HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: Is the light getting brighter?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I wouldn't mind handing a few draft picks over for Reimer, nothing more though. 2nd and a 4th maybe at most?? I have no clue, but don't think he will want to stay there TBH. He got his opportunity at starting and most likely feels he can be a starter, won't want to back Luongo up for 10 years.
Yet he will be good ith backing up Bryz for 8?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Reign Nateo

For the life of me I can't understand the Leafs fans that don't want Luongo... But if he does go to Toronto, I'd bet those will be the same posters singing his praises...

Old
01-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Yet he will be good ith backing up Bryz for 8?
General consensus from the Flyers board is that if Bryz struggles this year or even next, he will get the buyout. Luongo most likely won't struggle to the degree of Bryz.

Also the person who mentioned Giroux for Reimer, dear lord I hope it was a joke.

Old
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Also doesn't make sense since no one is allowed to make a deal due to the CBA not signed till saturday.

Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
Face it Leaf fans, he aint coming to Toronto!!! He will end up in Folida this year or next.
Would he wave to go to a Scandinavian team?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Riemer is not ready to be a starter. Face facts guys cmon.. he had a great stretch of what 35 games? then took a hit and has not been the same since.

Some of the problem could be the D and the coaching.. but i saw enough TO highlights of back breaking smelly goals to not be impressed.

Luongo playing 50 games riemer getting 32 for a couple seasons should advance his career much more than trying to do 70 games this year and getting shelled.
I've mentioned this before, but I have it on very good authority that it was the league 'figuring out' Riemer's terrible glove hand and lateral movement that exposed him, rather than the injury. If you watch some highlights, you'll see it too. I doubt he becomes anyone's starting goalie. To me he's the next Curtis Sanford.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Clyde Donovan

You gotta think Kadri is involved with the way his career has been scrutinized in Toronto. Watch him break out with the Nucks.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Also doesn't make sense since no one is allowed to make a deal due to the CBA not signed till saturday.
Can a deal be announced in advanced to it actually happening? Per se a verbal agreement? Or would that be against some sort of rule?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
You gotta think Kadri is involved with the way his career has been scrutinized in Toronto. Watch him break out with the Nucks.
He would break out on any team, has too much talent not too. Hope the leafs keep him.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by x94Galchenyuk94x View Post
If this were to happen, Leaf nation would erupt with anger.

Wouldn't really call him a prospect. He is a fringe 2nd liner / solid 3rd liner though.
Honestly though.

Vancouver isn't dumb enough to trade Lu for a bunch of spare parts. They're rather getting back one good quality winger or d + a pick.

Rielly - Too much value I would assume
Phaneuf - Van won't want, Tor won't want to move
Gunnar- Not good enough of a player
Liles - Possible, but $$$$

Only D I could see with value moving is Gardiner

Old
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
ginovegas

Just wondering what happens to Luongo should the Leafs lose 3-4 games in a row. The city of TO will chew him up and spit him out

Old
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
leftwinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
If Luo comes to TO, trading Reimer is possible. I would expect/hope it would be for a #1 to make an immediate impact. So unless Philly wants to cough up Giroux I doubt he ends up there.
No team is going to give up a number C or 1st line player for James Reimer. Ever.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Would Canuck fans let us yell 'LuUuuUuuUuuU' when he makes a save or do we have to trade you something significant for those rights too.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Would Canuck fans let us yell 'LuUuuUuuUuuU' when he makes a save or do we have to trade you something significant for those rights too.
'LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU' has been patented already. Perhaps Toronto fans could go with 'Robertoooooooooooooooooooo' or just politely clap as most in the stands already do.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
'LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU' has been patented already. Perhaps Toronto fans could go with 'Robertoooooooooooooooooooo' or just politely clap as most in the stands already do.
Or BOOOOOOO when are defense fails us again and no goalie can bail us out.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I pray leaf fans dont shout Luuuuu.... Its so dumb. Sounds like vancouver is booing him. Perfect way to ruin energy in the arena.

Old
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Just wondering what happens to Luongo should the Leafs lose 3-4 games in a row. The city of TO will chew him up and spit him out
Doubt it. There will be a honeymoon period and Luongo will be ready to go. He's rarely lost 3-4 games in a row in his career. Even in Florida. In fact, a big reason Canucks fans liked him is that after a tough performance he usually bounces back with a great one.

In the regular season Luongo is very consistant and will give solid performances nightly, it's the playoffs that have been the concern. I have to think though that if Luongo helps the Leafs into the playoffs, he'll buy himself some time before he gets chewed up.

People seem to forget, he got a rough ride in Vancouver at the end because the Canucks and their fans expected to win the Cup, after a few years of not getting it done things went sour, in the years prior to that you wouldn't find a more popular Canuck. This is not the situation in Toronto. They are looking for someone to provide consistant, veteran goaltending to help them get into the playoffs. Luongo can do that. Completley different situation.

Old
StringerBell

I can confirm this rumor is false. I had multiple source here on hfboards tell me that Frattin would not be included in any trade for Luongo.

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEverybody View Post
Or BOOOOOOO when are defense fails us again and no goalie can bail us out.
LOL! We used that one a few times too. But we haven't patented it yet.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:00 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1205
This scares the crap out of me.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I can confirm this rumor is false. I had multiple source here on hfboards tell me that Frattin would not be included in any trade for Luongo.
Or nuck fans saying they will just 'move on' if a 1st or Gardiner isn't involved.

Last edited by Sterling31: 01-09-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I pray leaf fans dont shout Luuuuu.... Its so dumb. Sounds like vancouver is booing him. Perfect way to ruin energy in the arena.
Ruin energy? Um no... The guy lives off that sound, people that haven't been to a game in Vancouver don't get it. He loves it, the fans get pumped, it's not what people think at all. No one is confused, they're excited and showing their love for Roberto, he eats it up and usually performs better when it's loudest.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Or nuck fans saying they will just 'move on' if a 1st or Gardiner isn't involved.
Precisely

Old
01-09-2013, 12:09 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 880
From an non-VAN/T.O. perspective, I think Van is crazy to move Luongo, but I guess it's Schneider's time. Also, Leafs fans are getting stingy with their willingness to give up proper assets to get a top 5-10 goalie.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
From an non-VAN/T.O. perspective, I think Van is crazy to move Luongo, but I guess it's Schneider's time. Also, Leafs fans are getting stingy with their willingness to give up proper assets to get a top 5-10 goalie.
The Leafs are not in a position to give the "proper assets" for a 33 year old player....period.

Closed Thread