Send a message to Jacobs

Old
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Not to mention you can start enjoying that $9,000 you've already spent.

I'm glad for you, Susan. Enjoy the games.
You too

01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
So sweet I just had to tweet that.
That's what it's all about my good friend...

RetiredWBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
RetiredWBC8

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Every sport in my life time has had lockouts and strikes. There has been an entire hockey season cancelled, a World Series cancelled, and a NFL that used entire squads of replacement players and counted the games. If I took this personal I would have never had the rush of seeing Viniteari split the up rights and with it a Super Bowl out of nowhere; seen the amazing Red Sox comeback in 2004, or seen that epic game 7 celebration June 15th- that every June 15th will remind me of that Cup.

I never looked at this as anything more than thorns on a rose- the crappy side that hurts if you let it but in the end gives way to what matters.
Funny, first thing I thought of was, what if I quit last lockout out and missed June 15th, 2011?

RetiredWBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
misterjaggers

vCash: 500
82 games is too long anyways.

Last edited by misterjaggers: 01-07-2013 at 09:19 PM.
misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Feel the same way.

And telling people that they are stupid if they do some kind of boycott/don't spend their money/won't watch is as stupid as telling people they are sheep if they do watch/do spend money/do support the team and league.

Everyone do exactly what your personal value system makes you want to do and enjoy. Everyone else can continue to judge those people, just keep it to yourself.

I hope that everyone that is excited for the league and doesn't care about the lockout gets a great season and they have fun. I just won't be amongst you.
Well said, EM, per usual.
not like I'm a STH or get to see the B's play in person very often, but I have been a fan of this team for over 40 years now. And I'm torn now. Support or boycott? I lean towards boycott. I would love it if NHL arenas were empty (save for a bunch of loud crickets) on "Opening Night 2013," but I know that won't realistically happen.

LA has a banner to raise, Minnesota fans have waited a long time to see their 2 prized free agent studs, Oilers fans can't wait to see their 3rd straight #1 overall pick make his NHL debut, and long-time Bruins fans like all of you are hungry for another Cup run. Arenas will be full in NY, TO, BC and many places in between. Maybe not in FLA or CLB or NSH or PHX, so the lockout will surely be felt there most of all.

I became a die-hard Minnesota college hockey fan in 2004/05, because of that season's disastrous lockout. I am sure I'm always bleed Black n Gold, but I will resist spending many more of my hard-earned entertainment dollars on this greedy league in the future.

STH's and the die-hard fans will continue to support. I spent a ridiculous amount of money so I could be in the Garden in October 2011 to see that damned banner get raised in person.....but that was a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing now. At least I got to meet nice folks like Ladyfan Susan and sister Wendy and DKH and Everett Mike that night too.

I'll still be here, just trollin'.......go B's.
Lauri from Tacoma

Lam7825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
82 games is too long anyways.
It's great for us as fans, hard on the players. Half the battle is making the playoffs w/o being too banged up.

It also makes every other professional athlete look like a total ***** in comparison. Not that the game, or the athletes who play it, will ever get respect they deserve for it. They never have. At least that's always been my opinion, anyway.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
It's great for us as fans, hard on the players. Half the battle is making the playoffs w/o being too banged up.

It also makes every other professional athlete look like a total ***** in comparison. Not that the game, or the athletes who play it, will ever get respect they deserve for it. They never have. At least that's always been my opinion, anyway.
I'm always amused that a mediocre baseball player easily commands a salary that fans would scream is an overpayment for a good hockey player. Which is a key reason why Tom Glavine chose baseball over hockey. Easier, and a hell of a lot more lucrative.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
well #1 was always the case. Bruins have spent to the cap since it was created for the most part.

the others are things from a long time ago and while he never spent the cash to get over the top the Bruins were always in the top of the NHL for salary. But again that was a long time ago and why I said he will be hated until he dies or the older generation Bruins fans do. People can't let go of the old and accept the fact that he is a very very good owner now for reasons others have stated in this thread.
The caps only been in place for 7 years.

I have let go to some degree, but when others tell me how good/great he is as an owner I know thats alot of bull***. He got 'good' because this franchise turned into a joke and he killed the most loyal fanbase in the city, who stopped spending money.

JJ earned the 'hate' he's had directed at him. He's no martar.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
The caps only been in place for 7 years.

I have let go to some degree, but when others tell me how good/great he is as an owner I know thats alot of bull***. He got 'good' because this franchise turned into a joke and he killed the most loyal fanbase in the city, who stopped spending money.

JJ earned the 'hate' he's had directed at him. He's no martar.
never said he was a martar. I agree that the team went to hell and lost a lot of fans but my opinion is that was more the fault of the Hockey guy Sinden not the owner. Does the owner have final say sure and JJ should have canned Sinden long before he did by my opinion is JJ has always been a hands off owner and let the Hockey guys run things. That is not something new with Chia it's just that Chia/Cam know what they are doing and Sinden & OC were total morons.

my opinion anyway.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Pie O My

If I ever get a parrot for a pet the 1st thing i'll teach him/her is He spends to the cap. Braaack braccck....HE SPENDS TO THE CAP...SPENDS TO THE CAP...braack braack.

bottom line - Pats, Bruins. Switch ownership. What happens to those respective labor issues in each league?

Game. Set. Match...JJ haters.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
never said he was a martar. I agree that the team went to hell and lost a lot of fans but my opinion is that was more the fault of the Hockey guy Sinden not the owner. Does the owner have final say sure and JJ should have canned Sinden long before he did by my opinion is JJ has always been a hands off owner and let the Hockey guys run things. That is not something new with Chia it's just that Chia/Cam know what they are doing and Sinden & OC were total morons.

my opinion anyway.
I think there's a little more to it, but I agree with you.

I give JJ credit for figuring it out, another cup or two and I might even start to like the guy

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:13 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
If I ever get a parrot for a pet the 1st thing i'll teach him/her is He spends to the cap. Braaack braccck....HE SPENDS TO THE CAP...SPENDS TO THE CAP...braack braack.

bottom line - Pats, Bruins. Switch ownership. What happens to those respective labor issues in each league?

Game. Set. Match...JJ haters.
His ownership is certainly more on the side of disgraceful than benevolent, that's for sure. I just can't muster up any real hate for the guy any more though, at most it's just a strong distaste I have now. I must be getting soft the older I get.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

For all the "Send Jacobs a message" demands shouldn't there be an equal amount of "Send the players a message" as well?

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Bruins 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
For all the "Send Jacobs a message" demands shouldn't there be an equal amount of "Send the players a message" as well?
Darn right there should be ....

At least once it all starts the owners are there paying the salaries and bills game and game out whether fans pay or not ..

As for the players ... alot of them don't show up for games at a time yet collect the big pay check ...

Hey some players sign for multi year contracts and are never heard from again ...

Bruins 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
fighterfoo
Time for a change.

Wait, avoiding spending $8 for a beer and $4 for a hot dog and 20% more for merchandise is a new idea?

That's what I do every game. I cringe at the $3 for a coke I can pour my nips into as it burns me to the core.

He's taken enough of my money this year already (which I have gotten nothing for, thank you very much.) a $15 per game per ticket hike on my season tickets? I should have locked out my payments.

fighterfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins 54 View Post

At least once it all starts the owners are there paying the salaries and bills game and game out whether fans pay or not ..

As for the players ... alot of them don't show up for games at a time yet collect the big pay check ...Hey some players sign for multi year contracts and are never heard from again ...
What ??? Who on the B's doesn't show up ??? I know some of them are streaky but I don't believe it is from lack of effort . Not the guys the B's have now anyway.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterfoo View Post
Wait, avoiding spending $8 for a beer and $4 for a hot dog and 20% more for merchandise is a new idea?

That's what I do every game. I cringe at the $3 for a coke I can pour my nips into as it burns me to the core.

He's taken enough of my money this year already (which I have gotten nothing for, thank you very much.) a $15 per game per ticket hike on my season tickets? I should have locked out my payments.
a coke is more then $3 I believe...more like $6.

Concessions are high at all sports arenas I have been to.

I usually get a water or soda but may try to sneak them in. Parking at the "T station has gone up...The "T" has gone up...I need to win a lottery.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
DOGSTARMAN

drop the puck!!

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins 54 View Post

As for the players ... alot of them don't show up for games at a time yet collect the big pay check ...

Hey some players sign for multi year contracts and are never heard from again ...

Thats not Gomez case...in Montreal they talk about him every day.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
What ??? Who on the B's doesn't show up ??? I know some of them are streaky but I don't believe it is from lack of effort . Not the guys the B's have now anyway.
He is talking about players on the ice...not on the bench.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
collins drop the puck!!
fixed.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
He is talking about players on the ice...not on the bench.
Come on judge...You know what I mean

IMO his post makes no sense.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Spooner st

Quote:

I totally agree with his post.

Susan, have a great season, lucky you.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
I totally agree with his post.

Susan, have a great season, lucky you.
When are you visiting again ?

Old
01-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Maybe he's the guy who was sitting in front of me a couple of years ago yelling "Seguin you SUCK!" the entire game. That didn't make sense either.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote