HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

My weekend of games!

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2005, 07:26 PM
DJmastamind

vCash: 500
My weekend of games!

Here is how my weekend went. GAME 1- We won 4-2. I had 2 assists. The refs were horrible, they couldn't even call offsides..I'm serious they missed at least 5 calls. The game got dirty instantly through the 1st period, ever time I touched the puck I got cracked! No joke. I got pushed into the goalie, the whistle blew, I got cross checked while I was on my knees by a defenseman, and slashed by the goalie. Grrrr!!! Whatever though we were winning. Then next shift my teammate flicks the puck over the net from the back I knock it down into the net, they waive it off for a high stick, and I get cross checked!!!! No penalties called either time. Finally in the 3rd period I get punched in the face, I got after the other player, missed my check, and still get called for roughing.

GAME 2- This went better. kinda. We played the first place team, and beat them 4-0. Again I had 2 assists. First we were fighting for the puck, I push the other player out of the way, and get called for holding. ?? I didn't know pushing was a penalty. Whatever. The whole game they were throwing elbows, and cross checks. I'm in front of the net I get punched in the face, I turn around and put my glove over the other player's facemask, I then get tackled from behind, my head driven into the goal post and my stick breaks in half. I used a Bauer Tri-Flex Gold..well not anymore. I couldn't finish the game b/c i didn't have a stick. Well I get a penalty for roughing I go crazy. At the end of the game I told the ref if he didn't want to be here, turn in your USA hockey card. I also told the other team's coach he should buy me a new stick. Seriously I have no idea how you break a composite stick unless your 250 pounds!!!

That was my weekend, at least we got 2 wins on the road, and i've got a huge headache. Oh BTW....Any Stick Recommendations?

Thanks

Old
02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
WVP

vCash: 500
Actually, it's not very difficult to break a composite stick.

Closed Thread