HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 01:40 PM
topshelfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Don Brennan on asking Sergei Gonchar about trade rumours:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/11/...-training-camp

Old
01-12-2013, 01:40 PM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
Holy **** some these posts are really long.
Does anyone know when trades/signings can start, is it today?
Whenever its gets ratified by the lawyers and signed, BobbyMac has said they have been working on it since the morning.

I think it gets done this afternoon, then the trades will come soon after.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
It's even funnier in video form (at 2mins). When Gonchar asks who started the rumour, the reporter sounds so guilty. Never heard an extended interview of Gonchar but he is very well spoken
video.senators.nhl.com

Old
01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Not sure if serious... This would be an horrible trade for the Sens... Not because Yandle and Gormley are not good but we'd be killing our forwards depht instantly... We give up an actual 1st liner and 2 other guys that will probably end up top-6ers or better as well

And we'd do that only to fix the current problem for the next 48 games? If Cowen wasn't injured, we wouldn't even have those discussions. Not to mention, it would create a really big logjam for the future...

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Wiercioch/UFA/Trade
Phillips-Ceci/Borowiecki/Wiercioch/Gryba
Borowiecki/Gryba

Where do you insert Yandle and Gormley? If they are here, what do you do with Ceci, Wiercioch, Wikstrand, etc. long term ???

It's not because one poster says that Methot is a 6th that we have to read what he says as gospel... the opposite actually. Methot is easily a top-4 (no PP though) and he will prove it soon. Cowen-Karlsson has trememdous potential and I believe we will produce another top-4 with Wiercioch/Ceci/Wikstrand... We have enough depht to fill the 3rd pairing

I like the potential of a defense built around Lehner-Bishop and Cowen-Karlsson-Ceci-Wiercioch-Wikstrand enough to not sacrifice Zibanejad, Michalek AND Stone.

The opposite is also true... Example, we'd have to add on Milan Michalek to get Josh Gorges...

Then why don't you say WHY it would "get a laugh"... because with the way you said it, it looked like value was way off... and while I think it wasn't an adequate package for Yandle, it's not like Zibanejad and Wiercioch are throw-in prospects.

You'd be crazy not to go with Sidney Crosby... just for marketing reasons.
HArd to compare Boro and Wiercioch..not even the same game. Boro is defence first and tough as nails, Wiercioch is offense only and soft as puppy ****.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Wiercioch is not "soft as puppy ****"

Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
HArd to compare Boro and Wiercioch..not even the same game. Boro is defence first and tough as nails, Wiercioch is offense only and soft as puppy ****.
Did Weir run over your dog or something? Weir isn't soft but he's also not a punishing threat on the blue line, at least he's not as soft as Kuba.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:08 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Get with the program guys. Positional defense and use of a long active stick = soft. No one's ever won a Norris playing that brand of hockey.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Over the last several years I've understood the need to be patient as we tore this team down and started to rebuild. After watching some of our young talent start to mature, specifically in the AHL, I'm really starting to get excited about the potential of this team.

The scenario that keeps coming up for me is this:

We all expect Bryan to make a trade over the next couple of days and I'm hoping it is for a young, legit #3/4 d-man. The trade will be centered around a roster player (eg. Ben Bishop, Regin, Zach Smith - man he would be tough to give up on) and one or two of our prospects.

With Gonchar leaving at the end of this year and all of our cap space, we then make a huge splash in the free agent market. We make a move for Corey Perry and another #2/3 d-man such as Edler. With a year of valuable NHL experience for our young defenders (Boroweicki, Weircioch etc.) that will be forced to play and with Cowen coming back healthy this team would move to contender status.

Forwards
Michalek - Spezza - Perry

Zibanejad - Turris - Silfverberg (a young line but very responsible defensively - some BIG shots on that line)
OR
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfie (if he comes back)

Greening - Smith - Stone
Condra - O'Brien - Neil

Defence
Karlsson
Cowen
Edler
Trade
Methot
Phillips
Weircioch

Goal
Anderson
Lehner

My only concern with this scenario (beyond the liklihood of signing two big name free agents ) is Zibanejad but if he isn't ready then you make a move like Murray made this year by signing a guy like Latendresse to a short deal. The Sens would then give Zibanejad another season in the minors and use him as the first emergency call-up.

So, am I that far off?

Last edited by FlapJackKing: 01-12-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I like the fact that I said that someone proposed a trade on the main board and everyone jumps on me. Fine, I will defend it anyways.
As far as giving up our prospects,

Silf>Hoffman>Stone>Da Costa>Zibby

We still keep our 2 best for the future and we have Noesen and Puempel coming down the pipeline.
I appreciate the effort and not sure if your post was directed at me (I don't think I "jumped" on you, it was more to the trade proposal), just saying that we don't need TWO more top-4 D-men... and that it wouldn't be worth it to sacrifice that much offense

Cowen-Karlsson-New guy-Ceci-Wiercioch-Wikstrand : let these guys battle it out for the top-4 (talking more about long term)

For the spots 5-6-7,we still have our veteran Phillips and we have the prospects needed (like Borowiecki, Gryba, Blood, Claesson...) to fill it up or we can always bring guys like Lundin, etc.

The "new guy" is needed to replace Cowen this year and Gonchar next year. The new guy could also be Wiercioch... I don't know, this guy could surprise us. I'm all for giving him a big opportunity now, I don't expect the Sens to win the Cup anyway, so what do we have to lose?

Also, there's no way that Hoffman is a better prospect than Zibby and Stone... In fact, I'd put them like this :

Silf>Zibby>Stone>Da Costa>Hoffman

Quote:
Addressing offence,

Have you seen the list of UFA's next summer?

Semin, Perry, Getzlaf, Horton, Bouchard, Clowe, Cullen, Ryder etc etc etc

We can find someone to fill Milans hole, just depends on how much they want to spend.
I don't like to bank on UFAs to fill needs. Ottawa isn't exactly a top priority destination for big free agents. Hopefully, Murray connection with Perry can help but even then, not banking on that sorry.

I'm ok with sacrificing a forward prospect but not Michalek and 2 /3 of our best forward prospects...

I'm sure we could get a quality young top-4 D-man with a Stone+Bishop+Gryba package for example (that's if Stone value is very high right now)

IMO, Lehner, Zibanejad and Silfverberg are untouchables (+ Turris, Karlsson, Cowen and Spezza)... I would also keep Michalek as long as possible, while our young forwards developp. We'd have to give Dany Heatley to get him and trading him now for anything short of overpayment would be stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Call me crazy but i'll take the generizational talent that isnt one hit away from retiring.
Owners have to think $ first... You're not doing it well. Crosby = a lot of those $, just for merchandise.

I also think Crosby will survive all his adversity and be a great player. Great men can go through a lot of adversity and you can see that Crosby despite his flaws is a winner.

Quote:
No idea why you are quoting... I didn't even compared those players...

As for your comment, I liked FQL's answer

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

2nd line is too young.

I would do

Zibanejad/Spezza/Perry
Michalek/Turris/Silfverberg

to balance it

Old
01-12-2013, 04:25 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
2nd line is too young.

I would do

Zibanejad/Spezza/Perry
Michalek/Turris/Silfverberg

to balance it
I thought so too but man there would be some huge shots on that young line. Of course all of this assumes Alfie doesn't come back.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
Did Weir run over your dog or something? Weir isn't soft but he's also not a punishing threat on the blue line, at least he's not as soft as Kuba.
No he ran into my dog and my dog knocked him down! Watch him he nearly loses every battle in the offensive end,seldom gets the puck. Wideman who is much smaller does a better job in his own end. He put on all this "muscle" and he still seems weak. Granted I like big hits but I also like effective defence and I just don't see much coming from him. IMO His +- is good because he is paired up with Benoit. I like Boro's play better.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
No he ran into my dog and my dog knocked him down! Watch him he nearly loses every battle in the offensive end,seldom gets the puck. Wideman who is much smaller does a better job in his own end. He put on all this "muscle" and he still seems weak. Granted I like big hits but I also like effective defence and I just don't see much coming from him. IMO His +- is good because he is paired up with Benoit. I like Boro's play better.
That is literally the opposite of how PW has been this year. He has been great at both ends of the ice, and has easily been Bingos top Dman.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
unfortunately for you, the games winner is whomever has the most goals, not most hits. May I direct your attention to boxing?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:05 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

Provided he's healthy and happy when this season ends, I feel more certain then not that Alfie WILL be back in 13-14 because of A) the shortened season and he's so well rested right now B) people will argue Money is not a factor with Alfie which is true but keep in mind he's losing 44% of his already low 1 Million salary for this year. If he can still go, I could definitely see him signing a 1 year 4 or 5 mill contract in the offseason. Maybe a little inflated but we have SO much cap space and it would be a kind gesture. I think he'll be back for 1 more next year

Old
01-12-2013, 05:11 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Let's see some moves!!!

Old
01-12-2013, 05:21 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
I think he'll be back for 1 more next year
Money nor health are the issues. It's about his family and committing to training rigorously in the summer on which he decides. He made a decision last summer, and now he's a year older and will make it once again. I'm just happy he didn't retire in 07.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Money nor health are the issues. It's about his family and committing to training rigorously in the summer on which he decides. He made a decision last summer, and now he's a year older and will make it once again. I'm just happy he didn't retire in 07.
Health weighs into how he feels about committing to training rigorously in the summer

Old
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

If we get Perry and another young defense man while Alfredsson plays good this year, we will see him come back and I can almost guarantee he will contend for the Conference and the cup. That's a big IF but not impossible.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Unless someone dangles a high priced top 4 D with term for a medium prospect as a future salary dump I don't see Bryan Murray making a pre-season trade. He did say a team doesn't have to make a trade before they play some games and that most teams will want to see what they have first.

They promised Benoit a chance for signing with Bingo and the way the Tim and Bryan Murray have been pumping up PW I suspect they'll start with those 2 as the 3rd pairing.

As per Bryan, some GMs have been inquiring about the 2 young goalies if the D don't work out within 3-4 games and Lehner continues to impress then expect Bishop to be swapped for an experienced D.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Unless someone dangles a high priced top 4 D with term for a medium prospect as a future salary dump I don't see Bryan Murray making a pre-season trade. He did say a team doesn't have to make a trade before they play some games and that most teams will want to see what they have first.

They promised Benoit a chance for signing with Bingo and the way the Tim and Bryan Murray have been pumping up PW I suspect they'll start with those 2 as the 3rd pairing.

As per Bryan, some GMs have been inquiring about the 2 young goalies if the D don't work out within 3-4 games and Lehner continues to impress then expect Bishop to be swapped for an experienced D.
This is the best way I can look at it as well

Old
01-12-2013, 10:35 PM
18Hossa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
She kicked my dog. (some swearing.)

Old
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

MOU signed.....I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of Hjalmarsson or Leddy are in an Ottawa uniform in the very near future.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
MOU signed.....I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of Hjalmarsson or Leddy are in an Ottawa uniform in the very near future.
Man I hope so. I would love to have either one of them.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
You spelled "Edler" wrong.

Closed Thread