HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts/Chances of a Vancouver vs. Boston Winter Classic in 2015?

Old
01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

vCash: 500
They really should have a sick marquee match up on NBC sports with the wild for hockey day and pimp Parise and Suter out

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Would love to see a Boston vs. Montreal game now that Toronto will have finally broken the "NO CANADIAN TEAMS ALLOWED!!!" barrier.

HBO 24/7 would have no shortage of clips, interviews, history, etc related to the rivalry.
I can't imagine what would be caught on audio if they played a game or two before the winter classic. Thornton alone has been known to say some great stuff to opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
I don't think they'd have a Canadian city host due to trying to grow the game in the US, so Boston/Montreal would have to be in Boston. They've already done Fenway, so would they do Gillette? I sort of doubt it. Given all of the times they get featured on the game of the week on NBC, I can see them doing Boston/NYR at Yankee Stadium.
You might see a bruins vs nyr game in yankee stadium before you see one in gillette. No way krafty bob allows it. Especially new years eve.. they'd have to play a game around xmas and not have another home game till the playoffs. And you'd have to hope that the pats would have a 1st round bye so the field wouldn't be totally screwed. Too much instability. There was always stories asking about "how will fenway look after the game" and that was a baseball field. Couldn't imagine the whining about gillette.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:47 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I
You might see a bruins vs nyr game in yankee stadium before you see one in gillette. No way krafty bob allows it. Especially new years eve.. they'd have to play a game around xmas and not have another home game till the playoffs. And you'd have to hope that the pats would have a 1st round bye so the field wouldn't be totally screwed. Too much instability. There was always stories asking about "how will fenway look after the game" and that was a baseball field. Couldn't imagine the whining about gillette.
I'd rather see them go with some different teams anyway, but I wonder if an artificial turf field like Gillette would hold up better than grass after having a rink on it.

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
I'd rather see them go with some different teams anyway, but I wonder if an artificial turf field like Gillette would hold up better than grass after having a rink on it.
You know for some reason i was thinking grass.. they have a "state of the art" field downthere so it would probabley hold up. But now we're talking about moving games around.. Don't think that would go over well.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote