HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  #26
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Its funny, you keep on living in the past, wake up and its the present. From the looks of things the Hawks management don't have much faith in Hammer, with the signing of Rozsival, Brookbank and resigning of Oduya. Then there is rumor that the Hawks were shopping Hammer around, most part it was due to his salary, but in part he wasn't filling out to his potential.

Hjalmarsson is a good position D and a great shot blocker, but he has no grit, which you need to be a good 2nd pairing stay at home D.
What is grit?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
  #27
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
What is grit?
A delicious Native American dish made from corn.


Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
  #28
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Its funny, you keep on living in the past, wake up and its the present. From the looks of things the Hawks management don't have much faith in Hammer, with the signing of Rozsival, Brookbank and resigning of Oduya. Then there is rumor that the Hawks were shopping Hammer around, most part it was due to his salary, but in part he wasn't filling out to his potential.

Hjalmarsson is a good position D and a great shot blocker, but he has no grit, which you need to be a good 2nd pairing stay at home D.
What past, as in 2011-12 past? He was on the 2nd pairing for the majority of the year, until his concussion.

The reason the Hawks signed all those Dmen was to have depth, it's better to have those guys than relying on Leddy to play big minutes, and having guys like Sean O'Donnell. That and the uncertainty of Montador moving forward.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
  #29
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
What past, as in 2011-12 past? He was on the 2nd pairing for the majority of the year, until his concussion.

The reason the Hawks signed all those Dmen was to have depth, it's better to have those guys than relying on Leddy to play big minutes, and having guys like Sean O'Donnell. That and the uncertainty of Montador moving forward.
I've had the same argument with this same troll, he goes on about how Hammer is barely a third pairing NHL'er every time the name comes up. Don't even bother.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:08 AM
  #30
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
Does anyone feel that Hjalmarsson has any room to improve? The could of time that I saw him I thought he had a similar style to a Kenny Jonsson, A previous local Favorite around these parts. Do you think he has the ability if given the chance to play first line minutes or do you think he maxes out at a 2nd pairing?

I still think the best for The Islanders is to make a trade like this, We become weaker up front but we solidify our back end. If we force Visnovsky here we can either make our Back-end stronger or trade him to make our forward group better.

Striet - Visnovsky
Hjalmarsson - Hamonic
MacDonald - Carkner

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
  #31
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
Bozak for Hjalmarsson.

Leafs need to bolster Defence, especially guys who actually know how to play the PK and in their own zone. Hjalmarsson isn't perfect, but then again neither is Bozak as a top 6 C.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
  #32
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Hang on: you Hawks fans would add to Hjalmarsson for Nielsen?
I wouldn't, I was just answering a question about Pirri.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:04 AM
  #33
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,452
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Bozak for Hjalmarsson.

Leafs need to bolster Defence, especially guys who actually know how to play the PK and in their own zone. Hjalmarsson isn't perfect, but then again neither is Bozak as a top 6 C.
I could live with that

Bozak would be capable #2 C IMO between Sharp/Hossa on 2nd line

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
  #34
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Nielsen and a 2nd for Hjalmarsson and Kruger?

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:53 PM
  #35
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,260
vCash: 500
Nielsen is under contract for 4 years, Hjalmarsson is under contract for 2. Nielsen has inflated value to the Islanders.

Nielsen has been with the organization for 7 years, longer than anyone not named DiPietro. The Islanders know him better than anyone, and he knows them. There was a time where I thought he wasn't physical enough. Well, he re-thought his game and made an art of playing non-physical defense. I think he is the third most valuable player on our team (after Tavares and Streit).

Trading Nielsen opens up a bigger hole he's meant to fill. Not worth it.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
  #36
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 50
I think the Jets would be interested in Hammer as well, but probably more interested in Leddy.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:59 PM
  #37
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I think the Jets would be interested in Hammer as well, but probably more interested in Leddy.
Really?

Jets have Enstrom, Bfuglien, Bogosian, Hainsey, and Stuart, with Trouba longterm. I'd imagine a Centre would be top priority?

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.