HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
  #326
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
It's official, Slovan signed Marek Svatoš 3 hours ago.


ebis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
  #327
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
It's official, Slovan signed Marek Svatoš 3 hours ago.
to the end of this season or for how long term ?

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  #328
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
EDIT:
I dont understand one thing, to be honest. How can a person, working for KHL or its club, to depreciate the league all the time?? What about corporate ethic, professionalism? Just asking...
I don't know, you tell me

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
  #329
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
to the end of this season or for how long term ?
Slovan website says "at least this season".

ebis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:19 PM
  #330
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perklunt View Post
Arty did nothing wrong. Period
you should recheck your values. seriously.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
  #331
perklunt
qwerty
 
perklunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
you should recheck your values. seriously.
be there any other player instead of Jalasvara ill react differently.

P.S there is popular statement btw, Dont tell me what to do... i guess u know the 2nd part of it. Have a nice day

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:01 PM
  #332
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perklunt View Post
be there any other player instead of Jalasvara ill react differently.

P.S there is popular statement btw, Dont tell me what to do... i guess u know the 2nd part of it. Have a nice day
Recheck your values. Your 2nd post just confirms you are in serious need of that.

P.S. Never talk like that to strangers.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
  #333
perklunt
qwerty
 
perklunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Recheck your values. Your 2nd post just confirms you are in serious need of that.

P.S. Never talk like that to strangers.
dont worry bout me too much, ill be just fine


Last edited by perklunt: 01-23-2013 at 03:24 PM.
perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
  #334
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I am in no way defending artyukhin and i agree he should get suspended for the rest of the season,but i really don`t like that some people see this as chance to bash KHL.
But whom else to bash. It's the old Soviet traditions of having ''respect'' for some player just because he's done this or that (or plays in the president's team). I imagine if some lowly guy from Avto or Yugra did this to some of SKA or CSKA "stars'', they'd ban him for life but NOOOO- in this case it's the ''guy who bravely escaped NHL to play in the homeland'', to become one of SKA stars... He's also the national sacred cow for a nation who has grown up on "bandity'' tv shows and in the culture where men are really men only if they can beat up somebody violently on a street (preferrably in a group, preferrably if the one being beaten is black or darker skinned or just a foreigner).

You can say that ''in the West'', as we in the post Soviet countries like to say, there is also more respect for big and powerful. Yes, there is but not to that extent. If Crosby did something like this in NHL, he'd definitely get suspension till the end of the season despite being the poster child, the next one, the great legend and the golden goose and the big hope for Sochi 2014 and the guy who shook hands with Putin (and then probably Medvedev would step in, offer 3 times bigger salary just to get him to KHL where he could do the same and get nothing, the same if Malkin did this in KHL there would not be suspension at all I believe)...

I'm sick and tired of the old Soviet talks about how league seems to be younger and younger every year, the famous Soviet expression that the fans' reactions are ''not adequate'' (literally translating, as I don't know how to put this brilliant Russian expression that so politely states that fans are just 'massive idiots'). I'm sick and tired of ***** that can say ''******** Russian hockey'' and swear to beat any player up and not get suspensions, I'm sick and tired about video quality that improved only because of lockout and will decline now when lockout is over, I'm sick and tired of a lot of things as even after 20 years the same guys in suits or their children will sit and tell that league is still young if compared to NHL and therefore nothing can be done and a normal action in case of such violent outbursts as this one cannot be taken....



And I'm not talking just about KHL or Russia here. I'm angry just because I see it in Latvia every day, the same Soviet raised idiots who use the same excuses only in different contexts and that's why neither KHL, neither our post Soviet countries are as good as they should clearly be.


Last edited by stv11: 01-24-2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: filter circumvention
Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
  #335
Theokritos
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
What kind of message is the KHL sending out to players in and out of the league with the 3 games suspension? "We have harmless penalties against the stuff Artyukhin did, hardly enough to discourage guys from repeating it = we don't really protect our players from crap like that."
And I though the KHL was strongly trying to make itself an attractive alternative to the NHL...

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
  #336
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
I can understand someone who wishes to voice anti-Soviet historical grievances (not necessarily on this thread), but it seems to me that the KHL is probably one of the least Soviet-like entities around. It is a capitalist business organization that, as far as I know, has limited its scope to improving the quality of European hockey. The Soviet connection I don't get!


Last edited by stv11: 01-24-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: qdp
Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:44 PM
  #337
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I can understand someone who wishes to voice anti-Soviet historical grievances (not necessarily on this thread), but it seems to me that the KHL is probably one of the least Soviet-like entities around. It is a capitalist business organization that, as far as I know, has limited its scope to improving the quality of European hockey. The Soviet connection I don't get!
I think he meant that there is still a lot of Soviet mentality in the capitalist Russia (and other former USSR nations).

I don't like how the KHL handled the situation. What Artyukhin did deserved a lot more than a 3 game suspension. This increases my doubts that Medvedev is not the right person to run this league. He is not a true professional, at least not a hockey professional.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
  #338
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I think he meant that there is still a lot of Soviet mentality in the capitalist Russia (and other former USSR nations).

I don't like how the KHL handled the situation. What Artyukhin did deserved a lot more than a 3 game suspension. This increases my doubts that Medvedev is not the right person to run this league. He is not a true professional, at least not a hockey professional.


I dont understand how Medvedev can be president of SKA AND president of KHL at the same time??? No wonder KHL(President is Medvedev) doesn`t suspend Arthyukin more than 3 games when he plays in SKA(President is Medvedevs).

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:52 PM
  #339
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I can understand someone who wishes to voice anti-Soviet historical grievances (not necessarily on this thread), but it seems to me that the KHL is probably one of the least Soviet-like entities around. It is a capitalist business organization that, as far as I know, has limited its scope to improving the quality of European hockey. The Soviet connection I don't get!
Seem all this discussion if OT, hope MOD will remove it.

I admit that KHL made many mistakes in past, it is not perfect organisation. On the other hand, is KHL resposible for everything? Broadcasting, its quality (HD) and quantity (all arenas via khl.ru) - how the hell can be KHL resposible for all tv broacasters in Russia, Latvia, Slovakia, Belarus, Kaz etc??? It is KHL´s duty to buy appropriate equipment to all of them? To raise tv announcers for all of them? The level of broadcasting is developing every year. Maybe someone would like to see quicker development. Is it possible? KHL is not a company which should fund broadcasters in Russia and KHL countries. And Russia/regions has other problems, not only to fund tv broadcasters. Guys complain that KHL sold right to Viasat and SportTV, which are not popular in respective countries. KHL is bussiness, they sell right to broadcasters which is ready to pay the biggest check. Why? To earn more money and then invest them to KHL´s development (f.e. more HD, better KHL gamecenter). So we criticize KHL for that?

KHL/Europe is not NHL/USA, we dont have broadcasters like TSN, CBC, NBC etc. At least not in Eastern Europe and Russia. Therefore I dont get compains of Slovaks (not only here, but generally). It is not possible to think that KHL is a miracle project, which is not connected to our (euro/russia) society and its development. If we dont have great tv broadcasters (which we dont have here is Slovakia, Czech rep, Russia), we dont have great KHL product (in TV). Therefore I am so agry for media, because everything starts with media. It is sad to hear all the time "it is not possible in Slovakia/Russia. In Austria, Germany, US is better", "this can happen only in Russia" etc. Does our society want to develop? Or we are giving up?

It is only about broadcasting and I could go on with arenas, etc. It is not so easy to make a good product, it takes will, time and money.


Last edited by vorky: 01-23-2013 at 05:28 PM.
vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:54 PM
  #340
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post


I dont understand how Medvedev can be president of SKA AND president of KHL at the same time??? No wonder KHL(President is Medvedev) doesn`t suspend Arthyukin more than 3 games when he plays in SKA(President is Medvedevs).
It is easy to explain. He is NOT president of SKA.

Btw, who should replace him? I wrote about this a few days ago.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
  #341
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post


I dont understand how Medvedev can be president of SKA AND president of KHL at the same time??? No wonder KHL(President is Medvedev) doesn`t suspend Arthyukin more than 3 games when he plays in SKA(President is Medvedevs).
The KHL is a Gazprom project and Medvedev is the Deputy Chairman of the Board of Executive Director of Gazprom. There are two things wrong with this:

1. Being the president of the KHL should be a full time job occupied by a true hockey professional. Medvedev's main job is in Gazprom and being the president of the KHL is more like a hobby for him. He does not know enough about hockey and he is not professional enough to be in this position.

2. The president of the KHL should have no direct connection to any KHL club. Medvedev is both the president of the KHL and the president of the SKA.

But Gazprom pays all of this and they make the rules. Gazprom is the most profitable company in the world. Last year they made something like $30 billion of pure profit which is insane for one company. They have the money and they do what they want.

I know there are many Russian "hockey guys" (Finnish term "lätkäjätkä") who don't like the way the KHL is running things. But they don't have the money and the power that Gazprom has.

I don't think the KHL is all bad. They made the MHL happen. They are pushing a lot of teams build new arenas. The KHL has been a positive thing in Russian hockey. But a lot of the things they do are still unprofessional. I hope in time things that are not perfect now will slowly improve.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
  #342
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
The KHL is a Gazprom project and Medvedev is the Deputy Chairman of the Board of Executive Director of Gazprom. There are two things wrong with this:

1. Being the president of the KHL should be a full time job occupied by a true hockey professional. Medvedev's main job is in Gazprom and being the president of the KHL is more like a hobby for him. He does not know enough about hockey and he is not professional enough to be in this position.

2. The president of the KHL should have no direct connection to any KHL club. Medvedev is both the president of the KHL and the president of the SKA.

But Gazprom pays all of this and they make the rules. Gazprom is the most profitable company in the world. Last year they made something like $30 billion of pure profit which is insane for one company. They have the money and they do what they want.

I know there are many Russian "hockey guys" (Finnish term "lätkäjätkä") who don't like the way the KHL is running things. But they don't have the money and the power that Gazprom has.

I don't think the KHL is all bad. They made the MHL happen. They are pushing a lot of teams build new arenas. The KHL has been a positive thing in Russian hockey. But a lot of the things they do are still unprofessional. I hope in time things that are not perfect now will slowly improve.
I can agree only with bold part.

Management of SKA, no Medvedev here. Guys, your info are outdated. And btw, it would be great if all KHL clubs work like SKA.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
  #343
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
It is easy to explain. He is NOT president of SKA.

Btw, who should replace him? I wrote about this a few days ago.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Medvedev


He is not president of SKA? I actually couldn`t care less what u have been writing about cause most of the things u claim are pure bull.

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:18 PM
  #344
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Medvedev


He is not president of SKA? I actually couldn`t care less what u have been writing about cause most of the things u claim are pure bull.
read my post above. Medvedev is not president of SKA anymore. Last year (??) was replaced by Timchenko. If you dont believe me or SKA website, you are free to ask PR managment of SKA (or Medvedev directly). I have connections in SKA club, I can help.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:22 PM
  #345
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Seem all this discussion if OT, hope MOD will remove it.

I admit that KHL made many mistakes in past, it is not perfect organisation. On the other hand, is KHL resposible for everything? Broadcasting, its quality (HD) and quantity (all arenas via khl.ru) - how the hell can be KHL resposible for all tv broacasters in Russia, Latvia, Slovakia, Belarus, Kaz etc??? It is KHL´s duty to buy appropriate equipment to all of them? To raise tv announcers for all of them? The level of broadcasting is developing every year. Maybe someone would like to see quicker development. Is it possible? KHL is not a company which should fund broadcasters in Russia and KHL countries. And Russia/regions has other problems, not only to fund tv broadcasters. Guys complain that KHL sold right to Viasat and SportTV, which are not popular in respective countries. KHL is bussiness, they sell right to broadcasters which is ready to pay the biggest check. Why? To earn more money and then invest them to KHL´s development (f.e. more HD, better KHL gamecenter). So we criticize KHL for that?

KHL/Europe is not NHL/USA, we dont have broadcasters like TSN, CBC, NBC etc. At least not in Eastern Europe and Russia. Therefore I dont get compains of Slovaks (not only here, but generally). It is not possible to think that KHL is a miracle project, which is not connected to our (euro/russia) society and its development. If we dont have great tv broadcasters (which we dont have here is Slovakia, Czech rep, Russia), we dont have great KHL product (in TV). Therefore I am so agry for media, because everything starts with media. It is said to hear all the time "it is not possible in Slovakia/Russia. In Austria, Germany, US is better", "this can happen only in Russia" etc. Does our sociaty want to develop? Or we are giving up?

It is only about broadcasting and I could go on with arenas, etc. It is not so easy to make a good product, it takes will, time and money.
I am in 100% agreement with you. When you consider the obstacles, it is amazing, IMO, that the KHL has been as successful as they have. They were presented with imperfect situations and huge problems from the outset, and yet the KHL has managed to survive and put a very entertaining product on the ice so far.

Over a year ago, I remember arguing that the league rules should be changed to limit the number of non-Russian goalies. VladNYC straightened me out by saying that it wasn't the job of the KHL to develop goalies for the Russian Federation - it was their job to develop a successful inter-regional hockey league that becomes financially solvent. Vlad was right, and I was wrong. There is still a long way to go, and the potential for failure still lurks around the corner, but I am more confident of KHL success now than before.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
  #346
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
KHL/Europe is not NHL/USA, we dont have broadcasters like TSN, CBC, NBC etc. At least not in Eastern Europe and Russia. Therefore I dont get compains of Slovaks (not only here, but generally). It is not possible to think that KHL is a miracle project, which is not connected to our (euro/russia) society and its development. If we dont have great tv broadcasters (which we dont have here is Slovakia, Czech rep, Russia), we dont have great KHL product (in TV). Therefore I am so agry for media, because everything starts with media. It is said to hear all the time "it is not possible in Slovakia/Russia. In Austria, Germany, US is better", "this can happen only in Russia" etc. Does our sociaty want to develop? Or we are giving up?
coming from someone who suggested Slovak fans to learn russian if they want to buy a game from KHL.ru site.

"product" is something you can buy btw, which isnt KHL´s case it seems, at least wasnt in case of Barys x Slovan game etc. Sometimes it looks like KHL´s priority isnt making money (cant adapt to fans needs, trying to sell silly full season package 7 games before end of regular season, no easy two-clicks buy of single games for internet simpletons etc) but at the same time, money are issue when selling TV rights to obscure TVs with zero coverage ? Fans are confused because they have no idea how and where to watch Slovan games, they have good reasons to complain.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
  #347
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
read my post above. Medvedev is not president of SKA anymore. Last year (??) was replaced by Timchenko. If you dont believe me or SKA website, you are free to ask PR managment of SKA (or Medvedev directly). I have connections in SKA club, I can help.
Ok. It means Medvedev is not a front representative of SKA officially. No doubt there is a still some type of connection...

About Artyukhin I see bad promotion but still promo for KHL. I can say only that I'll love to see him suffer once.

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
  #348
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I am in 100% agreement with you. When you consider the obstacles, it is amazing, IMO, that the KHL has been as successful as they have. They were presented with imperfect situations and huge problems from the outset, and yet the KHL has managed to survive and put a very entertaining product on the ice so far.

Over a year ago, I remember arguing that the league rules should be changed to limit the number of non-Russian goalies. VladNYC straightened me out by saying that it wasn't the job of the KHL to develop goalies for the Russian Federation - it was their job to develop a successful inter-regional hockey league that becomes financially solvent. Vlad was right, and I was wrong. There is still a long way to go, and the potential for failure still lurks around the corner, but I am more confident of KHL success now than before.


I could write more details, feelings but it is OT.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
  #349
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
read my post above. Medvedev is not president of SKA anymore. Last year (??) was replaced by Timchenko. If you dont believe me or SKA website, you are free to ask PR managment of SKA (or Medvedev directly). I have connections in SKA club, I can help.
yeah, ok, like Putin was replaced by Medvedv. People in power in Russia grew so powerful, that they don't care about the rest, what they thing and what their deeds look like to others. A few of Medvedev's interviews (I try not to read that bs, but sometimes I do) clearly state that SKA is his club... Can't stand him and SKA

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
  #350
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
yeah, ok, like Putin was replaced by Medvedv. People in power in Russia grew so powerful, that they don't care about the rest, what they thing and what their deeds look like to others. A few of Medvedev's interviews (I try not to read that bs, but sometimes I do) clearly state that SKA is his club... Can't stand him and SKA
I claim he is not a president of SKA, not that he has NO power in SKA. Big different. I dont like him either, too snobby. I prefer Vaisfeld.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.