Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Thoughts On Zetterberg

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2005, 09:19 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Thoughts On Zetterberg

I've heard so many good reports on the play of Henrik Zetterberg.
Just wondering what you guys think of his game. Has he improved? There are two aspects of Z's game the must improve if he is to become an elite NHLers. One: Skating. He's a bit choppy and not quite as quick as he could probably be. Two: Overall strength.

Old
02-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
I would go as far and say that overall he has been the most dominant forward in the league this season. Huselius has scored points like a maniac, Forsberg had a couple of insane games.. but several poor ones as well.. while Zetterberg has been very consistent IMO.

He does not have that extra gear, and in fact it is probably accurate to call him an average skater, but the balance on his skates has been very good and his technical skills has allowed him to be dominant, when the lack of speed has been an obstacle.

Experts and commentators have been raving in the media about Zetterberg becoming the next Forsberg, and so on. That will not occur IMO, but I definitely see him becoming a player with at least the same star status in the NHL as for example Daniel Alfredsson.

Old
02-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

I'm starting to think that maybe Zetterberg doesn't have to improve that much more physicly or even technically. He can outsmart the best of them and because of his brains he will improve even more with experience. 6th sense?

Old
02-26-2005, 11:55 AM
B Boarding

With the veteran squad gone in Detroit and increased responsibilities (PP, PK and so on) I think that Z is gonna be a fine 1st line center and captain. He might already be good enough to score 70 points.

Old
02-26-2005, 02:10 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Zetterberg has abilities Forsberg doesn't, i.e. Zetterbergs defensive skills are world class and better than Forsbergs. Please note that Zetterberg isn't a goalscorer, he's a typical Mats Näslund kind of player... that is the guy who gets the assist most of the time. His technique is great without a doubt but i like his balance better...the guy probably has the best balance in the hockeyworld..

Old
02-27-2005, 12:53 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Thanks ...
I'm still wondering who will be better: Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Both have great balance, but still need to get stronger so they aren't manhandled by big defensemen - particularly in the playoffs.
Both have a great work ethic along the boards and in their own zone.
Datsyuk has a better radar for the offensive game. And he's quicker. Better stickhandling moves. Better shot.
But Zetterberg seems to be the smarter of the two. ANd he also seems to have leadership characteristics not shared by Datsyuk.

I wish the WIngs had never picked up Robert Lang and instead gone for a big/skilled winger.
The WIngs still have Datsyuk and Draper at center. And it appears as if Zetterberg should play center as well. Lang at center seems to be overkill. The draft pick and prospect would have been better spent on a winger.

Old
02-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
I wish the WIngs had never picked up Robert Lang and instead gone for a big/skilled winger.
The WIngs still have Datsyuk and Draper at center. And it appears as if Zetterberg should play center as well. Lang at center seems to be overkill. The draft pick and prospect would have been better spent on a winger.
I agree with that. But then again they should probably have stayed away from Whitney too..

Old
02-27-2005, 09:46 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
I agree with that. But then again they should probably have stayed away from Whitney too..
And Hatcher, too.

Closed Thread