HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013 NHL Season Preview: NYR

Old
01-08-2013, 10:18 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
2013 NHL Season Preview: NYR

Here's the article:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=79372

They mention Gilroy in the keeping busy section during the lockout, but then don't list him on the depth chart. I know he is not signed to a contract with the NYR so I'm not sure why he was mentioned. But anyways it's just a quick read/writeup.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Vitto79

TSN's depth chart upfront is exactly how I would have it. I could see why Hagelin is 2nd line vs Kreider. I do think Kreider ends up playing top 6 minutes though

on D the top 4 really are the top 4 but pairings likely move DZ to 3rd pair, first PP

I imagine TSN thinks Gilroy is going to be signed like most of us do

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
TSN's depth chart upfront is exactly how I would have it. I could see why Hagelin is 2nd line vs Kreider. I do think Kreider ends up playing top 6 minutes though

on D the top 4 really are the top 4 but pairings likely move DZ to 3rd pair, first PP

I imagine TSN thinks Gilroy is going to be signed like most of us do
I thought the same thing of the depth chart. Was pretty much in agreement with it.

And yes also agree with the Gilroy part.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Per the depth chart: it's largely right in terms of who's the best in their given positions, but I don't think it is a guide for who's going to play with whom.

I think there's little chance we'll end up playing most of the season with Nash-Richards-Gaborik together. It looks dreamy on paper, but in today's NHL, you rarely get one superstar line -- teams are so good defensively, coaches like to balance out the scoring a bit so you force the other team to choose when to throw on their best defenders. As we all know, Torts doesn't go by 1st-line, 2nd-line, etc. anyway.

Edit: looking at it again, on defence, I still think Staal can come back as strong or even stronger than either Girardi or McDonagh, but only time will tell.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Per the depth chart: it's largely right in terms of who's the best in their given positions, but I don't think it is a guide for who's going to play with whom.

I think there's little chance we'll end up playing most of the season with Nash-Richards-Gaborik together. It looks dreamy on paper, but in today's NHL, you rarely get one superstar line -- teams are so good defensively, coaches like to balance out the scoring a bit so you force the other team to choose when to throw on their best defenders. As we all know, Torts doesn't go by 1st-line, 2nd-line, etc. anyway.

Edit: looking at it again, on defence, I still think Staal can come back as strong or even stronger than either Girardi or McDonagh, but only time will tell.
imo he was already better than girardi in the playoffs but this year should show us who is the better LD staal or mcd

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

I say this all the time. I said it when the Nash trade was made. I don't think you should have all 3 on one line. It is stupid. Drop Gaborik to stepan's line, move callahan up to richards line. Even out the scoring. Callahan can win loose puck battles and get it to richards who can then setup nash. Stepan and Gaborik had chemistry on the GAS line last year with anisimov for a period of time. Insert Kreider.

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik

As far as the defense goes, it's a good problem to have deciphering who is your best defenseman out of 3 options.