HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Breakout Player / Pleasant Surprise for 2013

Old
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I have an eye on Hrivik, but I think his impact comes next year as a mid-season callup and that's being optimistic. Taylor Pyatt is the guy I can see coming up big in a big way, especially during the playoffs. I think if the Rangers bring-up Miller and put him with Kreider and Pyatt you could see a solid line.
Kreider - Miller - Pyatt

What is that line going to do exactly? I cant see them scoring consistently - I can't see them defending consistently. Whats the point?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Kreider - Miller - Pyatt

What is that line going to do exactly? I cant see them scoring consistently - I can't see them defending consistently. Whats the point?
Kreider - Size and Speed
Pyatt - Size and Grind
Miller - Grind and a little speed

Seems like it can do a little bit of everything. A lot of people have Kreider making the top 6 immediately, but I'm hesitant to put him there seeing how effect Hagelin was with Richards and Gaborik.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
Kreider - Size and Speed
Pyatt - Size and Grind
Miller - Grind and a little speed

Seems like it can do a little bit of everything. A lot of people have Kreider making the top 6 immediately, but I'm hesitant to put him there seeing how effect Hagelin was with Richards and Gaborik.
I think it could be a nice line in a year or two.

Just my opinion, of course, but I dont think Miller is NHL ready (especially to play center), and I think Kreider is due for a rough season.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Honestly, have not been impressed with Haley at all when watching the Whale. Aside from his fights, have not seen the physical play his reputation would indicate nor a strong forechecking presence.

Maybe I just picked some bad nights, but I would definitely not compare him favorably with Prust.

01-08-2013, 04:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think it could be a nice line in a year or two.

Just my opinion, of course, but I dont think Miller is NHL ready (especially to play center), and I think Kreider is due for a rough season.
Define rough? What's good for Kreider is that he won't be counted on as the first, second, or even third scoring option. So while other teams are trying to shut down the likes of Nash and Gaborik, Kreider should have favorable matchups and a decent bit of space and time to work with. Not saying he's going to go nuts, but I don't think things will be so rough for him either, all things considered.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
I'd love to see McIlrath get called up.

01-09-2013, 08:31 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Honestly, have not been impressed with Haley at all when watching the Whale. Aside from his fights, have not seen the physical play his reputation would indicate nor a strong forechecking presence.

Maybe I just picked some bad nights, but I would definitely not compare him favorably with Prust.
Are you comparing him to Prust now, or Prust pre-Rangers? Torts revitalized that guys career.

jw2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Define rough? What's good for Kreider is that he won't be counted on as the first, second, or even third scoring option. So while other teams are trying to shut down the likes of Nash and Gaborik, Kreider should have favorable matchups and a decent bit of space and time to work with. Not saying he's going to go nuts, but I don't think things will be so rough for him either, all things considered.
Rough = being in the doghouse at several points.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:56 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Are you comparing him to Prust now, or Prust pre-Rangers? Torts revitalized that guys career.
Prust with the Rangers. And that is a good point, hopefully Torts can have an impact on him.

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
my surpise player will be Arron Asham He will bring a level oftoughness to the rangers as well as 10-12 goals and 14-18 fighting majors.. he is way more then a goon and can play the game.. just my opinion.. I also look for our defense to have 3 guys battle for the norris.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
my surpise player will be Arron Asham He will bring a level oftoughness to the rangers as well as 10-12 goals and 14-18 fighting majors.. he is way more then a goon and can play the game.. just my opinion.. I also look for our defense to have 3 guys battle for the norris.
I like Asham and think he was a good pickup. I don't think he gets 10 goals though, not on the fourth line.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Calad
Section 422

Rupp. People hating on him a lot last year, but this year he will be healthy and I believe he will impress.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:08 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Remember, Dagoon, it's only 48 games

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:17 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I like Asham and think he was a good pickup. I don't think he gets 10 goals though, not on the fourth line.
I think the hope has to be 30-35 points combined in a 48 game schedule for Asham, Rupp and Halpern

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote