HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

TV Ratings?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
It's the same thing here, most the US games were on at 3am central time. Also, the games were on NHL network, which is usually on a pay for view monthly tier of satellite or cable TV, an extra 15 bucks a month or so. I gladly pay it , international hockey rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
The US interest in the tourney is growing in the hockey community. However
its still non - existent as a sports news worthy item. This writer is going way overboard.
You'd be surprised how many people you ask know or followed it. ESPN showed US beating Canada, I don't know about anything else though. I know a good amount of kids that either woke up to watch it or at least tried to wake up, and there was a lot of people that knew the scores, like they regularly checked the tournament, even with the weird times.

In the hockey community, it's definitely growing in the US.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
You have to pay for the right to own a TV? wow. I thought the USA had the market cornered on consumer tax abuse. People in the US gladly pay over 150 bucks a month for TV .They complain but in the end they pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotzig View Post
I guess it's probably the same in Finland as here in Sweden -- we pay for independent public service radio and TV. Kind of like PBS in America I'd guess, but not nearly as ****** as I understand it.

On the flipside, you have to be insanely creative to spend 150$ a month for cable/sat in Sweden.
It was called a tv licensing fee, which last year was around 250-280 euros. Not nearly everyone paid it though, my self included. They replaced it with YLE tax (YLE = Yleisradio = Finnish national broadcasting company, equivalent of SVT and CBC, though unlike the latter, not allowed to broadcast commercials), which everyone paid depending on their income. The unemployed or small income folk don't pay anything or very little. My tax percentage went up I think about 3% and only because I've done some part time work for the mail service.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
You'd be surprised how many people you ask know or followed it. ESPN showed US beating Canada, I don't know about anything else though. I know a good amount of kids that either woke up to watch it or at least tried to wake up, and there was a lot of people that knew the scores, like they regularly checked the tournament, even with the weird times.

In the hockey community, it's definitely growing in the US.
Its miniscule. Everatings relative. A regular NCAA women's bb game I'm sure spanked it on ratings.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote