HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Viktor Stalberg

Old
01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
LeHaboholique

vCash: 500
Viktor Stalberg

Big, Fast, Good Shot, what is Viktor Stalberg worth to your team?

LeHaboholique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Hawkaholic

More than he would return in a trade, I am sure.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:57 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Good shot might be debatable; he can have a quick shot but.....

well lets just say he didn't earn the nickname Stalbrick for nothing

After last season he has finally shown some proof that he can put all of his great tool together an be an effective scorer- if he can show that he can do that consistently I think his value will rise quite a bit.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
If your not playing the Blue Jackets 6 times a year he is pretty worthless

Probably a 4th rounder at best especially given time and again he goes MIA in playoffs

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If your not playing the Blue Jackets 6 times a year he is pretty worthless
Take away his points against Columbus, and he is still in the top 125 in ES points scored in the entire NHL.

Give him a few points against Columbus (*because everybody scores against them) and he is in the top 100 in ES points in the league.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
The Red Line

His value is probably at its peak right now, but unless he's part of a bigger package I don't see him getting a return to make it worth it for the Hawks to move him.

To get 20+ goals out of someone making less than 900k a year is too good a thing to pass up, and his cap hit for 1 year makes up for any consistency issues he may or may not have.

Will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like however, might price himself out of Chicago's plans.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:41 PM
digdug41982

Sign him to the deal Frolik got and trade Frolik.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
When Stalberg shows the heart and has the success in post season as Frolik then you can talk about giving him any type of raise

Stalberg is easily the 2nd worst forward for Hawks in recent playoff memory (Marcus Kruger being worst)

Old
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

He's a guy I'd like in the Sens top-nine, but we'd probably have to give up some of our bottom-six players for it to make any sense. No idea what the BHawks needs are but I'd give up something like Daugavins and a 3rd.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd love to have either of Stalberg or Frolik on the Sharks 3rd line.

Specifically on Frolik, what are you asking?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Sevanston

His value is definitely at its peak.

8 goals in 6 games against Columbus just isn't likely to be repeated. Especially considering his next most-scored-on team is Nashville at 3 goals in 6 games.

If Troy Brouwer could get a 1st round pick at the draft, I think Stalberg could certainly fetch a 2nd (Brouwer had some value-adds that Stalberg doesn't, like a Cup ring. I also think the market values hits more than speed, and Brouwer's a big winner there as well).

Throw Stalberg in a package and I think we ought to be able to land a more consistent second line/pairing player.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
His value is definitely at its peak.

8 goals in 6 games against Columbus just isn't likely to be repeated. Especially considering his next most-scored-on team is Nashville at 3 goals in 6 games.

If Troy Brouwer could get a 1st round pick at the draft, I think Stalberg could certainly fetch a 2nd (Brouwer had some value-adds that Stalberg doesn't, like a Cup ring. I also think the market values hits more than speed, and Brouwer's a big winner there as well).

Throw Stalberg in a package and I think we ought to be able to land a more consistent second line/pairing player.
Brouwer was also a RFA ,, Stalberg will be UFA in a few months

Old
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

I've always liked Frolik and thought after his playoffs in 2011 that he'd have a breakout season last year, which didn't pan out. If Chicago could get a decent pick for him, like a 3rd, I'd trade him. I think Bowman would want to see if he can get off to a better start though, whenever the season starts up (potentially soon).

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:15 AM
EbonyRaptor

Stalberg is not appreciated by most Hawk fans. I'm one of the few Hawk fans who thinks Stalberg has made improvements in his game over the last 2 seasons and I think he is still growing into his game - learning how to use his speed and size to get into better offensive posistions to score. While it's true he hasn't been effective in the playoffs, I lay that more at the feet of Q who doesn't use Stalberg the right way or with any consistency.

Hopefully the lockout ends and the Hawks have 48 games to assess Stalberg's improvement instead of probably letting him walk if the season were to be cancelled. Stalberg started this year playing in the SEL where he scored 12 points (7g/5a) and was a +5 in 11 games - and the SEL is a defensive league where very few players average more than a ppg. Then he went to the KHL where he has 8 points (3g/5a) in 13 games and he is leading his team in +/- with +7. In addition, he has played center the last 4 games and has 3g/2a in those games.

Like I said - I'm in the minority of Hawk fandom when it comes to Stalberg - so odds are that I'm wrong - but I think we haven't seen the best of Stalberg yet and I hope it's going to be with the Hawks.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

Just a pick, we have plenty of prospect depth. However, if we are talking Sharks, I know you guys have a glut of goalies close to the NHL. What about Harri Sateri?

Old
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
While it's true he hasn't been effective in the playoffs, I lay that more at the feet of Q who doesn't use Stalberg the right way or with any consistency..
Yes because Stalberg playing so bad he got demoted from 1st line is Q's fault

Frolik has managed to make a huge impact as a 3rd/4th liner these past 2 playoffs... Time for Stalberg to man up

He had chance to prove himself this past playoff and he did nothing with that chance

Old
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Yes because Frolik put up a whopping 3 points to Stalberg's 2 last offseason... when, lets be honest, the entire team had a chance to prove something, and nobody did.

Plus, I think going forward, he can earn around a million just for his size and speed which you don't see together that often. However, if he can consistently put up even halfway respectable points I think he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener for the rest of his career. I mean, the guy was good enough for 5th on the team in scoring last year.... I'll say it again its really going to depend on his consistency, but 20-20 guys don't grow on trees.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Yes because Frolik put up a whopping 3 points to Stalberg's 2 last offseason... when, lets be honest, the entire team had a chance to prove something, and nobody did. .
Frolik put up 3 pts in 4 games (2 goals) compared to Stalberg's 2 pts in 6 games (no goals)

Not to mention Frolik was 3rd liner ,, While Stalberg was dumped from top 6 by end of season onto 4th line again

And it just goes back to again ,, 2 years Frolik has made a impact in playoffs and been a guy playing his heart out

While Stalberg has looked like a taller version of Kruger ,, Pathetic effort is what really gets me

Frolik gives effort every shift ,, He cant seem to bury the puck but he is noticeable out there giving effort in both ends

Stalberg on other hand is a floater more often then not defensively

Old
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
digdug41982

Frolik is responsible defensively and plays hard, but it's nothing that equates to what 20 goals and the threat of Stalberg's speed does for a team. Stalberg is more valuable.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Hawkaholic

by far...

Old
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Do people honestly think the fact that 8 of Stalberg's goals came against the same team is some kind of negative? I can guarantee you he doesn't have magical pixey dust powers only when he plays Columbus.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
digdug41982

The dust powers are that Stalberg has a fairly weak shot and the Columbus goalies suck. Still, he manages to pot plenty in a given season and that is what matters, not how, how many.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Frolik put up 3 pts in 4 games (2 goals) compared to Stalberg's 2 pts in 6 games (no goals)

Not to mention Frolik was 3rd liner ,, While Stalberg was dumped from top 6 by end of season onto 4th line again

And it just goes back to again ,, 2 years Frolik has made a impact in playoffs and been a guy playing his heart out

While Stalberg has looked like a taller version of Kruger ,, Pathetic effort is what really gets me

Frolik gives effort every shift ,, He cant seem to bury the puck but he is noticeable out there giving effort in both ends

Stalberg on other hand is a floater more often then not defensively
Well **** if effort is all that matters lets get Jack Skille back here on the double!

If Frolik could put up any sort of numbers along with his effort he'd be the better player for sure... but he can't so he's not plain and simple. Effort is great when it translates into something, but c'mon you don't win games on effort alone... you gotta put the puck in the net.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Hawkaholic

The only reason Frolik shows up in the playoffs is because he is 50% more rested than Stalberg by the end of the season. Thats what happens when you suck so much during the regular season.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Well **** if effort is all that matters lets get Jack Skille back here on the double!

If Frolik could put up any sort of numbers along with his effort he'd be the better player for sure... but he can't so he's not plain and simple. Effort is great when it translates into something, but c'mon you don't win games on effort alone... you gotta put the puck in the net.
Skille never bothered to attempt to play defense