HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cammalleri to Detroit

Old
12-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Cammalleri to Detroit

What would it take? This would allow Zetterberg to stay on the second line with Filppula and Franzen and have Cammalleri with Datsyuk.

How about For Tatar and picks?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:50 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
What would it take? This would allow Zetterberg to stay on the second line with Filppula and Franzen and have Cammalleri with Datsyuk.

How about For Tatar and picks?
I haven't checked, but doesn't he have one year left on his contact at like $6 million? If I'm right I'd give up a first and one of our prospects that are on the bubble to get a contact (Quine, Jensen, Nedomlel).

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:52 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

From what I gather, Detroit has an excess of forwards as it is, I think they would rather give up valuable assets for D. I also think that if they do add a forward it should be a real power forward (I say real because Franzen is no power forward) rather than a smaller player like Cammy.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:57 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I think Calgary would have to take back at least one or two roster forwards, based on the logjam the Wings already have up front. Also agree with the poster who said the Wings should be using their assets to pick up another top-four defenceman (even though I think the problems on D are overblown).

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:12 AM
SirloinUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I think Calgary would have to take back at least one or two roster forwards, based on the logjam the Wings already have up front. Also agree with the poster who said the Wings should be using their assets to pick up another top-four defenceman (even though I think the problems on D are overblown).
IF Cammalleri = Top 4 Dman in terms of cost to acquire, Detroit would be better off going after Cammalleri. Detroit needs another top pairing defenseman, not a 2nd pairing defenseman.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:41 AM
InjuredChoker

No thanks.

Detroit needs D, not 30+ aged forwards. Offense is fine.

That cap hit would hurt us next offseason.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
The Red Line

Not even marginally close to a need for Detroit, why would they ever do this? They already have 17 forwards, plus a few other youngsters knocking on the door.

What they ESPECIALLY don't need is an undersized, underperforming, aging, left handed winger who makes 6 million dollars a year for producing about 40 points.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Yeah Cammalleri would score 40 goals with Datsyuk.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Yeah Cammalleri would score 40 goals with Datsyuk.
Perhaps this is a joke?

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:34 PM
penguins2946*

Interesting idea, but I doubt the Flames will trade him. Rebuilding isn't in their vocabulary.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:41 PM
hlaverty06

Detroit wouldn't want him they have 16 or so forwards on their roster

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Not even marginally close to a need for Detroit, why would they ever do this? They already have 17 forwards, plus a few other youngsters knocking on the door.

What they ESPECIALLY don't need is an undersized, underperforming, aging, left handed winger who makes 6 million dollars a year for producing about 40 points.
Cammalleri only produces 40pts? He would score 40 goals, maybe more with Datsyuk. Datysuk with Cammalleris one timer = in for a career year.

Wings lack a true sniper who can finish quickly and Cammalleri is one of the best in putting the puck in the net. Outside of Franzen who is currently their best scoring winger, they dont have a sniper.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Nyquist

I'd love this deal but Calgary would have to take some forwards back

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:55 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Cammalleri only produces 40pts? He would score 40 goals, maybe more with Datsyuk. Datysuk with Cammalleris one timer = in for a career year.

Wings lack a true sniper who can finish quickly and Cammalleri is one of the best in putting the puck in the net. Outside of Franzen who is currently their best scoring winger, they dont have a sniper.
He scored 41 points last season. He scored 47 points the season before that. He scored 50 points the season before that. That is an average of 46 points per season over the last 3 years.

So, yeah... he produces around 40 points, with the trend going steadily downwards.

Claiming he'll score 40 goals is laughable. He wouldn't come anywhere close to scoring 40 goals, regardless of who his center was. Franzen, who is currently a better point producer than Cammelleri, has never gotten 40 goals on Datsyuk's wing.

The only recent players who have gotten 40 goals playing with Datsyuk are Hossa and Zetterberg, and Cammalleri isn't even close to being in the same realm as either of them.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I don't know that they're that overblown. They lost a pair of top 4 defencemen in the offseason. Outside of Kronwall and Quincey (both of whom have historically been 2nd pairing dmen as a matter of fact, if not a matter of talent) they have a whole bunch of guys who are... unimpressive as top 4 dmen, with the potential exception of Smith (I have my doubts about White unless he's got a very strong defensive partner, but who knows).

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM
dagr81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
From what I gather, Detroit has an excess of forwards as it is, I think they would rather give up valuable assets for D. I also think that if they do add a forward it should be a real power forward (I say real because Franzen is no power forward) rather than a smaller player like Cammy.
Bingo

dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
penguins2946*

It's more important to find replacements for Stuart and Lidstrom than to bring in another winger, IMO, especially with Brunner in the fold.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:05 PM
tfong

Quote:
He scored 41 points last season. He scored 47 points the season before that. He scored 50 points the season before that. That is an average of 46 points per season over the last 3 years.

So, yeah... he produces around 40 points, with the trend going steadily downwards.

Claiming he'll score 40 goals is laughable. He wouldn't come anywhere close to scoring 40 goals, regardless of who his center was. Franzen, who is currently a better point producer than Cammelleri, has never gotten 40 goals on Datsyuk's wing.

The only recent players who have gotten 40 goals playing with Datsyuk are Hossa and Zetterberg, and Cammalleri isn't even close to being in the same realm as either of them.
He scored 39 with Conroy as the Center or Tanguy as the lw. He hasn't exactly been healthy but he's good for likely 30 goals to 40 on a good year.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
He scored 39 with Conroy as the Center or Tanguy as the lw. He hasn't exactly been healthy but he's good for likely 30 goals to 40 on a good year.
He scored 39 goals four seasons ago. He scored over 30 only once before that, and never since.

Quote:

He is by no stretch of the imagination "one of the best" at scoring goals.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
The direct comparison would be Iginla to Datsyuk; the 3rd guy they played with (and I believe it was primarily one of the centres rather than with Tanguay) wasn't a major factor in scoring.

A lot of Cammalleri's points came on the PP, and those that didn't often came directly from Iginla. He could score 30-40 with the right linemates, but keep in mind that he and Iginla got pretty soft icetime that season (for top line guys), and the PP was lights-out when they were on.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

I don't think Calgary will trade him unless they rebuild, and if they do I'd much rather trade for Iggy

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:15 PM
InjuredChoker

And he's another lefty.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Wingsfan2965*

I don't understand why people think Detroit needs forwards...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:

Look whose Cammalleris linemates were in MTL, he never really fit there. He had an off year last season going between MTL and CGY and all the media scroutiny about him not wanting to play in MTL anymore.

Franzen may be a better point producer but Cammalleri is still a better finisher. When hes on his game, he is an elite sniper. Theres not many guys who can finish like he can.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I don't understand why people think Detroit needs forwards...
They're set for quantity, not quality. There is a distinct need for a goal scoring sniper to line up next to Pav. Cammalleri would be a huge upgrade on Bert but I think someone like Semin or Iggy would be much better.

That being said I agree with the others that Detroit's primary need is defense, a sniper is more of a want.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote