HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Whats wrong with Setoguchi!?!

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Eb0la11

vCash: 500
Whats wrong with Setoguchi!?!

He hasnt been putting up the numbers at all lately, I check almost every game they play and in like the last 7-8 he maybe has 2 points!!?!?! Anyone able to see him regularlly? I saw him in calgary on Sunday and he wasnt hisself, looked like he wasnt playing as big of a role for Saskatoon? Maybe with the playoffs nearing they are looking to their older players?

Old
02-26-2005, 10:17 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11
He hasnt been putting up the numbers at all lately, I check almost every game they play and in like the last 7-8 he maybe has 2 points!!?!?! Anyone able to see him regularlly? I saw him in calgary on Sunday and he wasnt hisself, looked like he wasnt playing as big of a role for Saskatoon? Maybe with the playoffs nearing they are looking to their older players?
honestely, I don't care if he produces or not. He's a very good player and if we can't get Crosby or Bourret, I hope the habs grab him.

Old
02-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
I'll disagree with you.

I saw him in that same game Sunday, and was quite impressed with the way he played. From what I could tell he was used in all situations, including both special teams, created a few good chances, and had a few scoring chances as well.

Overall, for my first time seeing him live, I liked the way he played.

His February stats though cant be disregarded. He's only had two points in the month of February (in ten games) and was -5 during that span.

02-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Eb0la11

yeah thats all Im really worried about and I agree that its not a big worry because he is so versatile. I like Setoguchi alot, Ive seen him play live 3 times this year now though and that sunday game was the worst of the three for him. I didnt think he got as much ice time.

Old
02-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Form and Substance

I think he'll slip in the rankings if he doesn't light up the lamp soon, maybe around 25-30 ish.

Old
02-27-2005, 09:19 AM
goteam

Quote:
His whole line has not played well for a few weeks, so yes, he was moved to the fourth line for a game or two. But the lines were re-juggled before Friday night's game and Setoguchi was back with Joe Barnes and Aaron Bader, his regular linemates.

Old
02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Conviniently enough, take a look at this!

(cheap plug alert!)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
02-27-2005, 06:52 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
Conviniently enough, take a look at this!

(cheap plug alert!)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0
Aaron...
What do you think of Eric Fehr? Since you are a WHL writer, I wonder if you can tell me if his game will translate and your impression of Fehr. Thanks in advance.

Old
02-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Aaron...
What do you think of Eric Fehr? Since you are a WHL writer, I wonder if you can tell me if his game will translate and your impression of Fehr. Thanks in advance.
Not exactly blazing speed out of Fehr, but he's got a fairly long stride that gets him around about as fast as he needs to go at the moment. If he can improve his first step, he'd be doing a lot towards playing in the NHL.

He's not as physical as I figured he would be before I saw him, especially for a player that's 6'4. He doesn't go around and throw bodies around on the ice.

Obviously his biggest asset is his shot. More specifically, how fast and hard he's able to get off his wrist shot. His shooting ability is already NHL calabre, and it'll be one of the better shots the moment he steps into the NHL. His release is the best in the Western league, and I'd gather there probably aren't too many better in the CHL.

Closed Thread