HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#FireLefebvre

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
  #1
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
#FireLefebvre

Guy can't coach for ****.

Fire his ass.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
  #2
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 11,704
vCash: 500
I laughed.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:45 PM
  #3
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,509
vCash: 500
notice whenever a team isn t performing, montreal s answer is always that the coach can t coach?

also: notice hamilton is full of rookies right now?

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:46 PM
  #4
TYLENOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Lets bring back Jacques Martin ... Lol

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
  #5
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,065
vCash: 500
He's pretty terrible.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
  #6
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,809
vCash: 1976
youngest team in the league with no real star forward, dont know what people expect from them

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:01 PM
  #7
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
youngest team in the league with no real star forward, dont know what people expect from them
Maybe for the prospects not to regress so badly under him? Leblanc ain't a world beater but he's only getting worse, Palushaj has no NHL future but should be good at this level, Nattinen hasn't build on his great end of last year, and Avtsin, one of the few guys who looked to actually be developing under Lefebvre, is now a healthy scratch in favor of useless plugs.

Also there seems to be no coherent attempt to match lines and the power play sucks.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:06 PM
  #8
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Guy can't coach for ****.

Fire his ass.
#internetbowman

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
  #9
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Maybe for the prospects not to regress so badly under him? Leblanc ain't a world beater but he's only getting worse, Palushaj has no NHL future but should be good at this level, Nattinen hasn't build on his great end of last year, and Avtsin, one of the few guys who looked to actually be developing under Lefebvre, is now a healthy scratch in favor of useless plugs.

Also there seems to be no coherent attempt to match lines and the power play sucks.
Well then fire everybody else 'cause seems the Habs brass was there not too long with the "go on Sylvain, we have your back" type of message.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:20 PM
  #10
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,809
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Maybe for the prospects not to regress so badly under him? Leblanc ain't a world beater but he's only getting worse, Palushaj has no NHL future but should be good at this level, Nattinen hasn't build on his great end of last year, and Avtsin, one of the few guys who looked to actually be developing under Lefebvre, is now a healthy scratch in favor of useless plugs.

Also there seems to be no coherent attempt to match lines and the power play sucks.
youngest team in the league, remember that
kids get tired, they arent robots

noone to protect them either...ya, stortini fights, but he gets his face punched in every time he drops the gloves.

Much like most fans, stop seeing our forward prospects as so top of the line...they arent all that good

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:26 PM
  #11
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
youngest team in the league, remember that
kids get tired, they arent robots

noone to protect them either...ya, stortini fights, but he gets his face punched in every time he drops the gloves.

Much like most fans, stop seeing our forward prospects as so top of the line...they arent all that good
Yeah and it's like that new habs brass is out to prove it whatever the cost.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:38 PM
  #12
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
notice whenever a team isn t performing, montreal s answer is always that the coach can t coach?
Just wait until they start getting on Therrien. And make no mistake about it. It will happen.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
  #13
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Just wait until they start getting on Therrien. And make no mistake about it. It will happen.
It already has started, some of us remember the first time.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:43 PM
  #14
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Just wait until they start getting on Therrien. And make no mistake about it. It will happen.
We're such an odd media structure such that for the first years of L'Antichambre, the manchettes were often not favourable to Carbo.

He then becomes part of that gang, along with (more recently), Therrien, who (if you watched at all) pretty much laid out his opinions about the Habs (prior to being hired).

Now he's the coach and all his buddies will be ripping him apart from time to time.

I really think the biggest ? this season is going to be who Therrien v2.0 is.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:45 PM
  #15
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Just wait until they start getting on Therrien. And make no mistake about it. It will happen.
You mean it hasn't already? Not many of us were looking forward to seeing what Therrien would have in store for us his second time around.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:48 PM
  #16
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
We're such an odd media structure such that for the first years of L'Antichambre, the manchettes were often not favourable to Carbo.

He then becomes part of that gang, along with (more recently), Therrien, who (if you watched at all) pretty much laid out his opinions about the Habs (prior to being hired).

Now he's the coach and all his buddies will be ripping him apart from time to time.

I really think the biggest ? this season is going to be who Therrien v2.0 is.
Yeah it is weird.

One note about Carbo I noticed though is that he's pretty classy about his comments. I don't recall him ever openly bashing a coaching decision.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:53 PM
  #17
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You mean it hasn't already? Not many of us were looking forward to seeing what Therrien would have in store for us his second time around.
Yeah I've seen a few comments here and there. I even said personally that he's not my favourite coach in the world. I wasn't extremely thrilled when I heard he was the coach I won't lie. But I'm willing to give the guy benefit of the doubt and start with a clean slate so to speak. And some of his comments on TV were pretty bad, but who you are on l'Antichambre and who you are in the real world, in a dressing room are probably vastly different.

I meant more like a flat out lynch mob calling for him to be fired. I say you'll start seeing that within 3 weeks after the start of the season. He won't be giving such and such enough icetime, he'll be stifling rookies, the lines won't be right etc etc.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:57 PM
  #18
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,065
vCash: 500
Well with Therrien it won't be the worst thing in the world if the Habs suck considering this draft class.

Plus if you look at Therrien's record in Montreal and Pittsburgh his 5 on 5 play was terrible but he had good special teams, while Lefebvre's Bulldogs have been terrible at everything except Stortini hugfests.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #19
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah I've seen a few comments here and there. I even said personally that he's not my favourite coach in the world. I wasn't extremely thrilled when I heard he was the coach I won't lie. But I'm willing to give the guy benefit of the doubt and start with a clean slate so to speak. And some of his comments on TV were pretty bad, but who you are on l'Antichambre and who you are in the real world, in a dressing room are probably vastly different.

I meant more like a flat out lynch mob calling for him to be fired. I say you'll start seeing that within 3 weeks after the start of the season. He won't be giving such and such enough icetime, he'll be stifling rookies, the lines won't be right etc etc.
To be completely honest, I think Lefebvre has had the benefit of the doubt longer than most would have expected. Many have said that the average age of the dogs, the beefed up AHL and the few injuries have made it more than just a bit difficult to string some wins together, and those are fair points.

However, I don't see many people *****ing about losing games. Mostly I see people tearing out their hair in frustration because he doesn't seem to match his lines at all, he overplays useless players in favor of those who might actually score a goal, that there is a general lack of organization in all facets of the dogs' game; be it special teams or 5v5. In essence, it's not that they're losing, it's how they're losing. I've given the dude the benefit of the doubt for a while now, but soon he'll be losing the 'beefed up ahl' excuse.

One thing I can hand the guy is that I've seen many dogs games this year, and very rarely are they not giving it 100%. They play hard for lefebvre. Maybe not recently, I dunno, I've missed the last few, but I think he's probably a decent enough motivator. Maybe only that, though.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.