HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit - Winnipeg

Old
01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

vCash: 500
Detroit - Winnipeg

Miller + Emmerton + Pulkkinen/Andersson

Slater + Redmond

Thoughts:

Both Miller and Slater produce around the same amount of points and both PK. With Slater being a center I would give him a slight edge. Emmerton is added to give Winnipeg back a center if one is need for the 4th line.

I understand Slater was signed to a new deal so not sure if he would even be available. That would be why the third guy is added to even it out. I would also guess Winnipeg wouldn't have an issue re-signing miller.

If the Jets weren't interested in moving Redmond maybe something around.

Miller + Emmerton
for
Slater + 4th

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
wingfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post

Miller + Emmerton + Pulkkinen/Andersson

Slater + Redmond

Thoughts:

Both Miller and Slater produce around the same amount of points and both PK. With Slater being a center I would give him a slight edge. Emmerton is added to give Winnipeg back a center if one is need for the 4th line.

I understand Slater was signed to a new deal so not sure if he would even be available. That would be why the third guy is added to even it out. I would also guess Winnipeg wouldn't have an issue re-signing miller.

If the Jets weren't interested in moving Redmond maybe something around.

Miller + Emmerton
for
Slater + 4th
This trade isn't worth the paperwork to file it, why? We have so much depth at center, and you're going to throw in Pulkkinen for pieces we don't need. No.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:05 PM
tfong

Don't think we need Slater, we already have Helm.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:08 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Slater would be used on the 4th line to center Abdelkader and Tootoo. Those three would be a very tough hard forchecking line. Plus this gets us a guy for the the 4th line that can actually win a draw.

Slater had a top 20 face off percentage last year. Yes he would be more valuable then Miller on the wing especially when we could move Abdelkader into his spot.

Last edited by probertrules24: 01-10-2013 at 07:14 PM.
probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Slater would be used on the 4th line to center Abdelkader and Tootoo. Those three would be a very tough hard forchecking line. Plus this gets us a guy for the the 4th line that can actually win a draw.

Slater had a top 20 face off percentage last year. Yes he would be more valuable then Miller on the wing especially when we could move Abdelkader into his spot.
No reason to do this IMO.

If you really want to move Abby to the wing why not just promote Andersson, rather than give away valuable pieces.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:25 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

I'd do Slater and a 4th for Miller and Emmerton. To Detroit Emmerton is useless now, so his value to me is nothing. I really like Miller, but if Slater is a good PKer I'd do it. Not the first deal though.

sully61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Don't think Winnipeg will bite. Slater (along with Thorburn) is the heart and soul of that team.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
Don't think Winnipeg will bite. Slater (along with Thorburn) is the heart and soul of that team.
I'd trade Thorburn in an instant.

Slater however is an outstanding faceoff guy and above average 4th liner. He played last year with Glass and Thorburn on a 3rd line shutdown group and looked like the only guy that wasn't completely overmatched.

Miller and Emmerton don't really show me anything enticing enough to deal Slater.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Inflict
Viking

Before the lockout, Slater was signed to a 3 year deal by the Jets, so it is unlikely that he will be traded.

Bogosian is also injured for at least another month so we might need Redmond. He was playing excellent hockey in the minors.

The 1st trade is good value wise, but the 2nd trade doesn't fit our needs as Miller isn't much of an upgrade over Miettinen.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote