HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Allison and Deadmarsh

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Spitfire11

vCash: 500
Allison and Deadmarsh

What was the lastest word on these two? Are they both finished?

Old
02-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11
What was the lastest word on these two? Are they both finished?
Last time I heard Allison made a try a few months ago and it didn't go to well. Deader as been out and stayed out for at least a year now.

Doesn't look good. But hey with all the time off you never know.

Old
02-25-2005, 11:59 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I think they're both pathetic.

Allisons injury changes from week to week. How are they still injured?

Old
02-26-2005, 12:55 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

The latest word?

Last I heard, most fans are still saying **** when Allison and/or Deadmarsh are mentioned.

Old
02-26-2005, 08:23 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
I thought Allison was going to sign in Carolina, and I read somewhere a while ago that Deadmarsh was skating.

Old
02-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I thought Allison was going to sign in Carolina, and I read somewhere a while ago that Deadmarsh was skating.
Allison failed that physical.

THN did say Deadmarsh skated but I never saw a follow up

Old
02-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesRLikeWins4Us

I HIGHLY disagree on Deader. He's been total class all the way about his injuries and trying to come back. He has suffered a very bad concussion which sounds like it has left some permanent damage, who knows. If so, I feel very bad for the guy. Prime of his career, new twins, had it all.

Allison, yeah, we never fully knew what was wrong and there, I agree with you. I don't really care that he could not pass his physicial for Carolina. Sure it proves something is really wrong besides attitude, but what? That, indeed, did change from week to week. So he has a bowling charity, he looked half stoned there anyhow, IMO. :lol

Old
02-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:

Wash your mouth before speaking like that about Adam.
He was a true warrior.

Old
02-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Winsomemore

The only silver lining to this CBA lockout business is that there may be a slim chance that AD will be able to get back in the Game and play for the Kings once more with all this down time in the NHL.

As for Allison, I still think a lot of you all forget during our playoff run when he was skating injured and operating at 50% of his normal self. He sure tried to help even though he was shadow of his former self. I'd still take that guy for a Kings player in a hearbeat. Two words: Power Forward.

Old
02-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsomemore
The only silver lining to this CBA lockout business is that there may be a slim chance that AD will be able to get back in the Game and play for the Kings once more with all this down time in the NHL.

As for Allison, I still think a lot of you all forget during our playoff run when he was skating injured and operating at 50% of his normal self. He sure tried to help even though he was shadow of his former self. I'd still take that guy for a Kings player in a hearbeat. Two words: Power Forward.
I agree.
If I remember correctly, he had a Charley horse but he played game 6 & 7 of the Avs series.

Old
02-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Winsomemore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I agree.
If I remember correctly, he had a Charley horse but he played game 6 & 7 of the Avs series.
Yep. Those Av's games looked to be pretty brutal for him.

Old
02-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

the whole allison situation was extremely frustrating...i think thats why ppl are so negative towards him....but when he did play, he was always playing hard...i really respected him for that...even though most of the time he was being roughed up by other D mans

Old
02-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It is kind of odd to see this string of career ending injuries being suffered by recent Kings players. Aside from Allison and Deadmarsh, the careers of Steve Heinze and Ken Belanger were also cut short due to concussions.

Old
02-26-2005, 08:27 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I just don't see how they can still be injured..

Old
02-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

How about we have someone dump you head first into the boards and we'll see how you'll feel a year or two later.
You actually believe a guy like Deadmarsh would be dogging it? You have no right to call Deadmarsh "pathetic." What is pathetic is a bunch of whiners who post on message boards thinking they know it all.

Old
02-26-2005, 09:08 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
I just don't see how they can still be injured..
No Ziggy..

Whats pathetic is your reading skills.

I never said Adam was dogging it, Im just wondering how you can be injured for two years. I DO think its pathetic that they are still "out indefinitley" after numerous on-ice appearances in practice.

Old
02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
No Ziggy..

Whats pathetic is your reading skills.

I never said Adam was dogging it, Im just wondering how you can be injured for two years. I DO think its pathetic that they are still "out indefinitley" after numerous on-ice appearances in practice.
Posted by some fool: "I think they're both pathetic."

You should take yourself up on your own advice and improve on your reading and writing skills.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 02-26-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old
02-26-2005, 09:18 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Posted by some fool: "I think they're both pathetic."

You should take yourself up on your own advice and improve on your reading and writing skills.
*****!

Ok you got me. But I still thinks its "pathetic" that they are still injured. Its been awhile.

Old
02-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
*****!

Ok you got me. But I still thinks its "pathetic" that they are still injured. Its been awhile.
I don't see how it's pathetic. They can't control the concussion like symptoms. They are recurring injuries and it is very easy to reaggrivate it. It is sad but the truth of the matter is that it is very likely that they may not play hockey in the NHL ever again.
It's more sad than pathetic.

Old
02-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Matt13

Can we start an Allison Deadmarsh thread that is stuck to the top?

That way we can have daily updates to them never being Kings again?

Old
02-26-2005, 10:09 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I don't see how it's pathetic. They can't control the concussion like symptoms. They are recurring injuries and it is very easy to reaggrivate it. It is sad but the truth of the matter is that it is very likely that they may not play hockey in the NHL ever again.
It's more sad than pathetic.
Either way..

I would've had you if it weren't for that first post I had..

Old
02-26-2005, 10:35 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Can we start an Allison Deadmarsh thread that is stuck to the top?

That way we can have daily updates to them never being Kings again?
During the season last year, there was a thread started by Face Wash with the topic that said, "Before you come to the Kings board asking about Ally and Deader..."

and inside it said... "We Don't Know!!! The trainers don't know.. the Kings don't know.. they don't know!!!" or something to that effect.. LOL. It was a good thread to post updates in, so they stickied it. It worked too.

As for Ties' comments.. it may seem pathetic that they are both injured to you.. but when you're dealing with injuries to the head.. there is no certainty. Especially with the history that Adam has. I think he suffered like 2 or 3 concussions in one season with the Kings (correct me if I'm wrong). He has worked hard to coming back.. but he's been through a lot of setbacks in his attempts. One minute he's skating on the ice.. the next minute, he runs into Jozef Stumpel and suffers a setback (read that in the paper).. that's just sad.

Old
02-26-2005, 11:11 PM
two out of three*

But as far as Allison goes... He's a great player, but I don't know if he's really injured.

Old
02-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
During the season last year, there was a thread started by Face Wash with the topic that said, "Before you come to the Kings board asking about Ally and Deader..."

and inside it said... "We Don't Know!!! The trainers don't know.. the Kings don't know.. they don't know!!!" or something to that effect.. LOL. It was a good thread to post updates in, so they stickied it. It worked too.

As for Ties' comments.. it may seem pathetic that they are both injured to you.. but when you're dealing with injuries to the head.. there is no certainty. Especially with the history that Adam has. I think he suffered like 2 or 3 concussions in one season with the Kings (correct me if I'm wrong). He has worked hard to coming back.. but he's been through a lot of setbacks in his attempts. One minute he's skating on the ice.. the next minute, he runs into Jozef Stumpel and suffers a setback (read that in the paper).. that's just sad.

Yeah Dammit!!!! (note: that was the first and last time anyone's ever stickied anything I've done here... I'd like to thank the academy, and all those who voted for me. I'd like to thank my parents, and jfont, for always believing in me... I'd like to thank Kingsjohn for teaching me how to type.... and if I've forgotten anyone, you know how I feel about you all.)

Old
02-27-2005, 01:05 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Yeah Dammit!!!! (note: that was the first and last time anyone's ever stickied anything I've done here... I'd like to thank the academy, and all those who voted for me. I'd like to thank my parents, and jfont, for always believing in me... I'd like to thank Kingsjohn for teaching me how to type.... and if I've forgotten anyone, you know how I feel about you all.)

Closed Thread