HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Ruki

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
I will be so happy is that happens.

Connolly = 0 Value to Toronto
Frattin = Potential Fringe 2nd/3rd line prospect
2nd Round Pick

That be sweet.
That would be my ideal price for Lou, that way we can keep Kuli and Kadri, players who I think will be very good in the coming year or two.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Price was unbelievable in the first series vs. Boston in their cup run.
I remember that series well. Carey lost all 3 overtime games. I also remember his antics in Game 4 when the Bruins swept his team a couple years earlier. As much flak as Roberto gets for being emotionally fragile, I see even more weakness in that regard in Carey.

I am not biased at all.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
HNIC radio is laughing saying it's pretty much done or done in theory, but trades need to open first.

Extremely curious to see what is going the other way, especially considering the deal couldn't get done with Florida and all the pieces they have to play with.
Yeah, but Tallon wasn't going to give up anything of significance. This was always a 'I'll take Luongo if I can get him cheap' for Tallon.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
I remember that series well. Carey lost all 3 overtime games. I also remember his antics in Game 4 when the Bruins swept his team a couple years earlier. As much flak as Roberto gets for being emotionally fragile, I see even more weakness in that regard in Carey.

I am not biased at all.

The one thing I remember the most from that series was the Thomas sprawling save against Gionta in OT when it was an open net. Even though MTL lost that was an insane series!

At least he didn't give up a couple 5+ spots in Boston though!

Old
01-09-2013, 10:21 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, but Tallon wasn't going to give up anything of significance. This was always a 'I'll take Luongo if I can get him cheap' for Tallon.
For sure, but still they must be asking for something from Toronto, and Toronto really doesn't have much to offer without gutting themselves of anything decent.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Richard

Will the Leafs never learn? They finally seem to be adding depth to their organization and they are going to trade it for a goalie on the downside of his career. Likely paying a premium as well.

Another stupid move.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Prongo
Beer

So has it been discussed where Reimer will en up if Luongo is brought in? The Flyers I think would be interested in his services.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
So has it been discussed where Reimer will en up if Luongo is brought in? The Flyers I think would be interested in his services.
We have to keep him so that in a year or 2 we can have our own goalie contravercy.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Fogelhund

Bozak is a tough player for Toronto to lose, and people, even our fans underestimate what this kid brings to the table.

Hi isn't physical, he isn't incredibly fast, his shot is average, he doesn't seem to put up points. People look at the two other guys on the line, and conclude his stats are inflated because he is playing with good players.

You know what though, it is the other way around. Kessel and Lupul succeed because of Bozak. We've seen a half dozen other Centers cycle through with Kessel, and Bozak is the only one on Toronto that has Kessel to be successful, and play his game. He makes the others around him better, without appearing great himself. He really is the ideal third line guy, from the perspective that his D is decent, he is great in the faceoffs, and he can play up on one of the top two lines, and allow those guys to continue to be who they are. All at a cheap price.

If we lose him, it will be a high cost for the Leafs, and Vancouver fans should like how he helps the team. He isn't dynamic, but allows others to get their job done. It will be difficult for us to replace him this year, particularly if we send Kadri, another C.. (more likely a winger long-term), but we have a hole as to who plays with Kessel and Lupul.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
smitty10

Quote:
He'll likely continue as the back up. It's possible he could be moved, but I think he's going to stay on board as back up to Luongo.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:28 AM
x94Galchenyuk94x*

Quote:
a) I don't think it will actually happen.
b) If it does, Gardiner + 2nd for Luongo

I think Luongo is going to get a big return
If this were to happen, Leaf nation would erupt with anger.

Quote:
I will be so happy is that happens.

Connolly = 0 Value to Toronto
Frattin = Potential Fringe 2nd/3rd line prospect
2nd Round Pick

That be sweet.
Wouldn't really call him a prospect. He is a fringe 2nd liner / solid 3rd liner though.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Will the Leafs never learn? They finally seem to be adding depth to their organization and they are going to trade it for a goalie on the downside of his career. Likely paying a premium as well.

Another stupid move.
Everyone thought Belfour wasn't going to do anything and was too old to play when he went to Toronto, and he was their best goaltender in decades.

Old
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
If we do land Luongo I think Reimer's value increases tbh. He's a solid goalie under the guidance of a mentor (Giggy) and has proven he can steal games for us when at the top of his game

Old
CandianKingsFan14

Face it Leaf fans, he aint coming to Toronto!!! He will end up in Folida this year or next.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
I actually don't want Luongo, he's the just the flavor of the moment right now for Leafs fans, as to who to acquire, before it was Eric Staal, Getzlaf or Perry, I mean, we just need one star to hand on to and see what we will give up, it keeps us entertained.

I'd rather see Reimer start and just see, prove it James that you are who you say you are.

Last edited by SixthSens: 01-09-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: "Luongo"
Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Prongo
Beer

I wouldn't mind handing a few draft picks over for Reimer, nothing more though. 2nd and a 4th maybe at most?? I have no clue, but don't think he will want to stay there TBH. He got his opportunity at starting and most likely feels he can be a starter, won't want to back Luongo up for 10 years.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Another stupid move.
Luongo on the downside of his career, good one.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I wouldn't mind handing a few draft picks over for Reimer, nothing more though. 2nd and a 4th maybe at most?? I have no clue, but don't think he will want to stay there TBH. He got his opportunity at starting and most likely feels he can be a starter, won't want to back Luongo up for 10 years.
We'll prolly stick with him IMO, and I am very curious to see the pieces.

JetsHomer

Bozak, Kadri, second.

Old
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
If Luo comes to TO, trading Reimer is possible. I would expect/hope it would be for a #1 to make an immediate impact. So unless Philly wants to cough up Giroux I doubt he ends up there.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:32 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

As a Sens fan....

Old
01-09-2013, 10:33 AM
birddog*

I don't know much but the 1st won't be going. Too much risk after Seguin and Hamilton.

Also likely one of Reimer or Scrivens goes the other way. Hoping Scrivens.

Likely some salary going the other way in the form of Connolly. Seems plausible that some would go with such a huge contract coming.

I doubt a defenseman is involved. The Leafs seem thin there with Schenn traded in the off-season and a bunch of injuries. Plus guys like Ranger and Franson not signed. Unless Franson is headed that way.

The names Bozak, Frattin and Kadri are the ones being thrown around the most.

Would be interesting to see if this will be something bigger with more players from Vancouver and Toronto involved. The GM's have had months to hammer this out.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
Face it Leaf fans, he aint coming to Toronto!!! He will end up in Folida this year or next.
I'm ok with that.....so i think i can "face it".

Old
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
If Luo comes to TO, trading Reimer is possible. I would expect/hope it would be for a #1 to make an immediate impact. So unless Philly wants to cough up Giroux I doubt he ends up there.
wait....

are you actually suggesting that it would cost the Flyers Giroux to get Riemer?

:handcla p:

Old
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Spice Trader

Riemer is not ready to be a starter. Face facts guys cmon.. he had a great stretch of what 35 games? then took a hit and has not been the same since.

Some of the problem could be the D and the coaching.. but i saw enough TO highlights of back breaking smelly goals to not be impressed.

Luongo playing 50 games riemer getting 32 for a couple seasons should advance his career much more than trying to do 70 games this year and getting shelled.

Closed Thread