HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Old
02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Slovan has many signed players for next season, so there is no room for newcomers. Or will Slovan release its players during summer to sign new one? I dont think so. Only Vondrka, Kukumberg, Lipiansky, Mihalik, Mojzis, Svatos, Sigalet, Svarny, Satan dont have contract for next season, so will be RFA or UFA after 12/13 season. I would sign some of them, but not all. Remember that RFA guy must re-sign at least for 2 years. UFA is 29 years and more, RFA younger (it is more complicated, details at khl website).

D Mikus is Lev´s RFA after season, can Slovan offer him better QO? Will Lev offer him QO? If not, he is UFA.

Bartecko, Hossa, Surovy - all UFA after season IIRC. Agree with your opinion about them.

F Mikus "trade" - you don't care about the technicalities, but I do And slovak media should care as well. You follow NHL and US media, right? I would say that US media care about details,technicalities and write about them. And it is up to reader if he/she care about technicalities. Media should provide complex info about players, contracts etc. My opinion is that slovak media dont do that. Thats bad, very bad. If KHL wants to promote/challenge NHL, media must be more serious and dôsledny (sorry ).

Janus - I know what you are talking, today was hot discussion on this topic For other posters, one Slovan´s so-called insider claimed that Janus has contract with both Slovan and Lokomotiv (they drafted him), that Loko holds his right and decide about his future season (join Loko or not) in summer. Of course, that is not true, Loko has not rights to Janus anymore. If there is verbal deal (Loko-Slovan´s GMs), it is not binding. I remind you my words about Andrey Kostitcyn, Kulikov and Ryan O´Reilly (all did not have contract in NHL before lockout). I claimed that their KHL´s contracts will not expire if NHL season starts. Now, we know I was right. Kulikov and ROR terminated contracts, Andrey still playing for Traktor. Similar situation is with Janus-Slovan-Loko.

I think that posters in this thread are fans of KHL. So lets be precise and try to understand how KHL works.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:19 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Slepyshev ( #58) scored against Ak Bars

Old
02-03-2013, 10:23 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Slovan has many signed players for next season, so there is no room for newcomers. Or will Slovan release its players during summer to sign new one? I dont think so. Only Vondrka, Kukumberg, Lipiansky, Mihalik, Mojzis, Svatos, Sigalet, Svarny, Satan dont have contract for next season, so will be RFA or UFA after 12/13 season. I would sign some of them, but not all. Remember that RFA guy must re-sign at least for 2 years. UFA is 29 years and more, RFA younger (it is more complicated, details at khl website).

D Mikus is Lev´s RFA after season, can Slovan offer him better QO? Will Lev offer him QO? If not, he is UFA.

Bartecko, Hossa, Surovy - all UFA after season IIRC. Agree with your opinion about them.

F Mikus "trade" - you don't care about the technicalities, but I do And slovak media should care as well. You follow NHL and US media, right? I would say that US media care about details,technicalities and write about them. And it is up to reader if he/she care about technicalities. Media should provide complex info about players, contracts etc. My opinion is that slovak media dont do that. Thats bad, very bad. If KHL wants to promote/challenge NHL, media must be more serious and dôsledny (sorry ).

Janus - I know what you are talking, today was hot discussion on this topic For other posters, one Slovan´s so-called insider claimed that Janus has contract with both Slovan and Lokomotiv (they drafted him), that Loko holds his right and decide about his future season (join Loko or not) in summer. Of course, that is not true, Loko has not rights to Janus anymore. If there is verbal deal (Loko-Slovan´s GMs), it is not binding. I remind you my words about Andrey Kostitcyn, Kulikov and Ryan O´Reilly (all did not have contract in NHL before lockout). I claimed that their KHL´s contracts will not expire if NHL season starts. Now, we know I was right. Kulikov and ROR terminated contracts, Andrey still playing for Traktor. Similar situation is with Janus-Slovan-Loko.

I think that posters in this thread are fans of KHL. So lets be precise and try to understand how KHL works.
I agree media is very important for improving the KHL both as whole and product that can be "sold" where this isnt a KHL team(sweden,finland,germany)

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
I don't know whether to laugh or cry after those first two minutes.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:28 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

crazy game

Old
02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
ult

Entertaining game in Bratislava. Shame that goalies didn't show up.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
The referees are being very kind to Slovan today.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
russianhockey

Lev is back in Business.

It will be great 2 see the both (czech & slovak) teams in the playoffs.

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Torsten S
@Pucksport

After some roster changes and due to this "do or die" situation Lev looks totally different. Even against Slovan. I've seen all four matches between them (first live at the arena the others via stream) and today they acted much more confident than in the past clashes. After the 3:3 I expected another collapse but I'm glad it didn't happen.

Now three more games have to be played, all on the road at Spartak, Riga and Donezk. It's still a long way to go for Lev but now I'm much more optimistic than I was some days ago.

Torsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:41 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
we give you Mikus, you give us 3 pts, i thought it's only done like that in russian soccer, lol

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
BalticWarrior

great to see Cipulis bouncing back and scoring the GWG in this lev-slovan rivalry

Old
02-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Faterson

A very embarrassing game for Slovan. The 0-6 away loss to Severstal was less painful than this. Zero defence, zero goaltending. Why did Janus have to pick tonight for his worst performance of the season, which was the game that could have clinched the play-offs for Slovan? Svatoš was disappointing once again. We were sorely missing Juraj Mikúš at center, compared to the Chekhov game 2 days ago.

Slovak teams have always been weak mentally and psychologically. Tonight's game reminded me of the Slovakia vs. Slovenia football game a few years ago. We only had to win that home game to clinch our participation at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. But no, of course we lost that home game... and then had to pull a miracle in a snow-infested away game in Poland, to get to South Africa.

I fully expect Slovan may yet miss the play-offs. They can easily lose the next couple of games, and it may all come down to that final regular season game in Riga. The first Riga-bound airplane with the fans is sold out, and they were selling tickets for the second plane, too (for an increased price of €220 as opposed to €190 for the first plane). Not sure if they managed to sell out the second plane as well -- whether it will actually take off.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:20 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
A very embarrassing game for Slovan. The 0-6 away loss to Severstal was less painful than this. Zero defence, zero goaltending. Why did Janus have to pick tonight for his worst performance of the season, which was the game that could have clinched the play-offs for Slovan? Svatoš was disappointing once again. We were sorely missing Juraj Mikúš at center, compared to the Chekhov game 2 days ago.

Slovak teams have always been weak mentally and psychologically. Tonight's game reminded me of the Slovakia vs. Slovenia football game a few years ago. We only had to win that home game to clinch our participation at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. But no, of course we lost that home game... and then had to pull a miracle in a snow-infested away game in Poland, to get to South Africa.

I fully expect Slovan may yet miss the play-offs. They can easily lose the next couple of games, and it may all come down to that final regular season game in Riga. The first Riga-bound airplane with the fans is sold out, and they were selling tickets for the second plane, too (for an increased price of €220 as opposed to €190 for the first plane). Not sure if they managed to sell out the second plane as well -- whether it will actually take off.
Don't you think you are overreacting Faterson? Slovan will be in the PO,dont worry

Old
02-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Faterson

I'm not confident at all Slovan will get to the play-offs. If they're capable of losing 3 out of 4 home games in the final stretch of the regular season, they are perfectly capable of losing the 3 remaining road games, too.

Atlant and Minsk can definitely win all 3 games remaining for them. Donbass and Lev play against each other once, but if they win everything else apart from that, then Slovan can start preparing for the Cup of Hope games.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:27 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
and then had to pull a miracle in a snow-infested away game in Poland, to get to South Africa.
yeah, best own goal I have ever seen

Old
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
lukkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
yeah, best own goal I have ever seen
Seweryn Gancarczyk is still getting thanking notes from Slovak fans on his facebook page

Today, really terrible defensive effort by Slovan. We need to concentrate and get needed points against Spartak. I'm sure they can do it

lukkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:23 PM
FlyersFan61290

can anyone here tell me how Valeri Vasilyev has looked. I saw he played a few games for Spartak but he spent the majority of his time in the MHL. He turns 19 in a few months so he's relatively young but what are his chances of making on a KHL roster full-time next season? I don't really get a chance to watch many games outside of the NHL so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Not sure if anybody will know but I am curious as to how much a defenseman like Arturs Kulda would be making in Sibir.

I am sure you guys know all about him, but he was very solid in limited action in Winnipeg last year, and has seemed be a rock in Sibir this year, 12th in the league in TOI, great first pass, smooth skater, etc.

I am really hoping that Winnipeg tries to lure him back across the Atlantic next year to play 2nd/3rd pairing minutes, we need a smart safe defensive LH defenseman and he is the perfect fit.

I imagine he is making 750K-2million (in USD) for Sibir, but would anybody know any better? That's just me guessing. If WPG offered him 1-1.5 million on a one-way deal do you think he would come back. Seemed to want to be in NA, spent 2 in OHL then 4 years mostly in AHL so seems to suggest he did want to make in NA.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am extremely glad to see him doing well. If it's in his best interests I would 100% like to see him continue in the KHL. Would just like to see him succeed and I think he could make a name for himself and be a solid player in NA as well.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-03-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

deleted

Last edited by vorky: 02-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old
02-04-2013, 07:59 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I imagine he is making 750K-2million (in USD) for Sibir, but would anybody know any better? That's just me guessing. If WPG offered him 1-1.5 million on a one-way deal do you think he would come back. Seemed to want to be in NA, spent 2 in OHL then 4 years mostly in AHL so seems to suggest he did want to make in NA.
I think he would come back if offered a one-way deal but can't see that happening after Jets let him go this summer. He just obviously is not in their future plans anymore.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Avto secures funding, not sure for how long. Wonder if arena will follow.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Albany of the AHL who Hrabrenka plays for also signed Stefan Stepanov, 20 yo from Avto who was kicked from Sudbury years ago for some secret incident.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:09 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Why is the KHL on break for a week?

I don't think the KHL should be taking so many breaks during the season. I think it probably breaks the momentum of the season to break for every international tournament and such.

I can see the break at xmas, but I hope the KHL moves towards a more consistent schedule after Sochi. I say that since people here have mentioned they plan to lengthen the schedule and become more "above" the rest of the leagues like the NHL after that right?

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-06-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Faterson

These frequent breaks suck, especially for totally meaningless tournaments like the one Slovakia plays in this week. Slovakia only plays meaningless international games the entire season long, except for the 2 weeks of World Championships. And a KHL break like the one right now is not just 1 week -- it's almost 2 weeks!

Such breaks are a relict of the past, of old-fashioned, 20th-century style, small-time, amateurish European hockey leagues. A grand enterprise like the KHL or NHL is incompatible with such a disrupted schedule -- or only to its detriment.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:35 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Why is the KHL on break for a week?
After Sochi 2014 it will change. I don't like those long breaks too

od71 is online now   Reply With Quote