HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/lines discussion

Old
01-16-2013, 11:04 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan The Parade View Post
So after spending 45 minutes trying to get on the Hurricanes ticket website through Google Chrome and trying to call the Hurricanes Ticket line (both without success), I see the message that ticketmaster will not work "on certain browsers", and try on Firefox.

By which time, the tickets I wanted (in seats and quantity) are sold out, and I have to settle. Still going to the game with a group of friends next Tuesday, but it took a while to get there.

Screw you google chrome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Weird, I've used chrome successfully just yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I had the same problem, including the fact that the voice message that I left for the Hurricanes Ticket office still hasn't been returned...but I was using Firefox.

It's Ticketmaster's **** up, they just won't accept that it's their issue.
Likewise I had a similar issue. The ticket rep I spoke to suggested using Firefox or IE. He had tried it in Chrome with no luck. Firefox was a no go for me, but IE worked. I promptly bathed myself in hand sanitizer to get over the dirty feeling of having to use IE again.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
and mcbain is a legit choice - especially over brent. im unsurprised we're running with corvo though. hes a cagey vet and some things never change. i guess overall i though mcbains experience and puck skills would get him in there somewhere.

it really feels like mcbain is getting squeezed out. if so trade him while he still has value, id rather see him develop somewhere else than get buried here. he has played well enough and come along far enough to deserve better.
He was a healthy scratch opening night last year as well and is a notoriously slow starter. Any chance he just didn't show up in shape or just looks like crap out there?

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
and mcbain is a legit choice - especially over brent. im unsurprised we're running with corvo though. hes a cagey vet and some things never change. i guess overall i though mcbains experience and puck skills would get him in there somewhere.

it really feels like mcbain is getting squeezed out. if so trade him while he still has value, id rather see him develop somewhere else than get buried here. he has played well enough and come along far enough to deserve better.
It does feel that way.

I have no problem with Corvo on the point on the power play. Maybe it means he'll be on the ice less at even strength...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AD Skinner

Maybe McBain really is on the way out? Maybe they plan on giving him PK and letting Corvo take PP?

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
bleedgreen

well hes paired with murphy today, while sangs is paired with harrison. that isnt good. i would listen to an argument about how mcbain is a slow starter, but i would counter that with all the love the staff has been giving sangs all the way back to last season, as well as recent not very cryptic remarks how sangs belongs and has a spot here and that the team likely had made some choices based on what theyve been watching prior to the lockout ending. i would say one of those choices is that sangs is getting a top 6 spot unless he blows in camp. i would suggest this is one of jr's "instincts". as in its in ink over pencil and itll happen over any common sense that comes along. fair enough, sangs has played well. just hope we do something right with mcbain. the other guys are in stone unless pitts is getting traded, and we have all the righties we need right now with faulk, corvo, sangs, and murphy on the way.

will anyone take nodl? hes at 8-900k - i believe on a one way? if someone doesnt take him and he cant be included in a trade that will hurt us in the end because we wont send a salary like that to charlotte.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:12 AM
semin4captain

I feel bad for Nodl. Two years in a row he was part of a very good shutdown line and two years in a row his center was traded (Richards, Sutter).

He doesn't belong in the top 9 with the current set-up, but he's a better hockey player than Wallace or Westgarth. Unfortunately this team has an obsession with icing talentless, gritty players on the 4th line instead of ones who can play hockey. Why not have some grit in the top 9 and then we wouldn't have to put AHLers in the lineup? Does anyone actually believe that Westgarth touching the ice for five minutes every other game will have any effect whatsoever?

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Wow, McBain and Nodl to Detroit for Filppula is looking REALLY good right now... Throw in a mid-round pick. Only problem is that Filppula's a left shot...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
semin4captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Wow, McBain and Nodl to Detroit for Filppula is looking REALLY good right now... Throw in a mid-round pick. Only problem is that Filppula's a left shot...
The other problem is that Detroit is getting massively ripped off

Old
01-16-2013, 11:15 AM
bleedgreen

yeah i dont see that one happening.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

So Bowman-Brent-Dwyer is the big and physical fourth line Muller wanted?

Oenatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Do you think Colorado would do McBain for Downie? I know we were talking about them needing D. Downie's got the right shot, a history of production, still super young, and adds a TON of grit...

More importantly, would YOU guys do that? I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
.....minor details.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
You think? McBain, Nodl, and a 3rd rounder for Flip? I think that's pretty fair, maybe a LITTLE geared toward us but certainly not a "massive ripoff."

Old
01-16-2013, 11:21 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Do you think Colorado would do McBain for Downie? I know we were talking about them needing D. Downie's got the right shot, a history of production, still super young, and adds a TON of grit...

More importantly, would YOU guys do that? I'd do it in a heartbeat...
i dont think the avs want mcbain. they have a bunch of young offensive guys coming up, and their depth at forward is what makes them good right now. theyre very proud of the grit theyve added in landy, mcginn, and downie to mesh with duch and stastny. as long as theyre short ROR i doubt theyd move any of the higher end guys, especially for mcbain.

they need d though and forward is a position of strength for them. i would think theyd want pitts or gleason from us, in that order.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Dang.

A Downie-type would make us a MUCH better team right now...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
You think? McBain, Nodl, and a 3rd rounder for Flip? I think that's pretty fair, maybe a LITTLE geared toward us but certainly not a "massive ripoff."
Well Filpula did have 66 points last year, McBain is apparently getting beat out by Joe freaking Corvo and Bobby Sanguinetti and Nodl just got waived for the second time in a year.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
Well Filpula did have 66 points last year, McBain is apparently getting beat out by Joe freaking Corvo and Bobby Sanguinetti and Nodl just got waived for the second time in a year.
Woah. I've got his average ~45 points in mind, I didn't realize he had that kind of production last year... Never mind then.

JR loves Corvo and Sangs, I feel like McBain getting "beat out" by them has the potential to be completely unrelated to hockey.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Boom Boom Anton

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS

Flyers waivers: Andreas Lilja, Brian Boucher

Waivers Hurricanes: Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, M-A Gragnani, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Chris Terry, Justin Peters, Andreas Nodl, Brett Sutter.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Gr8Dan

Waivers Hurricanes: Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, M-A Gragnani, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Chris Terry, Justin Peters, Andreas Nodl, Brett Sutter.

Damn, surprised at samson, terry and sutter

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dan View Post

I think they must have to waive them to allow them to play in Charlotte (now that the NHL season is starting).

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dan View Post

They had to be put on waivers to play in the AHL right?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:46 AM
semin4captain

Hope somebody claims Peters so we can stop talking about him for good until JR reacquires him

Old
01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Hope somebody claims Peters so we can stop talking about him for good
So we'd have Muse and Murphy?

No no wait wait, Muse and Andersen?

Muse and Tripp Tracy.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:05 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So we'd have Muse and Murphy?

No no wait wait, Muse and Andersen?

Muse and Tripp Tracy.
Now, now. Common sense and long-term thinking were never strengths of Summer's. If I didn't know better I might think he was Jim Rutherford's illegitimate son and his hate for JR, Raleigh, the 'Canes, and all things JR seemingly likes were but a mere kneejerk reaction to try to "reject" Papa Jim the same way Papa Jim rejected him. It's OK, Summer - I'm sure with years of top-notch psychiatric care you'll be an A-OK member of society!

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Joe McGrath

So the Leafs, who are putrid defensively, waived Mike Mottau. Some of you will remember him is the guy the Bruins dressed instead of Joe Corvo in the playoffs last year.