Notices

2013 Schedule Discussion

Old
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Because I am a weirdo I broke down the Jets' schedule into some odd detail:

I looked at days of rest for the Jets and their opponents as well as opposition back to backs:
http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/...dule-breakdown

For example, 5 of the Jets back to back games are against opponents who are also playing their second game in two nights.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Because I am a weirdo I broke down the Jets' schedule into some odd detail:

I looked at days of rest for the Jets and their opponents as well as opposition back to backs:
http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/...dule-breakdown

For example, 5 of the Jets back to back games are against opponents who are also playing their second game in two nights.
Thanks for doing this, I started looking into it as well, then noticed your post

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Neither does gamecenter. Gamecenter is crappier then CBC
My GCL feed has always been great, whether it is through my PS3, my iPad, or through my PC onto my TV (PC onto TV gives me the best picture though with PiP options as well).

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:27 PM
broinwhyteridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Official Schedule

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=wpg

Awesome homestand at the end of the season
Let's hope they still mean something in the standings.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:16 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
My GCL feed has always been great, whether it is through my PS3, my iPad, or through my PC onto my TV (PC onto TV gives me the best picture though with PiP options as well).
Mine was awful. I think the NHL expanded too fast and didn't have the capacity to deal with it. They blamed my network. Yeah I don't think so. Only time MTS is slow is when they're doing upgrades.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Mine was awful. I think the NHL expanded too fast and didn't have the capacity to deal with it. They blamed my network. Yeah I don't think so. Only time MTS is slow is when they're doing upgrades.
Maybe something was wrong with your connection.
Last year I also used a load of different public wifi networks to watch games when I was out and never had issues on my IPad. It's great being able to go to McDonalds, buy a cup of coffee, and watch live hockey.

But I also have the fastest speed available from Shaw so maybe that has something to do with how well it streamed in hi def at home.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:44 PM
knorthern knight

vCash: 595
Quote:
Neither does gamecenter. Gamecenter is crappier then CBC
Is that NHL Gamecenter Live you're talking about? Your computer or your broadband may be at fault. I watch games on one of 2 computers at home...
  • My desktop is a 5 and 1/2 year old Dell which I'm trying to run into the ground. When I first installed Gentoo linux, it had the generic i686 code, and simply could not keep up with even the slowest stream that Gamecenter Live uses. Then I recompiled everything optimized for the cpus on the machine. It now plays the slowest stream adequately. It's not great quality, but acceptable on my desktop monitor.
  • In my living room, I have a newer linux machine with 8 gigs of ram, running in 64-bit mode. The Gamecenter Live menu has 3 or 4 diffent speed options available. This option does not show up on my desktop PC. The highest speed I see is 3.6 mbps. That one is OK even when fed to my 50" plasma TV
I grew up in Winnipeg, but live in the GTA now, so Gamecenter Live is worth it to me for following the Jets.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

For sure going to the Jets game in Tampa Bay on 2-1.

Making hotel reservations and buying tickets by the end of the week.

So stoked to see my guys play again in person! Hope it turns out better than the game I went to in Nashville last March.

Thrashers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
For sure going to the Jets game in Tampa Bay on 2-1.

Making hotel reservations and buying tickets by the end of the week.

So stoked to see my guys play again in person! Hope it turns out better than the game I went to in Nashville last March.
I hope so too.
I think its awesome that some of the Thrasher fans have stuck around and followed the team. You guys are a wealth of knowledge that only enhance the experience of all of us.
Hope its an awesome game for you, and we wreck those clowns

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:18 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I hope so too.
I think its awesome that some of the Thrasher fans have stuck around and followed the team. You guys are a wealth of knowledge that only enhance the experience of all of us.
Hope its an awesome game for you, and we wreck those clowns

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:03 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Did anyone ever post/figure out how to remove an imported old Jets calendar?
Going game-by-game takes forever.

Need to import the new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
First thing's first... Who can teach me how to remove the no longer valid 2012/2013 Jets schedule from Apple Calendar and let me download a shiny new 2013 schedule for the same program once the games are announced?

I can't remember where I got the old schedule from, but I think it was from a post on here, and not the official website. If there is no easier way, I could click through and erase the old games before getting a new schedule, since I don't use Calendar for much... but I assume there has to be an easier way! And since I was already coming here to beg for a 2013 Schedule, why not beg for removal instructions too!

Also, I'm sure most people have seen this, but Gary Lawless and Rick Ralph were tweeting out tidbits re. the first Jets game on the schedule. Sounds like it will be Devils @ Jets, Sat. Jan. 19, 1pm. An Edmonton radio journalist was tweeting that the Battle of Alberta would be taking place that same day. First game leaks seem pretty common, so I'm going to go with that. Rumours swirling that first day will also feature all 30 teams. That would have to involve some scheduling magic if there are no inter-conference games... since you'd have one team per conference without a partner for this hypothetical 15 game start-up. However, they could still create a balanced sked and have all 30 teams in play on Day 1 simply saying, all teams will play a) same # of games vs division rivals, and b) same # of games outside division.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Soble

Ok, this is pretty odd.

Not much diff between Tuesdays and Wednesdays right? Both days are nothing special. Well...

The Jets play EVERY Tuesday this season (14 games) and exactly ZERO times on Wednesdays. Crazy. Tuesdays should be renamed Jetsday.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

I just found out that all 3 of my Stats exams will likely clash (unless there's a change of schedule for unrelated reasons-unlikely) with hockey games. That's tough luck right there.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
Ok, this is pretty odd.

Not much diff between Tuesdays and Wednesdays right? Both days are nothing special. Well...

The Jets play EVERY Tuesday this season (14 games) and exactly ZERO times on Wednesdays. Crazy. Tuesdays should be renamed Jetsday.
And so it shall be done.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote