HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

More impressive feat?

View Poll Results: More impressive accomplishment?
2 PPG 117 68.82%
literal PPG 53 31.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-10-2013, 09:04 AM
MadLuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Option B. Scoring a point in every game is something that's never been done before.
Not sure I like this way of looking at it, scoring 17 shotout goal in a season either (or a certain amout of penalty shot goal), but it would be less impressive than a already seen 90 goal season in today nhl imo.

Doing a Joe Malone kind of goal by game season production is something been done before, but doing it today would be much more impressive than a never seen 52 game points streak in my opinion.

MadLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
tazzy19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLuke View Post
Depends on who do it too.

Hall Gill making 164 points could make a bigger story in hockey history than him having a 82 game point streak (that would also be a big story).

Not sure if we can be sure about that as you did (imagine 164 points made in a 80 game point streak for an example, bigger story imo).
Yes, but the original question was 1 point a game for 82 games. One point per game is not that impressive, but an 82 game point streak by a point a game player would be a HUGE story.

tazzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
For the bolded part, you have called everyone here on the fact that they don't focus on the idea of the thread. That goes right to the same category.
No, I called people in this thread out on not being able to read. That's different.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No, I called people in this thread out on not being able to read. That's different.
Still,my point stands. It had nothing to do with the thread.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:26 AM
FilthyNote*

Could you imagine being at game 82 watching a player who has had 1 point in every game of the season then to see them get their 82nd point? The crowd would GO NUTS! At least if it was a home game.

When you see a guy hit 164 points by that point you would have been cheering at every point he got for a while and would cheer for every one after if there were more.

To hit 1 every game has way worse odd's so to me that would be more impressive.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote