HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FYI: Maroon Waived

Old
01-13-2013, 01:40 PM
PlagerBros*

vCash: 500
FYI: Maroon Waived

According to McKenzie tweet St. Louis boy Pat Maroon has been placed on waivers.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChChChChimo View Post
According to McKenzie tweet St. Louis boy Pat Maroon has been placed on waivers.
Are you suggesting that Peoria should sign him to an AHL contract?

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:02 PM
PlagerBros*

Where did i say anything like that? I was simply posting info about a St. Louis born player.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I would definitely be in favor of the Blues picking him up. Adding a PPG player to Peoria's roster, and adding a big body that can play 4th line minutes if need be on the big club is a great idea. There's almost no risk, but a potentially big reward.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

I remember people here complaining about the Blues drafting Peluso right ahead of him. Didn't seem to have the discipline to be an NHLer, skating also apparently held him back.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:22 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
I remember people here complaining about the Blues drafting Peluso right ahead of him. Didn't seem to have the discipline to be an NHLer, skating also apparently held him back.
Discipline is an issue, but he has better hands and a better shot than you average NHL 4th liner. I haven't seen him skate in person since he was in high school lol, so I don't really have anything to add to that. I'd love the Rivs to give him a shot.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Pat wasn't too happy about it either. He still has some character building to do if he ever wants to play in the NHL.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
STL fan in IA

If the Blues pick him up, he goes on the Blues roster, not the Rivs roster. For him to get to the Rivs, the Blues would then also have to place him on waivers...and then have no other team take him. I wouldn't necessarily be against that but I don't think they really need to make that move.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
If the Blues pick him up, he goes on the Blues roster, not the Rivs roster. For him to get to the Rivs, the Blues would then also have to place him on waivers...and then have no other team take him. I wouldn't necessarily be against that but I don't think they really need to make that move.
No, I don't think so. Once a player gets claimed, they have a one way contract which must get honored. So, he can either be placed in the AHL or NHL, but needs to pass through waivers if he wanted to be called up or sent down. The blues could claim him and put him on Peoria but they would need him to pass through waivers to get to the NHL.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
No, I don't think so. Once a player gets claimed, they have a one way contract which must get honored. So, he can either be placed in the AHL or NHL, but needs to pass through waivers if he wanted to be called up or sent down. The blues could claim him and put him on Peoria but they would need him to pass through waivers to get to the NHL.
Sorry, but unless they completely altered the waivers process in the new CBA, that's not how waivers work at all. It's not like a player automatically gets a one-way contract if they're picked up on waivers. Perhaps you're thinking of how waivers works in video games? I've never understood why EA Sports purposely screws up waivers in their games. All it does is confuse fans as to how it actually works. In the event that you aren't aware, waivers has absolutely nothing to do with one-way or two-way contracts like it does in video games either.

The only change to waivers in the new CBA which I've seen is that re-call waivers are now gone.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:58 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Where are the Blues against their 50 contract limit? I seem to remember they were flirting with the limit a couple times recent years.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
sh724

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Where are the Blues against their 50 contract limit? I seem to remember they were flirting with the limit a couple times recent years.
I believe they are at 47

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote