HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schedule and Dates Question

Old
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
Schedule and Dates Question

First off, mods if there is a better place to move this please go right ahead I just wasn't sure where to ask.

My family bought tickets today to the first game at Staples the 31st, but with the NHL wanting to do a 48 or 50 game season how will this affect the tickets? Will the game be moved? Will the tickets be refunded? Or will stubhub just say too bad, you waisted 500$ on a game that won't happen?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
First off, mods if there is a better place to move this please go right ahead I just wasn't sure where to ask.

My family bought tickets today to the first game at Staples the 31st, but with the NHL wanting to do a 48 or 50 game season how will this affect the tickets? Will the game be moved? Will the tickets be refunded? Or will stubhub just say too bad, you waisted 500$ on a game that won't happen?
wow - I'm surprised stubhub was even selling that game...even if there is a game that day, the opponent will most likely be different

should be able to get a face value refund from the Kings, not sure how stubhub works things like that...

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
wow - I'm surprised stubhub was even selling that game...even if there is a game that day, the opponent will most likely be different

should be able to get a face value refund from the Kings, not sure how stubhub works things like that...
Given how limited the Kings will have access to Staples from Mid Jan to Mid Feb, they will most definitely play on the 31st, though I think there is 1 open date prior to that, so the banner raising may occur before the 31st.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Given how limited the Kings will have access to Staples from Mid Jan to Mid Feb, they will most definitely play on the 31st, though I think there is 1 open date prior to that, so the banner raising may occur before the 31st.
Will stubhub refund if the banner raise is before the 31st and I want to get tickets to that game instead?

Old
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Will stubhub refund if the banner raise is before the 31st and I want to get tickets to that game instead?
Dunno I doubt it, though if the team they play is not Nashville that might be the out you need to contact Stub Hub. , The 28th is the date that is open I believe.

Kings could also do a day game on Sat. the 19th, Clippers play that night..

Those 3 days are pretty much it for Jan...

I think Grammy's tie it up from like Feb 1 to the 10th, but maybe the Kings can get a game the 1st or 2nd of Feb, and they can still set up for the Grammy's

The more I think about it, the higher the chance that the 19th might be the first home game. Albeit the dreaded Saturday afternoon game, a gamethe Kings always seem to fall flat on their face.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Quattro

it is unlikely those tickets would be honored if it was opening night - I think everyone who had the original opening night tickets in October are guaranteed their seats for whenever opening night actually happens (assuming they didn't get a refund of course). I bought extra seats for that game because my ST partners had ours and that's what I was told.

Last edited by Quattro: 01-06-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I wouldn't be buying any tickets until after the new schedule is announced and the proper matchups are loaded in.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I wouldn't be buying any tickets until after the new schedule is announced and the proper matchups are loaded in.
This is probably what I should have done, didn't think about the schedule change for some reason, hopefully there is a game the 31'st and I'll just go to that.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Vamos Rafa
Ban ADT

The Jets are gonna suffer the most with this no-interconference schedule seeing how they're still in a division where they really have no business being in.

As for the rest of the league, do they have to start over again? Can't they just use the scheduled dates from the original schedule and change the opponents?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
This is probably what I should have done, didn't think about the schedule change for some reason, hopefully there is a game the 31'st and I'll just go to that.
If there is a game the 31st, I highly doubt the tickets you bought for it will be valid.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
If there is a game the 31st, I highly doubt the tickets you bought for it will be valid.
If this happens would stubhub just refund them?

Old
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
If this happens would stubhub just refund them?
This would be your best bet to find out:

http://www.stubhub.com/help/

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

I also have tickets for the 31st. I think stubhub's official policy is if the game is still played (regardless of which players play) there's no refund. If the teams or date changes, then you get a refund. I'm hoping they keep the game on the 31st and that it's the banner raising game (I have tickets and it's my birthday).

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Nose of Sutter

Looks like Stubhub is just going to refund the tickets I had for the 31'st so I get to start this great process of trying to get tickets to the 19th now yay me right? But thanks for all the help guys! Appreciate it, hope to see you all at Staples the 19th!

Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

Quote:
Looks like Stubhub is just going to refund the tickets I had for the 31'st so I get to start this great process of trying to get tickets to the 19th now yay me right? But thanks for all the help guys! Appreciate it, hope to see you all at Staples the 19th!
Did they contact you about this or did you contact them? I still haven't heard anything about it from them.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote