HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan On Gun Control

Old
01-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Johnny LaRue

vCash: 500
What really makes me laugh is the thought of if there actually were secret government agents out to get Alex Jones. That would be hilarious.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
Jones lied as always...Morgan let him make a **** of himself & he duly obliged. Jones looked like the gobby tard he is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
We must have watched different editions of the interview because that was not what I saw.
The funny thing is how Jones hates the government yet cited FBI statistics repeatedly.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

I'm not a fan of either, but Alex is hurting his cause more than helping it. He makes a few good points, but the fact that he's yelling and screaming and is seemingly unable to have a civilized conversation hurts his cause. He made a total nutcase out of himself on nation television.

The thing that kills me is that Alex Jones is this hard-core constitutionalist, but the second someone exercises their 1st amendment right to criticize the 2nd amendment, Alex Jones is calling for his deportation from "his" country.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
What really makes me laugh is the thought of if there actually were secret government agents out to get Alex Jones. That would be hilarious.
No kidding. It's not like he's hard to find. If the government was so awesome at what it does, wouldn't these agents have found him by now?

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:51 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
I don't think you'll find many that want to ban guns entirely that wouldn't engage in reasonable talk. Do you have an example of such a person? I'm somewhat new to this debate, so not aware of all of the fringe players.

However, the "from my cold, dead hands crowd", I don't have much of an issue painting them as looney and their opinions unmovable.
Wow, Gobias! You're like the nice version of ChicagoBlues! I mentioned in a thread last month or so that you (and a few others) keep me a little bit centered and grounded.
To expand a little on your "gang related shooting" point, the only time that I saw a real gang shooting occur is when arrested dealers/gang members get out of jail and fight for their corner (market).

Every once in a while the cops come through the hood (used to live in a gang-infested neighborhood) and clear the corners (arrest the dealers). Rivals come in to fill the market-provider void (users don't from whom they buy-they go to the same corners), but when the resident "gang members" bond out of jail they start shooting and that is when real gang shootings occur.

Most of the rest is petty BS.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 01-09-2013 at 06:57 AM.
ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Vyacheslav
Twenty-four

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
I'm not a fan of either, but Alex is hurting his cause more than helping it. He makes a few good points, but the fact that he's yelling and screaming and is seemingly unable to have a civilized conversation hurts his cause. He made a total nutcase out of himself on nation television.

The thing that kills me is that Alex Jones is this hard-core constitutionalist, but the second someone exercises their 1st amendment right to criticize the 2nd amendment, Alex Jones is calling for his deportation from "his" country.
Maybe Alex Jones is the Manchurian Candidate

Vyacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Wow, Gobias! You're like the nice version of ChicagoBlues! I mentioned in a thread last month or so that you (and a few others) keep me a little bit centered and grounded.
To expand a little on your "gang related shooting" point, the only time that I saw a real gang shooting occur is when arrested dealers/gang members get out of jail and fight for their corner (market).

Every once in a while the cops come through the hood (used to live in a gang-infested neighborhood) and clear the corners (arrest the dealers). Rivals come in to fill the market-provider void (users don't from whom they buy-they go to the same corners), but when the resident "gang members" bond out of jail they start shooting and that is when real gang shootings occur.

Most of the rest is petty BS.
Appreciate the specifics and personal experience. I've only ever lived in nice little cities in Ontario, and then the harbourfront of Toronto so I've never had any exposure to crime. So it's probably much easier (and maybe naive) for me to see the good in everyone, and harder to find a need for protection from or doubts about the people around me.

But even with that easy experience, I find it dehumanizing to trumpet proudly that violence limited to "gang members". Not that gang activity is worth defending, but I certainly think the type of thought that says, "Criminals are criminals, gang members are gang members, and the rest of us, citizens!" will only have negative consequences in the long run. Any long lasting reform will come from less judgement and more infrastructure and support for lower income families.

Almost everything in life is on a spectrum, but we continue to cast everything as a black and white issue.

Last edited by Gobias Industries: 01-09-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post

And Piers Morgan shouts down anyone on CNN. "Answer the question! Answer the question! Answer the question! Answer the question! Will you answer the question?" after which he recycles the same argument every time about AR-15's.

Piers has no creativity at all and recycles the same debate lines, and Alex Jones is a crazy wacko who screams nonsense. When the two collided, it was sheer entertainment. Nothing more

That's cable news for you

Old
01-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
And Piers Morgan shouts down anyone on CNN. "Answer the question! Answer the question! Answer the question! Answer the question! Will you answer the question?" after which he recycles the same argument every time about AR-15's.

Piers has no creativity at all and recycles the same debate lines, and Alex Jones is a crazy wacko who screams nonsense. When the two collided, it was sheer entertainment. Nothing more

I won't listen to any defense of Alex Jones, but similarly, I agree that shouldn't mean we're defending Piers Morgan.

I've always hated him in the way I hate Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh, the intelligence is there but it's superceded by a need to shock and attract viewership. Terrible ramifications for the media and these guys do it proudly.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:

Being honest, if I want someone to answer a question and they don't and just skip it by as if it wasn't asked, then I'd keep asking too. Clearly, Alex Jones had trouble answering those questions.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Being honest, if I want someone to answer a question and they don't and just skip it by as if it wasn't asked, then I'd keep asking too. Clearly, Alex Jones had trouble answering those questions.
But that's his MO. He always says "Answer the question"

Not willing to discuss or debate anyone who is on the opposing side

Listen, I had no problem with Piers before this, and it was brought up earlier, but the whole notion of him even being associated with hacking phones is stupid. Piers seemed to be a bit of an elitist, but I didn't mind. It's these last few weeks which have really made him into this moral-soapbox crusader who shouts down all that dare oppose him. He is simply being a clown at this point, and I'm as CNN homer as you can get.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Quote:
But that's his MO. He always says "Answer the question"

Not willing to discuss or debate anyone who is on the opposing side

Listen, I had no problem with Piers before this, and it was brought up earlier, but the whole notion of him even being associated with hacking phones is stupid. Piers seemed to be a bit of an elitist, but I didn't mind. It's these last few weeks which have really made him into this moral-soapbox crusader who shouts down all that dare oppose him. He is simply being a clown at this point, and I'm as CNN homer as you can get.
Well I am sure that his schtick can get tiresome, but when you have on a guest and that person rants like a lunatic for 2 minutes, and then you ask one question to rebut his argument and he charges on to some other lunacy or insinuates that he wants to fight you, trying to stay on point with your question is probably the right move. With someone sane and intelligent it may be a bad ploy, but Alex Jones is neither of those things.

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
tape to tape

Is Alex Jones is in the $50 million club?

If he is, then he most certainly would not be a tax evader, as the IRS would definately use their resources to go after him. Then again, if he is in the $50 million club he can afford decent tax lawyers and accountants that know the loopholes. No need for tax evasion.

He endorses many products, sells videos, books, tee-shirts, etc. He gets 3 million hits per month on his website. He has "money-bomb" campaigns where he raises money for a new film he is working on or a new studio he wants to build.

Is he working for the establishment?

If you phone in to the Alex Jones radio show, you can talk about criminal elements of government, the industrial military complex, the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergers, etc. If special guest David Icke makes an appearance, feel free to discuss shape-shifting reptilians from the dog star Sirius. Or, how the Royals are baby eating occultists.

Do not discuss the presense of a powerful Jewish lobby in the US.

Do not at any time point your finger in the general direction of Israel.

Do not raise the issue of exhorbitant tax dollars being spent to fight wars in Israel's backyard.

And whatever you do, don't even think about uttering that unspeakable buzzword 'Zionist'.

These are things that will get you disconnected from the Alex Jones radio show.

tape to tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tape to tape View Post
Is Alex Jones is in the $50 million club?

If he is, then he most certainly would not be a tax evader, as the IRS would definately use their resources to go after him. Then again, if he is in the $50 million club he can afford decent tax lawyers and accountants that know the loopholes. No need for tax evasion.
Even if he was only in the $50 thousand club, the IRS would go after him merely to prove a point if he really did not pay taxes.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Free Kassian

Somebody is giving him money to broadcast his wacked-out ********. Whoever that is should be ashamed.

Free Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Somebody is giving him money to broadcast his wacked-out ********. Whoever that is should be ashamed.
Hard to feel shame when you're making money.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Hard to feel shame when you're making money.
What is so hilarious is that I really think that Alex Jones is convinced that super secret government agents are always following him around. Reminds me of the movie Burn After Reading.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Johnny LaRue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
No kidding. It's not like he's hard to find. If the government was so awesome at what it does, wouldn't these agents have found him by now?
They're just keeping their eye on him. Following his movements so he can lead them to his secret resistance cell.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:31 PM
ddawg1950

One of the great things I learned in my earlier career is that Nuts always identify themselves really quickly.

That's how we know they are Nuts.

The thing we have a lot more dfficulty in telling is when some of those Nuts go all in on violence.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
What is so hilarious is that I really think that Alex Jones is convinced that super secret government agents are always following him around. Reminds me of the movie Burn After Reading.
I thought he might be worried... about the security of his ****.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

http://twitter.com/guypbenson/status...09943828262912
Quote:
Brainstorm: CNN should change the show title to "How Dare You? with @piersmorgan." A full hour of feigned indignation every night.
Sums it up

Back to his same old **** last night too

Old
01-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Wetcoaster

Here is Piers Morgan with Breitbart editor-at-large Ben Shapiro on his program Thursday night to continue the gun control debate.

Shapiro called Morgan a “bully” who is “standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook.”

“I watch your show. And I’ve seen it repeatedly. What you tend to do is you tend to demonize people who differ from you politically by standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook, saying they don’t seem to care enough about the dead kids. If they cared more about the dead kids, they would agree with you on policy.”

“How dare you?” Morgan retorted.

Here is a recent interview Piers Morgan did with the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20967687

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote