HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle

Old
01-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Kaberle

For free? Anyone? Please take him!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
What is this? He actually looked good during camp and last game.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Habsawce

Please tell me you're joking.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
What is this? He actually looked good during camp and last game.
So glad I don't have to be this guy anymore.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Carey Chant

He's worth a semi eaten Fruit roll up that has fallen on the floor but you picked most of the dirt off. I.E cap space fodder.

I'm glad he shot the puck a little more last game but the were still cheating on him during the powerplay.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
2 firsts and a second

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Please tell me you're joking.
played 20min, 3 shots, even...

wasn't an issue last game...he was wtv

Markov played 24 min last game, looked great, so with him being the pp QB, Kaberle is almost useless, so wait until the trade deadline and you can get a 2nd/3rd round pick for him.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Prairie Habs

I'm sure we can dump him for a pick at the deadline. Zidlicky was doing really poorly in MIN but they still managed to get a 2nd out of NJ. STL might have been interested before they got Redden, now I think the best option is to wait for a playoff team to get an injury and get desperate.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
played 20min, 3 shots, even...

wasn't an issue last game...he was wtv

Markov played 24 min last game, looked great, so with him being the pp QB, Kaberle is almost useless, so wait until the trade deadline and you can get a 2nd/3rd round pick for him.
He was terrible in the offensive zone, I don't even want to know how many times the puck rolled off his stick out of the zone to kill a chance for us. He also really didn't do anything for us in the transition game which we needed as we were missing PK. He looked pretty good in the team scrimmage a couple days before though and he had solid numbers in Europe so I will give him some time to improve. One bad game isn't the end of the world.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I'm sure we can dump him for a pick at the deadline. Zidlicky was doing really poorly in MIN but they still managed to get a 2nd out of NJ. STL might have been interested before they got Redden, now I think the best option is to wait for a playoff team to get an injury and get desperate.
I can see either the oilers/flyers/pens taking a chance if you eat some salary.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Even in a sloppy game 1 for all parties involved, I thought he looked a little slimmer and sharper than last year. He did bobble the puck at the blueline a bit, but he was far from alone in that. It's still a projection... but if he takes last year's ability to produce a little bit, and has a bit more jump in his step that lets him be more effective/brave in his own zone, I think he is worth something. Not sure what. A pick at the deadline would be nice.

I agree that he's redundant for the Habs looking ahead, though. Assuming Markov doesn't get hurt again. Diaz looks like a quicker, much much cheaper version of Kaberle, maybe one who can/will shoot a bit more too.

Teams who think they *might* need a PMD should at least monitor Kaberle, he probably has a decent chance of being available, anyway.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Halifaxhab*

Starlight star bright, first star I see tonight...I wish I may I wish I might have a 3rd round pick tonight

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Even in a sloppy game 1 for all parties involved, I thought he looked a little slimmer and sharper than last year. He did bobble the puck at the blueline a bit, but he was far from alone in that. It's still a projection... but if he takes last year's ability to produce a little bit, and has a bit more jump in his step that lets him be more effective/brave in his own zone, I think he is worth something. Not sure what. A pick at the deadline would be nice.

I agree that he's redundant for the Habs looking ahead, though. Assuming Markov doesn't get hurt again. Diaz looks like a quicker, much much cheaper version of Kaberle, maybe one who can/will shoot a bit more too.

Teams who think they *might* need a PMD should at least monitor Kaberle, he probably has a decent chance of being available, anyway.
Now if only Diaz could actually pass the puck.

So Montreal defense is probably at an all time low missing Subban and hab fans want to trade one of their few dmen that looked decent? Oh hab fans never change.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Zoombie

vCash: 50
Habs will need him once Markov gets injured. Which won't be long if he keeps turning his back to traffic...

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Habsawce

The bobbling of the puck and losing the zone multiple times was painful. He's ridiculously redundant on this team and I just hope MB can get something for him so we don't have to waste a buy out on him in the off-season.

Unfortunately I don't see this happening since he still has another year on his contract.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
The bobbling of the puck and losing the zone multiple times was painful. He's ridiculously redundant on this team and I just hope MB can get something for him so we don't have to waste a buy out on him in the off-season.

Unfortunately I don't see this happening since he still has another year on his contract.
Zidlicky was playing even worse than Kaberle last season at the time of his trade, and when traded, he had 1 additional year left on his contract at around 4M aswell..

puck moving d-men get good value at the trade deadline, and with short season, a lot of teams are going to be close to playoff position, so a lot more buyers than sellers.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

I think he missed one very bad pass and looked excellent the rest of the game with his first pass out of the zone. When Kaberle wasn't starting the rush the habs could barely make it out of their own zone with 4 passes.

This is nonsense, try to hide your bias a little better than that please.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Zidlicky was playing even worse than Kaberle last season at the time of his trade, and when traded, he had 1 additional year left on his contract at around 4M aswell..

puck moving d-men get good value at the trade deadline, and with short season, a lot of teams are going to be close to playoff position, so a lot more buyers than sellers.
I hope you're right dawg!

Old
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
And with the cap coming down, maybe not a lot of teams will want to risk adding extra cap commits. But flip side, probably not a lot of teams are likely to use up their compliance buyouts either, so they will have an out either way.

I'd be a little disappointed if the Habs couldn't get at least a 3rd rounder, say, if they end up being sellers at the deadline. Disappointed, though not surprised. But of course, there are still a couple busy months of hockey left to play to find out where the Habs might sit on the "seller" list, and to gauge how Kaberle is playing relative to the Habs' needs at that time. Something to watch moving ahead in the season... we can't say definitively right now what should be done.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think he missed one very bad pass and looked excellent the rest of the game with his first pass out of the zone. When Kaberle wasn't starting the rush the habs could barely make it out of their own zone with 4 passes.

This is nonsense, try to hide your bias a little better than that please.
Not trying to hide it. Don't like Kaberle as a player for Montreal, and have never liked the trade from the get go.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
goleafsgo87*

a 3rd pick

goleafsgo87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Kaberle looked better than most of the team did on Saturday. That might not be saying much, but this is standard Habs fan overreaction to a bad game.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:06 PM
ginovegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
He was terrible in the offensive zone, I don't even want to know how many times the puck rolled off his stick out of the zone to kill a chance for us. He also really didn't do anything for us in the transition game which we needed as we were missing PK. He looked pretty good in the team scrimmage a couple days before though and he had solid numbers in Europe so I will give him some time to improve. One bad game isn't the end of the world.
Puck hopped over his stick 2 times in the game, can't blame him for that
as far as the rest goes he played 2o minutes plus and was a +- 0
he was not on ice for Toronto's 2 powerplay goals
So lets give the guy a break its 1 game and we can't say anything better about most of the other players

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycanada87 View Post
a 3rd pick
A 3rd is kinda like my default starting point hope-for return. If he is really attrocious, then I guess we won't get that and will have to buy him out. If he's better than this, something like the Hal Gill return, like a 2nd and maybe another asset is my upside hope.

I'm pretty optimistic so far that he'll hit the "upside". Go TK!

Old
01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
TSA0402

Its his contract. Really though a guy like Tomas Kaberle should have more value than alot people here would like to admit.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote