HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Division Rivalries Will Be More/Less Intense?

View Poll Results: Which Division Rivalry Amperage Increased the Most?
Toronto: They're Still Butt Hurt About Segin & He's Going to be Ridiculous This Season 0 0%
Ottawa: Strong Young Team - Games Should Be Great 0 0%
Montreal: Prust, Armstrong & Boullion - That's Toughness for Montreal 19 31.67%
Buffalo: John Scott & Steve Ott - That Sounds Like Fun 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
ORRMAN

vCash: 500
Which Division Rivalries Will Be More/Less Intense?

For my money, the two teams that toughened up (Montreal and Buffalo) did so as a direct result of their inability to match-up against the Bruins (think Paciorrety and Miller, respectively). You know that Montreal and Buffalo fans have been calling for their teams to "man-up," and they (the fans) are going to be amped up against the Bruins (I think this is especially true in Buffalo with Scott as a legitimate heavy-weight).

Ottawa is a good young team, and those games should be great. Toronto? Who knows.

My order of rivalry amperage change (i.e., increase):

1. Buffalo
2. Montreal
3. Ottawa
4. Toronto

What do you think?

Last edited by ORRMAN: 01-06-2013 at 10:20 PM.
ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
ProdigalFan
StillDontGrowOnTrees

Isn't the other Buffalo addition Steve Ott? Sean Avery retired from hockey, chucked his skates into the river and is now a male model in NYC, right?

ProdigalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
ORRMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
Isn't the other Buffalo addition Steve Ott? Sean Avery retired from hockey, chucked his skates into the river and is now a male model in NYC, right?
I always mix up those two guys. I'll fix that.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:28 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Accidently voted for Montreal, meant to vote for Buffalo

Buffalo is still ******** about lucic miller incident, 2010 defeat, always falling short of expectations...with added toughness and agitation they will be looking for something to prove. Look for them to play that much harder against Boston

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:31 PM
ORRMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Accidently voted for Montreal, meant to vote for Buffalo

Buffalo is still ******** about lucic miller incident, 2010 defeat, always falling short of expectations...with added toughness and agitation they will be looking for something to prove. Look for them to play that much harder against Boston
I agree.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Krupp

Honestly, I voted for Montreal, but i'm torn between them and buffalo. I dislike both teams already as it is, but with the recent additions they received, I'd now say buffalo.

I actually like and respect Bouillon, but that's probably because I'm only 5'4 on a good day. And I have nothing against Prust either. Ott though? I hate that guy.

Krupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:57 AM
BlackNgold 84

ITs buffalo and its not even close WHEN IT COMES TO THIS POLL. They added scott and ott for a reason. The bruins vs habs rivalry will always be there.. this is a "manufactured" possible rivalry that will be there because of hate/anger/embarassment. Thank god for the lockout ending

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

No one is going to waste their time with John Scott... and Steve Ott is well...Steve Ott.

Montreal as always for me.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Lucic will have to go with Scott if Thornton dodges him.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

I'm going to set the Over/Under on Chara-Scott fights at 1.5.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:15 AM
flannelman
They're,Their,There

vCash: 920
I think Buffalo is trying too hard. This is 'act tough' behavior - but we know Ott can't back it up. Scott.. well, Scott is big but I'd rather he spend copious amounts of time on the ice - leaving their D out of position.

Prust knows his role, but he got a hell of a contract - I'm sure MTL is going to have some pressure on him to bring some heat - but, again, I think the Bruins will be fine. Every game with MTL is intense - but to me the key to those games is, when away, survive the first 10 mintues and then don't make any glaring mistakes.

Toronto. I had high hopes when Burke took over and then brought in Komisuckit. But there isn't much there, imo.

I always like OTT games - but unless Neil really has something under his bonnet then there isn't a ton going on. They lost Konopka and Carkner, right? I think this will be the quietest series.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I went Montreal but it was close with Buffalo. I think because of the rivalry and the supposed added toughness it will add a new dimension to the B's habs games. Buffalo is a close second if not simply a tie. Ottawa and then Toronto. The leafs really lack any true toughness at this point with the exception of Brown.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:28 AM
ODAAT

Ott will cherry pick his spots, passing up offer after offer til a player on the tail end of a shift obliges him and Scott???? Who the heck cares, if Ruff plays that pilon a minute more than 5 mins a game he's in trouble.
Could care less about the "toughness" of the Sabres, and the Habs??? Prust is solid toughness but it's hardly like they can match the B's overall toughness.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:31 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Buffalo has a score to settle. Much like when the Bruins brought in Thornton and Lucic. They need to get their manhood back. Will be interesting to see if the Bruins take them up on their offers.

Montreal will be fun with the Armstrong-White-Prust line.

Ottawa went back to being soft.

Toronto will be fun if Orr comes back...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:53 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Ott will cherry pick his spots, passing up offer after offer til a player on the tail end of a shift obliges him and Scott???? Who the heck cares, if Ruff plays that pilon a minute more than 5 mins a game he's in trouble.
Could care less about the "toughness" of the Sabres, and the Habs??? Prust is solid toughness but it's hardly like they can match the B's overall toughness.
I still think its gonna be fun to watch. The sabres fans going on about how scott will go after looch.. really? its not his fight if you think about it. He wasn't on the team when he ran miller. So now scott gets on the ice and fights thornton.. ok.. end of story. I think what happens when ott gets on the ice will be the best. I can see a few bruins going after him and tuning him up in this season.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:12 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I still think its gonna be fun to watch. The sabres fans going on about how scott will go after looch.. really? its not his fight if you think about it. He wasn't on the team when he ran miller. So now scott gets on the ice and fights thornton.. ok.. end of story. I think what happens when ott gets on the ice will be the best. I can see a few bruins going after him and tuning him up in this season.
Looch will go with Scott... Scott's card sucks. Looch may or may not win, but he is no McGrattan, or even Carkner.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Looch will go with Scott... Scott's card sucks. Looch may or may not win, but he is no McGrattan, or even Carkner.
You're spot on w/ all this stuff.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Therick67

The more Scott is on the ice, the better it is for the Bruins. The guy can't play.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
The more Scott is on the ice, the better it is for the Bruins. The guy can't play.
He's not there to play. Once teams don't take him up on his offer he will start becoming a scratch... I will say though, the East is tough.

MacIntyre, Shelley, Carkner, Barch, Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Orr (maybe), Parros, Erskine, Harrison....

Scott will have his takers. I doubt he'll hold up... He doesn't have the Nilan/Miller/Laraque/Probert tenacity of wanting it every night. He's a spot picker who will be hard pressed to fight the other teams heavy night in and night out. Will only take one guy to lay him out to break his will.

Buffalo is playing this the wrong way. You don't poke the bear. The more emotional they play, the better they play. If the Bruins play Buffalo before McQuaid gets back, I make sure MacDermid is in the lineup...Buffalo also only has one John Scott...they try to goon it up, Chara and he go... So now who takes on the rest?

Chara, Thornton, Lucic, MacDermid.... Good luck Buffalo.

Last edited by WBC8: 01-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Scotto74
First in line...

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's not there to play. Once teams don't take him up on his offer he will start becoming a scratch... I will say though, the East is tough.

MacIntyre, Shelley, Carkner, Barch, Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Orr (maybe), Parros, Erskine, Harrison....

Scott will have his takers. I doubt he'll hold up... He doesn't have the Nilan/Miller/Laraque/Probert tenacity of wanting it every night. He's a spot picker who will be hard pressed to fight the other teams heavy night in and night out. Will only take one guy to lay him out to break his will.
looking forward to some good heavyweight fights this year. With games meaning so much more and more division games there is going to be some good ones I think.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
I'd like to see that fight.. but i can see claude telling him not to fight like he did a few years back. What I should've said about sabres fans "Scott will get revenge for us" **** which is hilarious. Scott doesn't give a **** about looch running miller last year. They're gonna fight because they're the two baddest dudes on the ice. Thats it. God i hope the first home game is against buffalo.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
jasonbaz77*

If intensity means fighting then it's Buffalo. Too bad it's devolved to that because that team stinks.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:33 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Buffalo has a score to settle. Much like when the Bruins brought in Thornton and Lucic. They need to get their manhood back. Will be interesting to see if the Bruins take them up on their offers.

Montreal will be fun with the Armstrong-White-Prust line.

Ottawa went back to being soft.

Toronto will be fun if Orr comes back...
Gonna be a lot of fun.

Moen, Prust, White, Bouillon, all good fighters, Armstrong isn't a fighter tho

I am looking forward to seeing Bouillon vs Ference, two of the toughnest pound for pound guys in the league.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
m0rieris

Can MacDermid actually fight? He's often listed as someone who fights, but how well does he actually perform? He has height/reach, but I don't believe he's actually someone who brings that much intimidation?

m0rieris is offline   Reply With Quote