HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

dallas vets at the deadline

Old
01-08-2013, 05:57 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
dallas vets at the deadline

dallas is interesting they look like they will be good but if they are not and they are out of it by the april 5th deadline they are loaded with talent teams will want guys like Morrow, Ryder, Whitney, Jagr, Roy. the amount of future this team could haul in would be impressive. what do you think they get if they rebuilt at the deadline?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:24 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Count the Devils in for any talks with Ryder.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:47 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

If we're out of it, we definitely could see a ton of moves made.

And with this new "keeping cap space" rule, if we don't do well, we could end up with quite a haul.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
If we're out of it, we definitely could see a ton of moves made.

And with this new "keeping cap space" rule, if we don't do well, we could end up with quite a haul.
Hypothetically, if you guys are in a position to unload some players, what would the likes of Ryder, Morrow or Jagr (separately) cost?

Old
01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Domino11

Montreal would take jagr if we reach the playoff .... If jagr as a good season I would offer a second round at the deadline

Domino11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:04 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
Hypothetically, if you guys are in a position to unload some players, what would the likes of Ryder, Morrow or Jagr (separately) cost?
Seperately? Not a ton on their own, a good prospect or a low 1st. Add in the possbility of keeping their cap hit (or at least part of it), and making that multiple players to one team with that rule, and we could get some good assets.

Not sure what I'd be interested in from the Devils for Ryder, since a 1st is off the table for obvious reasons.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:13 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Seperately? Not a ton on their own, a good prospect or a low 1st. Add in the possbility of keeping their cap hit (or at least part of it), and making that multiple players to one team with that rule, and we could get some good assets.

Not sure what I'd be interested in from the Devils for Ryder, since a 1st is off the table for obvious reasons.
The Devils have a ton of defenseman, both NHL-level (Tallinder is the most likely to get traded) and prospects (Urbom is the best "touchable" D prospect). We'd be willing to throw in 2nd and 3rd rounders, if need be.

That may not be enough, but it's a start.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
BigG44

If Roy fits well with the team and puts up respectable stats, there seems like mutual interest for him to re-sign.

Dallas bought a ton of good will from him by recommending shoulder surgery to him over the summer. He was one of the few players drawing full salary during the lockout and working out with team staff because it was a team elected procedure.

It was the best move for his career, and he's fully recovered now.

I think you're likely looking at Morrow, Ryder, and Jagr being available. Robidas has another season left on his contract, but I doubt he survives another year of missed playoffs.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:50 AM
BigG44

Oh yeah ... and regardless of Dallas' playoff chances I think Morrow, Mark Fistric, and Richard Bachman will be available.

We should all remember that Dallas GMJN is extremely reluctant to sell at the trade deadline. Dallas would have to be out by a significant margin for most guys to be moved.

However, at least in recent histroy, he's moved a regular player when Dallas had an internal replacement. I'm talking about Grossmann going to Phili last year. Philip Larsen pushed his way into the Top 6 over last season which moved Fistric into the 7th D role. With Fistric good to go in the Top 6, they pulled the trigger on moving Grossman.

Reilly Smith is likely ready to step in for Brenden Morrow on the 3rd line. He already has very good chemistry with 3rd line center Cody Eakin.

Jamie Oleksiak or Brenden Dillon (whichever guy doesn't win the 6th D spot in camp) will be ready to easily replace (and IMO improve upon) Mark Fistric.

I don't necessarily agree with the move, but Richard Bachman's shorter stature really doesn't give him a chance in Dallas. With Nilstorp playing at a very high level in the AHL, there's already talk of Nilstorp taking the backup job from Bachs. More than the other 2 guys I listed, I'd put my money and Richard Bachman moving this year to a team that's hit by some injuries at the goalie position.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
TrillMike

I don't think Roy gets traded. The organization has been really good to him through the lockout. Morrow, Robidas, Wandell, Bachman and Fistric are probably available. (Jagr might be depending on how things go).Morrow will probably cost more than we all think.

I'd be interested in seeing what a package of Robidas and Bachman or Morrow and Fistric could bring us. I don't think a team would want to package Robidas and Morrow together because of the cap.

The idea of Robidas for cal Clutterbuck came up yesterday, that intrigues me.

Dallas has some nice prospects cooking in Austin and juniors right now. I'd prefer them to acquire a top 6 right shot (and young).

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote