8). He didn't have much explanation on why I had to lay out $500 to reserve something that costs less than that.

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
lorwood

Quote:
While that price is not bad. I wonder how you feel about the deals they offer to so many non season ticket holders currently.
They give away a ton of seats Via promos etc. I get tickets all the time for less than 40 per seat. Now i know u get playoffs etc at a discount and non season ticket holders usually have to pay more for those seats. But when a fan go to every game at home and pay half of what you pay how does that make u feel.
That has been what stops me from getting seasons.
I had this argument with so many Jets season ticket holders (of which I was once one) when they introduced the PSL.

IMHO being a season ticket holder is no longer a financially viable option because it keeps you from buying tickets at true market value, which the secondary market allows.

If the team stinks then the price of the tickets on the secondary market usually reflects that.

If the team is good the same applies.

But the key here is that secondary prices will fluctuate in "real time" and reflect true market value at the time of purchase.

IMHO, over the long haul, season tickets lock you into an aggregate price point that exceeds the actual value of the ticket.

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
ktrio730

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
No. Had to pay for round one.

I would've ended up droppping $1500+ just for:
The Flyers game
The Rangers game
The Florida game
& the first round (three games).
and reservations for two 8 packs next year.

What really pissed me off is he first told me that they were doing like, $200-250 a person. The minimum we had to buy for next year was an 8 pack each, which he told me starts at like $320 a pop ($40 a seat x 8). He didn't have much explanation on why I had to lay out $500 to reserve something that costs less than that.
What do you the 8 packs? What exactly are those?

Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
I had this argument with so many Jets season ticket holders (of which I was once one) when they introduced the PSL.

IMHO being a season ticket holder is no longer a financially viable option because it keeps you from buying tickets at true market value, which the secondary market allows.

If the team stinks then the price of the tickets on the secondary market usually reflects that.

If the team is good the same applies.

But the key here is that secondary prices will fluctuate in "real time" and reflect true market value at the time of purchase.

IMHO, over the long haul, season tickets lock you into an aggregate price point that exceeds the actual value of the ticket.
Of course, the Islanders steeply discount season tickets, and discount them even more for long time ticket holders. For Saturday's Ranger game, for instance, we are paying just a little more than half of face value for our seats. For non "premium" games, the discount is more modest, but still roughly a third.

But the value of seats, at least to us, is more than just about money. We've sat in the same seats for years -- and with many of the same people. It becomes a community and a fun night out even if the team sucks. When things are awful, we piss and moan together. When things go right, well, "We Want Playoffs."

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post
Of course, the Islanders steeply discount season tickets, and discount them even more for long time ticket holders. For Saturday's Ranger game, for instance, we are paying just a little more than half of face value for our seats. For non "premium" games, the discount is more modest, but still roughly a third.

But the value of seats, at least to us, is more than just about money. We've sat in the same seats for years -- and with many of the same people. It becomes a community and a fun night out even if the team sucks. When things are awful, we piss and moan together. When things go right, well, "We Want Playoffs."

Wouldn't miss it for the world.
Since we are talking about discretionary spending you are absolutely correct. We all need this type of spending for a full life.

I was just looking at this from a pure economic standpoint and for some this may be the best way to get both their discretionary spending in while keeping the budget together.

LGI!

Old
04-10-2013, 11:14 AM
lorwood

So I got to thinking about the Islanders current ticket offers and the conspiracy theorist in me started to come out.

Why are the Islanders offering a two year platinum plan that locks in prices when the team seems to be up and coming a a move to a new arena is on the horizon?

Sure the simple answer is to bolster the bottom line and decrease supply thereby upping demand but.............

Could Wang be looking to bolster his 2014-2015 season ticket base now in order to increase his leverage during negotiations to sell the team?

Did we really Land on the moon?

Who shot Kennedy?

Old
04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
So I got to thinking about the Islanders current ticket offers and the conspiracy theorist in me started to come out.

Why are the Islanders offering a two year platinum plan that locks in prices when the team seems to be up and coming a a move to a new arena is on the horizon?

Sure the simple answer is to bolster the bottom line and decrease supply thereby upping demand but.............

Could Wang be looking to bolster his 2014-2015 season ticket base now in order to increase his leverage during negotiations to sell the team?

Did we really Land on the moon?

Who shot Kennedy?
Or it could be he's just trying to cash in on this playoff push and raise the season ticket holder base to pad his own pockets... Still don't buy the whole team being sold thing.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Isles Junkie

I can't afford any of this, but I do like that they are offering "free" VIP Parking. It always seemed ridiculous to me that you spend X amount of $ for season tickets & then they still charge you for parking. Seems like that should be included.

At least parking isn't terribly overpriced @ NVMC. IIRC it's 10 bucks. not too bad. at Citi Field it's 20. or at least it was last year. Wilpons should be shot.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote