HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
NYR have a problem with Redden obviously. They need to shed that salary. Ottawa has a need for a veteran defenceman and has a ton of cap space. Would you take Wade back if he came with the Rangers first round pick? Say Redden and a first for Daugavins?
Not to nitpick but the Rangers traded their first to Columbus in the Nash trade.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Honestly, I think Melnyk would veto that deal, unless the Rangers offered to pay part of the salary.
Probably only pick him up on re-entry waivers were rangers pay 1/2 the salary.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:14 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Answer me this, have you seen Redden play? The guy can barely do well in the A.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Probably only pick him up on re-entry waivers were rangers pay 1/2 the salary.
I don't think there is re-entry waivers anymore.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they got rid of it in the new CBA.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I don't think there is re-entry waivers anymore.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they got rid of it in the new CBA.
That would make sense.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Answer me this, have you seen Redden play? The guy can barely do well in the A.
It's not about Redden. It's about getting a first round pick back. I know they traded it. But 2014, whatever. It was just a scenario. If Redden was Swedish, you'd be on that like white on rice.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:32 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Good point about NYI. We just have to wait out the season-ending injury for DP.

ANA's got three goalies on one-way deals on top of the WJC MVP and best young goalie in Europe from last year, I can't imagine they'd come calling.

According to comments made by Staples and Botta between the end of last season and several days ago, the Isles aren't counting on DiPietro. They don't feel they can. Isles are comfortable with Nabby+ either Poulin/Nilson.

So, whether DiPietro gets a season-ending injury or not, the isles won't be sending anything for Bishop.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-09-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 11:36 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Bishop for Ericsson, McBain, Fayne, Lydman, MacDonald, Visnovsky or Stone. All guys I'd be interested in, probably half of which would be available. We have to add for most of them, I'd guess.
Isles are looking to add defense, not trade it away.

They will be one of the last teams in the league, moving a top 4 blueliner for goaltending.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:44 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
It's not about Redden. It's about getting a first round pick back. I know they traded it. But 2014, whatever. It was just a scenario. If Redden was Swedish, you'd be on that like white on rice.
Go home kid, you're drunk.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Go home kid, you're drunk.
How so?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:53 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
How so?
Alcohol is a drug that is absorbed into the bloodstream from the stomach and small intestine. It is broken down by the liver and then eliminated from the body.

As alcohol reaches the brain, you'll start to "feel" drunk. This feeling varies from one person to the next, and one situation to the next. In all situations, alcohol depresses the brain and slows down its ability to control the body and the mind.

Alcohol acts like a sedative and slows down muscle coordination, reflexes, movement and speech. If you drink too much alcohol, your breathing or heart rate can reach dangerously low levels or even stop.

... hope I was able to clear that up.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Alcohol is a drug that is absorbed into the bloodstream from the stomach and small intestine. It is broken down by the liver and then eliminated from the body.

As alcohol reaches the brain, you'll start to "feel" drunk. This feeling varies from one person to the next, and one situation to the next. In all situations, alcohol depresses the brain and slows down its ability to control the body and the mind.

Alcohol acts like a sedative and slows down muscle coordination, reflexes, movement and speech. If you drink too much alcohol, your breathing or heart rate can reach dangerously low levels or even stop.

... hope I was able to clear that up.
Lol oh I see. Ok, so I AM drunk then.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:56 AM
derriko

I thought I read somewhere that a team can take up to 3.5 million per year of a traded contract. If true, I think that makes Redden more interesting. I still think they will package him with decent assets to avoid listing him on the roster and never letting him touch the ice.

So if Reddens only costs us 3 million for the last 48+82 games, would you take him with a second attached or something similar?

Old
01-10-2013, 02:16 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I thought I read somewhere that a team can take up to 3.5 million per year of a traded contract. If true, I think that makes Redden more interesting. I still think they will package him with decent assets to avoid listing him on the roster and never letting him touch the ice.

So if Reddens only costs us 3 million for the last 48+82 games, would you take him with a second attached or something similar?
Yes, with the cap space we have it is worth getting one of our best players ever to 1000 games.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Yes, with the cap space we have it is worth getting one of our best players ever to 1000 games.
Redden is a $750K player now... to take him on at like $3 million for the next two years if the Rangers pick up a lot of his salary is nuts. We don't want to pay like $4 or $5 million for a 2nd round draft pick.

I don't want Redden at all. But if anyone wants him on the Sens they should want him for less then $1 million on a one year deal with the expectation he is the 6/7 defenceman. No one should want to pay a 6/7 D-Man $3 million.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post

No, I don't understand the fascination with bringing back former players around here. Redden is gone, let's move on. He's clearly a terrible hockey player now, and we saw he was regressing in his last 2 seasons here, which was 5 years ago. Personally, I'm more interested in putting the best team on the ice than seeing Redden come back just so he can play his 1000th game. Great guy, I have nothing but good things to say about him as a person, but he's done as a hockey player at the NHL level.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:50 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
Redden is a $750K player now... to take him on at like $3 million for the next two years if the Rangers pick up a lot of his salary is nuts. We don't want to pay like $4 or $5 million for a 2nd round draft pick.

I don't want Redden at all. But if anyone wants him on the Sens they should want him for less then $1 million on a one year deal with the expectation he is the 6/7 defenceman. No one should want to pay a 6/7 D-Man $3 million.
We have the amnesty buy out. If we did acquire him though trade we could use it

Old
01-10-2013, 02:52 AM
take a peek

redden, seriously ?!?.......

yeah yeah >>>"half salary, 1000 games, mentor young guys, solid player player hurt by own contract, acquire draft pick, salary cap room to do it"

......whoever is supporting this needs their head checked......

Old
01-10-2013, 02:53 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by take a peak View Post
redden, seriously ?!?.......

yeah yeah >>>"half salary, 1000 games, mentor young guys, solid player player hurt by own contract, acquire draft pick, salary cap room to do it"

......whoever is supporting this needs their head checked......
Maybe the people who aren't have a short memory

Old
01-10-2013, 03:03 AM
EpicNeilTime

What everyone has to understand here is that Redden is awful. Let's talk about something else.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:07 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
What everyone has to understand here is that Redden is awful. Let's talk about something else.
6 games out of 82 (with sheltered minutes) is almost no impact on the season or the rebuild. Nobody is saying give him more then that unless he plays well enough to earn it

Old
01-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
6 games out of 82 (with sheltered minutes) is almost no impact on the season or the rebuild. Nobody is saying give him more then that unless he plays well enough to earn it
He could cost us some points in those 6 games. I mean, if you only want him to come back so he can play his 1000th game, why don't we just sign him to a 1 year deal at a low salary when the Rangers buy him out this summer?

Old
01-10-2013, 03:20 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Panaflex View Post
He could cost us some points in those 6 games. I mean, if you only want him to come back so he can play his 1000th game, why don't we just sign him to a 1 year deal at a low salary when the Rangers buy him out this summer?
That's what I have been suggesting. I only said I would trade for him if the Rangers took some of the salary, and we go more in return.

Also, how many points did Matt Gilroy cost us? (He played more then 6 games btw)

Old
01-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
That's what I have been suggesting. I only said I would trade for him if the Rangers took some of the salary, and we go more in return.

Also, how many points did Matt Gilroy cost us? (He played more then 6 games btw)
Matt Gilroy doesn't make 6.5 million a year with another year left on the deal.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:23 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Panaflex View Post
Matt Gilroy doesn't make 6.5 million a year with another year left on the deal.
Did you not read my post? I said just sign him when his bought out, unless he is part of a good package.

Closed Thread