HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Still hope he ends up in Florida. Guy deserves to go where he wants the way he handled this circus.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
TheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
So you're saying that Schenn isn't worth Luongo even when he was at an all time low? Because IMO Luongo is A better asset than JVR for the Leafs t this moment in time.
WTF

Old
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat View Post
WTF
Whats wrong with that? Maybe not value wise, but ask yourself this. Who would help the leafs win more games next year;
JVR or Luongo?

Its lou.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
ttam103

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Still hope he ends up in Florida. Guy deserves to go where he wants the way he handled this circus.

Erik Gudbranson is nowhere to be found on the Florida team website...

Old
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
TSN just went over how Roberto Luongo's contract will effect Vancouver in the team he's traded to if he retires early. If its true, Luongo's value is WAY down. Vancouver would get hurt badly but so would the other team. His contract is worse than it was in the old CBA. Those retirement years are a problem. I don't want my Panthers anywhere near him.
Because "your panthers" consistently spend the cap max year in and year out

God, that would be added value to Florida as it allows them to get to the cap floor.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
That was a fun break from all the arguing. well back to trolling and flaming each other I guess.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
No doubt, no argument from here on that. He's said lots of things to the media and then comes back and does the exact opposite, or nothing at all.

Although him being one of the more vocal voices for the cap-recapture system was more or less behind closed doors. I just don't see the logic of him fighting for that rule so much, then weeks later going and trading for a retirement contract. I guess we are talking about Brian Burke where logic seems to be non-existent.
Remember when he said that he was fully supportive of Wilson and then fires him a couple weeks later? Now I'm not saying it was a bad move but it was a move that should have been done when you guys still had a chance to make the playoffs IIRC.

I just don't buy the amount of ******** that comes out of his mouth no more. He's almost as good Steven Harper

Old
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
WTF
Well, Burke allegedly offered Schenn for Luongo only to be turned down by Gillis, before turning around and trading him for JVR. Value is not absolute, as everyone holds different players in different regard, but it's far from unreasonable to think some people would prefer Luongo to JVR.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Because "your panthers" consistently spend the cap max year in and year out

God, that would be added value to Florida as it allows them to get to the cap floor.
It doesnt save that any money. Any dead capspace later on is just the extra money they paid him while he was playing.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam103 View Post
Let me know when he shows up on Vancouver's

Old
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
WTF
So we disagree, but I'm sure if Leafs fans had a chance to trade Schenn for Luongo as the cent piece they would be more than happy too. I believe Schenn still has hope to be saved and he will strive in Philly.

The spotlight in Toronto was shone on him in an unfair way and Wilson was a terrible coach.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Remember when he said that he was fully supportive of Wilson and then fires him a couple weeks later? Now I'm not saying it was a bad move but it was a move that should have been done when you guys still had a chance to make the playoffs IIRC.

I just don't buy the amount of ******** that comes out of his mouth no more. He's almost as good Steven Harper
Again dude, what do you expect him to say? He isn't going to flat out tell the media he is going to fire Wilson in a couple weeks. GM's lie to the media all the time, it isn't exclusive to Brian Burke.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Well, Burke allegedly offered Schenn for Luongo only to be turned down by Gillis, before turning around and trading him for JVR. Value is not absolute, as everyone holds different players in different regard, but it's far from unreasonable to think some people would prefer Luongo to JVR.
40 point winger or elite franchise goalie?

Seems like a no brainer for me - the 40 point winger duh.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Let me know when he shows up on Vancouver's
Are we wagering Internet tough guy points? I wager 30.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:24 PM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
I see the problem. You don't know what the word "journeyman" means.
My bad.

I still feel the term is reserved for players such as Vandermeer who are given short term term deals to fill roles on transitioning teams.

Maybe my confusion in hockey terms, comes from the fact they often spend their careers jumping from team to team.

Although miscasted as a first line centre, Bozak is a big part of the Leafs now and in the future. The only way they deal him is for a clear upgrade - i.e. Luongo.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

L.A. Lariviere @L_A_theRiver
No transaction is imminent concerning Luongo to Leafs, @TVASports has learned. They're said to be favorites to land him nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/L_A_theRiver/sta...33229409107968

Old
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
I put about as much value in that report as I do "Jenifer Benson's" trade reports.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:28 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Serious question Leaf fans if a main piece does comeback will you pull Eggo boxes over your heads again?

Mai pieces being Gardiner/Kulemin/Kadri/1st?
I'm ok with Kadri involved.

Option 1

Bozak + Biggs + Franson

Option 2

Connolly + Kadri + Franson + 3rd (2014)

Option 3

Bozak + Kadri

Old
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Still there.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475790

Old
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Its pretty funny how a nobody with a twitter account can create a panic like that. Apparently all you have to do is steal a picture and write up a fake bio to trick people into thinking you know something.

Not to self when you steal the pic save it to your computer so people cant find it on another website so easily.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
ttam103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
yeah, not listed on team or farm pages though temp removal.

well, heres to hoping.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Again dude, what do you expect him to say? He isn't going to flat out tell the media he is going to fire Wilson in a couple weeks. GM's lie to the media all the time, it isn't exclusive to Brian Burke.
Nono, I'm just saying a lot of posters previously have stated Burke has said he dislikes those huge contracts, but I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if this does go through whether a main piece coming back or not. In the end, at least if you're going to lie be good at it. He must be a terrible poker player.

Personally, I feel like if the Canucks keep Luongo and start off strong while the Leafs struggle, ball in Vancouver's favour.

Vice Versa in Toroto's flavour. Analysts say that we have to get rid of Luongo asap, but how many of those actually follow the team as closely as some of us do? Would it be a distraction? It could be but they have co-existed before and besides Luongo has said on numerous of occasions...

"I want to do what's best for the Canucks, myself and my family."

If that's a backup role and a chance to win the cup (and I don't care what some people will have to say a cup is a cup) why not check the ego at the door and run with it again? Lu's done a great job of saying the right things and whoever gets him will be getting a class act. He's at the point in his career where he wants to play, but I can see him with being okay to split and winning a cup.

I like all of you guys want this to happen sooner rather than later as it's becoming almost as time consuming as the Lockout if not worse hahaha.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Numbers

Quote:
yeah, not listed on team or farm pages though temp removal.

well, heres to hoping.
He had surgery in September could be the reason.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:34 PM
EvoLu7ioN

As a Canucks fan I'm honestly sick of these dumbass proposals (from both new age Canucks fans, as well as other team's fans) sending Luongo out for a bunch of spare parts coming the other way.

Honestly guys. Bozak? Upshall? Vancouver is a world class city - one of the best in the world and consistently rated as such. We're a contender now and will be for the next few years. We have guys like that lining up to sign in the offseason. Every summer for the past three years we've had sought after free agents take pay cuts to play for us. In what world does anyone think Gillis trades an elite goaltender for a spare part he could have signed in the offseason? I don't give a **** about his "cap hit" or penalty, that only matters to team who plan to spend the max every year for the next 10 years, and that's only like 35-40% of the league.

Goaltending is such an important position, and Luongo is the only great option available. Look around the league at how many elite goalies have been traded in the past 10 years, not a damn lot. if you want a good one you usually have to develop one, and drafting them can be a crap shoot to begin with. But low and behold, due to a team with a wealth of talent, one become available. Time to ante up because Gillis isn't an idiot and he knows the value of his hand even if others try and bluff him out of it. I honestly hope he keeps both until the deadline because no other addition at any other position is as valuable in the playoff hunt as an elite goalie with playoff experience ready to go to war.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm ok with Kadri involved.

Option 1

Bozak + Biggs + Franson

Option 2

Connolly + Kadri + Franson + 3rd (2014)

Option 3

Bozak + Kadri
None of those trades offer the Canucks anything good for Luongo.