HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Who else plays on that gimmick ice in Belleville that they couldn't simply add in a few rows of seats and shrink the ice to regular OHL size?

And Saginaw is up 2-0 on London! So we're gonna be 9 points back of 8th place with three games on hand and only 21 games to play...

Old
01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Who else plays on that gimmick ice in Belleville that they couldn't simply add in a few rows of seats and shrink the ice to regular OHL size?

And Saginaw is up 2-0 on London! So we're gonna be 9 points back of 8th place with three games on hand and only 21 games to play...
Spits 8 pts behind,with 3 games in hand on Sag,4pts up on Erie with 2 games in hand
Spits have 2 games left aginst Saggy and Erie
Spits have 27 games left not 21

Old
01-12-2013, 09:52 PM
jah65

-4 games in hand.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:55 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnintecumseh View Post
-4 games in hand.
-3 games in hand they did not change the spits resilt spits have 41,saggy 44

Old
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Ottomatic

I'll take the one point against the good Bulls team, especially on their huge home ice. Hopefully we get the win tomorrow and take 5 out of 6 points in our last three games.

The pisser is Saginaw winning against London - I mean really? That one was supposed to be a sure loss for them.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:39 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I'll take the one point against the good Bulls team, especially on their huge home ice. Hopefully we get the win tomorrow and take 5 out of 6 points in our last three games.

The pisser is Saginaw winning against London - I mean really? That one was supposed to be a sure loss for them.
I agree nice comeback agree after being down 2-0 and 3-2 against a team that not unlike Windsor is much improved offensively compared to their respective lineups prior to the trade deadline
Have to take advantage of Oshawa who is missing Jenner,Laughton and I think Lessio
Your right about getting 5 out of 6 pts would be nice
Got to hand to Saginaw knocking off London and in the process have a 5 game winning streak
They are 7-3 in their last 10 while Windsor is 3-7,which is exactly the difference in the standings between the 2 clubs-8 pts

Old
01-13-2013, 12:14 AM
jughead42

We just have to keep getting points. If we don't catch Saginaw, then maybe the Sault or Guelph slip enough for us to catch them. It looks like a lot of teams ahead of us are playing cross conference games, and cleaning up against the East. The difference in team quality between the conferences keeps getting more pronounced every year. A team like Barrie would be lucky to be middle of the pack playing these western teams all the time. Even the weak sisters in the west this season have really solid teams that would likely compete for home ice in the playoffs if they played out east. We need some realignment I think. Kitchener stands out to me as the western power that plays the most like an eastern conference team, send em east and give us North Bay or Niagara.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Hawks3

Can someone tell me why Kirby was one of the shooters in Belleville. His shootout record is disgusting to say the least. They should be using Aleardi, Verbeek, Vail or Ho sang even. The first period we werent even in the game. Great comeback in the second, and great third, we also dominated OT. I hate to say it but the management blew the shootout no question. They must be able to record shootout stats in practice or game history. These were Windsors two points and we gave one away. BRUTAL

Old
01-13-2013, 10:05 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
Can someone tell me why Kirby was one of the shooters in Belleville. His shootout record is disgusting to say the least. They should be using Aleardi, Verbeek, Vail or Ho sang even. The first period we werent even in the game. Great comeback in the second, and great third, we also dominated OT. I hate to say it but the management blew the shootout no question. They must be able to record shootout stats in practice or game history. These were Windsors two points and we gave one away. BRUTAL
Not sure fair to say gave a pt away when trailing much of the game,solid road effort overall,shootouts are a crap shoot,having said that I would gone to Aleardi as I am sure he was looking for redemption after being stoned twice by Graham duringthe contest
No doubt the shootout record,terrible road record and the absence of Koko for 2/3 of the season are the some of the main reasons for our pace in the standings

Old
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
A team like Barrie would be lucky to be middle of the pack playing these western teams all the time. Even the weak sisters in the west this season have really solid teams that would likely compete for home ice in the playoffs if they played out east. We need some realignment I think. Kitchener stands out to me as the western power that plays the most like an eastern conference team, send em east and give us North Bay or Niagara.
Jug, you crack me up. It's not even like there is a balanced schedule. The Colts don't even play an "Eastern Conference" sked. They play Owen Sound from the West 6 times this year (more than the Spits do). Conversely the Colts play some Eastern teams like the 67s & Frontenacs only 4 times. Their games with the best from the West have been competitive. They are 7-2-1-1 against Western conference playoff teams (losses to Guelph and London, and OT losses to London and Owen Sound). Would they be in second place in the league if they played in the West? Maybe not, but middle of the pack? Come'on.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Ottomatic

Koekkoek is out with a shoulder injury - brilliant. Will miss 7-10 days, at least that is the hope. So now Bowen is our 6th defenceman and Bateman is in the second pairing. Gotta love the decision to trade Posa for nothing right about now.

Can't use it as an excuse today given all the Gennies are missing - Jenner and Laughton at NHL camps, and Lessio injured.

Oshawa has a few scrappers - Clark will probably go somebody as it's a homecoming of sorts for him. Hope Bowen is over any concussion symptoms though, his scrap with Macguire earlier this season was spirited and he was even winning until he got caught and dropped.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:26 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Koekkoek is out with a shoulder injury - brilliant. Will miss 7-10 days, at least that is the hope. So now Bowen is our 6th defenceman and Bateman is in the second pairing. Gotta love the decision to trade Posa for nothing right about now.

Can't use it as an excuse today given all the Gennies are missing - Jenner and Laughton at NHL camps, and Lessio injured.

Oshawa has a few scrappers - Clark will probably go somebody as it's a homecoming of sorts for him. Hope Bowen is over any concussion symptoms though, his scrap with Macguire earlier this season was spirited and he was even winning until he got caught and dropped.
Very little margin for error. They got a point in Belleville but they need to get 2 against Oshawa. Windsor still needs help especially if Saginaw ends up beating a London etc.. If they fail to make the playoffs the trades at the deadline minus Koekkoek weren't good.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
hockeylegend11

Great 1st period 3-0 after ist period vs generals,team looking like they are getting some confidence.need to keep it up,hopefully KoekKoek is not out for long

Old
01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Hawks3

Oshawa, Good first period keep it going boys. Nice tilt Emerson & McGuuire. GO SPITS GO

Old
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
SpItFiReZ

Not even the same team. Awesome

Old
01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Petes96

oh there is Karma in Petes land. Koekkoek out with a shoulder separation

Old
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
MaybeNextYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
bitter.... bitter... bitter.....

Old
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
You're really disgusting, happy that another player got injured.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Very little margin for error. They got a point in Belleville but they need to get 2 against Oshawa. Windsor still needs help especially if Saginaw ends up beating a London etc.. If they fail to make the playoffs the trades at the deadline minus Koekkoek weren't good.
While missing the play-offs will be a death blow to any Memorial Cup hosting dreams, I'm not prepared to say the Aleardi deal and Giftopoulos deals were bad - Aleardi and Koko are very good role models for Ho-Sang to play with, even if just for half a year. Ho-Sang literally had nobody on this team he could look to as an on-ice mentor type as his skill set was completely different than anybody on our team. Giftopoulos is one of those gritty guys who will give 100% and do whatever it takes and play in any role - another area where our team was lacking in role models. Blocking shots/putting your boy on the line is contagious.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
So if you believe in karma, than what will karma have in store for you for taking glee in an 18 yr olds injury?

Old
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Some people are just born without class.

If I were to venture a guess, the 96 represents his birth year which would explain his childish posting.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Petes96

Quote:
not just any player..just a baby who demanded a trade

Old
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
not just any player..just a baby who demanded a trade
Just get out of our thread and stop trolling if your going to put your stupid comments, he wanted a trade out of the worst team in the league for the last 5 years what good player wouldn't? does he want to sit in dead last place for the next 2 years, I'd say no..... bad additude I'd say it was because how crappy of a team and management group there, wanted to go to a better run organization, have a nice time watching your team get the **** kicked out of them for at least the next couple years and will have a great time watching Koekkoek kick *** here...he's a great player and we won the trade.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Just get out of our thread and stop trolling if your going to put your stupid comments, he wanted a trade out of the worst team in the league for the last 5 years what good player wouldn't? does he want to sit in dead last place for the next 2 years, I'd say no..... bad additude I'd say it was because how crappy of a team and management group there, wanted to go to a better run organization, have a nice time watching your team get the **** kicked out of them for at least the next couple years and will have a great time watching Koekkoek kick *** here...he's a great player and we won the trade.
lol..and where are you guys sitting this year?? you won't make playoffs..unless of course you cheat again and pay players but please don't get caught this time its embarassing..good luck in the draft the next few years.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
WindsorGirl

Quote:
lol..and where are you guys sitting this year?? you won't make playoffs..unless of course you cheat again and pay players but please don't get caught this time its embarassing..good luck in the draft the next few years.
What is embarrassing is you....

Don't feed the troll.....

Closed Thread